Tax Avoidance to avoid child support

Comments

• DennisTenus
    DennisTenus Posts: 483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I'm confused, how are people using these schemes if they are employed by a company and get paid PAYE? or are they all contractors/self employed?
  • Hi

I have just started a petition to lobby parliament to make it a criminal offence to avoid child support, please sign it and join my campaign.

http://chng.it/JFKsKLtYhR
  • Hmm I'm going to start one to make it a criminal offence for one parent to stop the other parent having access to their child/children
  • Hmm I'm going to start one to make it a criminal offence for one parent to stop the other parent having access to their child/children

You're 16 years too late with that one, it already is a criminal offence to stop a parent from having access to their child which is why its a myth that this still happens. The only people still advocating this are the abusers who are trying to milk the sympathy vote.
  • a.ferra wrote: »
    You're 16 years too late with that one, it already is a criminal offence to stop a parent from having access to their child which is why its a myth that this still happens. The only people still advocating this are the abusers who are trying to milk the sympathy vote.

Is it?? Why do you have to take the other parent to a civil court then to sort it out?

Regardless my ex makes it difficult and I read countless posts of parents ignoring court orders and just getting a little slap on the wrist!
  • Is it?? Why do you have to take the other parent to a civil court then to sort it out?

Regardless my ex makes it difficult and I read countless posts of parents ignoring court orders and just getting a little slap on the wrist!

Ok so that statement has changed from one parent not allowing access...As you say your ex makes it difficult in your view, which means that court doesn't take the same view as you and hasn't issued the full powers that it can.

As I previously stated many parents actually stopping contact is a myth and is being used to obtain sympathy votes often because the courts are secret and the resident parent can't speak up and defend themselves for fear of having their children taken from them.
    The reality is that some non resident parents are not getting their own way and are upset that they can't pick and choose when it is convenient for them to be a parent, that is in fact more of the reality of what is going on.

But it sounds much better to draw outside the lines and place blame on an already heavily burdened resident parent.
  • I was saying that generally. Anyway what do you mean about the secret courts?? Why would the resident parent not be able to speak up?!
  • a.ferra
    a.ferra Posts: 36 Forumite
    I was saying that generally. Anyway what do you mean about the secret courts?? Why would the resident parent not be able to speak up?!

Because you're not allowed to discuss ANYTHING that goes on in that court room, there are reporting restrictions on all family court cases.
  • Surely people talk to friends/family though who talk to other friends/people etc.....
  • a.ferra
    a.ferra Posts: 36 Forumite
    Surely people talk to friends/family though who talk to other friends/people etc.....

No you're not allowed to talk to anyone. It is complete isolation, if you're found in breach you can lose your children, often mothers lose custody of their kids for telling people.

Thousands of mothers have lost their kids this way, but no one knows about it due to the reporting restrictions.

As I said its abuse in the family courts that goes on in secret.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure