Hitting 60, time for change.

Options

Comments

• ginnyknit
    ginnyknit Posts: 3,718 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Have been busy as Dd moved house so we asked our friends for their unwanted curtains and I have been adapting them to fit her very odd windows. This has taken a bit of time but must have saved a fortune.

Have just filled the boot with a huge Primark bag full of stuff for the CS and have a box to go as well. I decided the art work on my bedroom walls had been up far too long - 15 years or so - and it was time for a change so that can go too.

Now Dd is settled and very happy in her lovely house we don't have to go back and forth as much so I have 5 days free now and am setting up a dedicated photo area on the bedding box as its a white wall behind it so will be taking photos of the next lot of sales.

Ive made a lot of birthday cards and am hoping my friend will put them in her shop, she already sells my knits when I have some and only charges me a bit so hopefully I may have some sales.

Taking my time so I don't wear myself out - you are all right, slowly slowly catchee monkey!
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done on giving things to decluttering and also giving things to charity. It sounds like you have been v busy and will be still for the next few days.

How talented are you????!!!!:beer: It's great that you can make birthday cards and knits which I am sure will raise money in your friends shop.:j:j
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • ginnyknit
    Options
    Have set up a few more ads to sell some bits and bobs. Started organising my knitted projects as I have a fair few Christmas bits nearly finished so must get those done before my window of opportunity closes. Took a huge bag of stuff to a charity shop this week then went to Mums and she gave me another big bag to take - oh well am keeping occupied:T

Just picked up a sheet in The Range to use as backing for a patchwork tablecloth (mums Christmas present) It was only £3 and will finish off a few other projects too.
    I will get my caravan
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Well done on helping Dd, visiting Charity Shop and for all the great crafting. It is a great time to be selling I hope you make loads! Hurrah for decluttering and having a side hustle (I know the lingo!!!!) this is our way forward to a new positive future.
  • pinknsparkly
    Options
    Oooooh, a patchwork table cloth sounds beautiful! I definitely agree that this is the time of year to sell home made crafts. I saw some gorgeous crocheted stars Christmas tree decorations for sale on facebook the other day. I'd love to be more crafty, but I once spend aaaages trying to teach myself to knit from a step-by-step pictorial book for beginners and in the end had to throw it all away as I was getting so wound up about it and cross with myself!
    MFW2023 challenge #99: £1090.11 / £1,000 MFiT-T6 (Jan 2022 - Jan 2025) challenge #99: Reduce mortgage to £400,000. Current balance = £413,551.19 Initial MF date (23rd Aug 2022): Sep 2051 Current MF date: Jul 2051 Last updated: 15/06/2023
  • ginnyknit
    Options
    Pinkandsparkly, try crochet with a you tube video, you never know it might be for you.

More to Cs today and doing a tip run with garden stuff and a few bits that need gone - my ironing board died not that I used it much. Am using a blanket on the worksurface for DHS's school shirt once a week and it works fine.

Just waiting on a couple of fleabay sales then I will put a couple more on plus need to take pics of a few higher ticket items which are taking up shelf space.

Feeling good about the process at the moment.:j
    I will get my caravan
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Well done, you are doing your hobby and making money and decluttering at the same time. You ladies keep me going. I am looking round thinking what else I can get rid of. It hadn't even occurred to me till Skinty began. This thread is so inspiring.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi ginnyknit, I love reading about your crafting. I'd love to be able to do that but I'm just hopeless at that sort of thing.

bln x
  • pinknsparkly
    Options
    All your crafting and decluttering sounds amazing! I'll try and make an effort to find some crochet videos on YouTube - I've been told in the past that it's much easier than knitting so maybe there is a craft out there for me!
    MFW2023 challenge #99: £1090.11 / £1,000 MFiT-T6 (Jan 2022 - Jan 2025) challenge #99: Reduce mortgage to £400,000. Current balance = £413,551.19 Initial MF date (23rd Aug 2022): Sep 2051 Current MF date: Jul 2051 Last updated: 15/06/2023
  • ginnyknit
    Options
    I seem to have a mental block to the password for here lately so not been around much. Frugal Christmas is on the cards but that's what we all want. The grand children don't need toys off us as they have enough. When Dd moved in this new house the loft was full of stuff and the landlord checked it and said she could do what she wanted with it - brand new toy kitchen was sat there!

Im working on emptying the freezers this week to use up stuff and be ready for New Year shop. Hubby buys us love to shop vouchers through the year and I use them for food shopping in November and December, thus freeing up my cash for everything else. I use them in Iceland and put any change on their saving card which soon adds up to a small shop in January.

Ive made some Pompom wreaths which Im going to pop in my friends woolshop for sale to get a few bob for the pot. I haven't dressed the house yet as Im busy sorting stuff and fixing things for the family.

Major coup this week, I found myself a new coat. Im a large lady and don't like the 'fashionable things' black puffy coats are only for bad weather so my 5 year old one will do for that. I found a beautiful warm black velvet 3/4 coat in a CS the other day £15 bargain :j

Savings pot growing slowly but surely, every penny worked hard for and nothing wasted.
    I will get my caravan
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family