Sainsburys Nectar Points

Our local Sainsburys has just started to us the self scan scheme. This co-incided with the new nectar app.
I have been happily using this since September. Every week you are give offers where you get bonus points on certain items. You select the offers in the app and the extra points should appear on the app.
However my extra points didnt show up, so I checked the app and it said that the extra points may take longer to show.
I contacted Nectar yesterday as my extra points were still not appearing. They told me that I needed to prove to them which offers I had used and show my receipts.
I cannot remember the offers as they change every week and at times I do not accept a receipt as I am trying to save the planet!
AS I couldnt provide this information they offered me 200 nextar points as a goodwill gesture. This is rediculous as I must have earned at least 400 in my last shop.
Has anyone else had this problem and if so how was it rectified?
Sainsburys say it is not their issue.

Comments

• MoonChild91
    MoonChild91 Posts: 650 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I've had it a couple of times, but it's ended up being me and I've bought a slightly different size etc or they've just run out. Do you have the Nectar app? You can check your 'saved' offers there, I've started trying to check this in store especially if it's 100 or 200 points. 
    Make £2024 in 2024 total £803.82/£2024

Make £2023 in 2023 total £2246.22/£2023

2024 comp wins: dress, earrings + candle bundle

2023 comp wins: £1.60 TCB, collagen + make up bundle, £15 book token, signed book, outdoor cinema tickets + £200 spending money, candle bundle
  • ZeroSum
    ZeroSum Posts: 1,000 Forumite
    The bonus points show up on the app pretty much straight away.
    As poster above says, possibly slightly different product, which I have done before when the old style paper vouchers didn't scan
  • P1Fanatic
    P1Fanatic Posts: 341 Forumite
    As above they appear straight away normally as long as you save the offers in the app. I save them all as soon as they appear as I forgot once and had to request them which was a pain. Also noticed in the last few weeks the offers are really poor now with most being just 10 points when previously it was 40-100 points most items.
  • I do not know if this has been pointed out before but Nectar has a major flaw in the bonus points vouchers they are specific to an individual and their card only. So if you like me have a linked account and you both share the shopping as only one of you maybe available you take the vouchers that arrive along to the shop if they do not match they will scan and collect them off you but nothing will be added to your nectar account. Basically if you think you have a joint Nectar account think again! I only found this out when I went to do my first online shop with the bonus Xmas points to be collected got to the checkout were coupons are applied automatically to find no coupons I had to change my nectar card details to the wife's card or we would have lost over 1300 bonus points. Plus your online shopping account will only save 1 nectar card number so now will have to constantly be swapping numbers and check every voucher to see what card it belongs to. At least Tesco have a single shared account number that the individual personal numbers are linked to so offers are shared equally get your act together Nectar or is it a blatant attempt to fleece your customers? 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback