Crafty Bargain of the Day!

Comments

• susan42
    susan42 Posts: 1,449 Forumite
    This for that scrap mate but I'm on the challenge to not buy anything. Unless I can make 500 things ASAP
    Challenge 2018 - Learn by heart the Book by Wayne Morgan on Amazon - Betfair Football Trading as it helps to supplement my small income :beer:
  • susan42 wrote: »
    This for that scrap mate but I'm on the challenge to not buy anything. Unless I can make 500 things ASAP

LOL! The thing that puts me off buying from them (thank goodness) is the £6.94 delivery charge.
    Use your stuff challenge 50/50
  • 25% off Everything with code:2000182366

Hobbycraft until Tuesday
    Use your stuff challenge 50/50
  • glynisrose wrote: »
    I found a market stall nearby that sells any card you can think of!! They do deals like Payperbox or Papermill where you can fill a box for £6.99!! I did and got about 100 odd sheets of 200 gsm printable white card and about 50 sheets of plain black card (same weight) Well worth it and NO p & p!!!!

I'm in the Midlands :) may I ask whereabouts here is this market stall?

Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.
  • Going back to October here, to put a follow-up on my purchase of a Utee Melting Pot from a fabulous place that Battybird told us about .....

Battybird wrote: »
    Think you may have a long wait, it's still in it's packet. :D Crafting fascinates me, but I usually end up just playing with stuff like a little girl, but not actually making anything. I really enjoy just messing about.

Batty ... I finally got up the courage to get my melting pot out, along with all the crystals and inks, and moulds that I've 'squirrelled' together over the past weeks, and after I got everything ready, - then just to make sure I knew what I was doing I watched a couple of video's on You Tube (by Leonie Pujol) I turned it on and played. OH BOY AM I HOOKED!!!

It's SO addictive! And the best part is that if you make something and you're not quite happy about it, you can pop it back into the melting pot and start all over again.

Have you used yours, Batty? Made anything that you've kept (or even given away!)?
    Remember: however thin you slice something, there are always two sides to everything.
  • Battybird
    Battybird Posts: 315
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 2 December 2013 at 5:15PM
    My meltpot is still in its packet. :o I did buy some silicone molds at a carboot last week for 50p and £1 each, which when new cost up to £13 each.

The lady was selling tons of stuff from when she'd run a cake business. She told me that she has a stall on Preston market carboot Tuesday and Thursday in case anybody wants to go.

Sorry, I forgot to type about this last week, but the lady had so much stuff, I'm sure there will be plenty left. (don't know if there will be any more silicone molds though.)

The Cre8tor, keep an eye out on youtube in the New Year for a man called John Glossop. He is a brilliant demonstrator and told me he was hoping to put some some youtube videos on in January. He told me he has lots of Melt Pots. I think he told me he has 11 or 12 on the go in his Craft shed!
  • Battybird
    Battybird Posts: 315
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 2 December 2013 at 5:11PM
    I bought a couple of Fiskars Wire Winders from Abakhan Preston yesterday, reduced from £6.99 to £2.09. (sorry, I bought the last 2 in Preston, but they may have more to put out???) Make a nice present.

I also bought a Papermania Urban stamp, tapemeasures, reduced to £1.80. I think this was the last one, but I did leave behind a few Bottle Cap stamps, I think also costing £1.80.

Also the Inspiration craft shop had the original Spectrum Noirs, packs of 6, bogof. (they have just changed the design of the pens, so let's hope that many other shops reduce their older stock.) They only had grey and blue packs left. Wish I'd been there earlier in the week.
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,513
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    My bargain arrived at the weekend ...well, had to collect from the post office as it was Parcelforce- and needed a signature.

I bought loads of mainly 12x12" papers from Craft Creations for card making- they have lots in the bargain corner now @ 5pence (were 30p+) per sheet. If you buy suffiecient it even goes down to 3 pence per sheet. Some of the push out toppers had been 99pence. I see they now have loads of peel offs half price as well as back issues of their magazines @£1 instead of £3 (without the free gifts.) Magazine offer is until Dec 9th.
    It's worth a look:
    http://www.craftcreations.com/Default.aspx?SectionID=1380
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything!
    If you found my posting helpful please hit the "Thanks" button!
    Many thanks
    -Stash busting: 337 in 2022
    Stash busting: in 2023. 120 doggy duvets, 24 shopping bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lavender bags,36 crochet angels,9 woven bones, 1 crochet knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramid pouches = total 420...£119.50 spent- £114.50 earned= total spend £5. Total earned for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets, 24 pyramid pouches, 6 hot water bottle covers, 4 knitted beanies, 1 crochet angel= 58 £61 spent!!! already
  • Battybird wrote: »
    ... [...] ...

The Cre8tor, keep an eye out on youtube in the New Year for a man called John Glossop. He is a brilliant demonstrator and told me he was hoping to put some some youtube videos on in January. He told me he has lots of Melt Pots. I think he told me he has 11 or 12 on the go in his Craft shed!

Ohhh, OK, Thanks (((Batty))). I will do.
    I can understand why he would have more than one melt pot. It seriously is the most amazing crafting tool I think I have. I'm in love with the darn thing. And best of all ... Last night I made a pendant for my eldest daughter. I'm thrilled with the way it turned out. Even I am impressed with it. (and I'm mega critical over my stuff).

I'm going to hang it from some Organza ribbon which I bought yesterday from Hobbycraft.

Thanks for the heads up on the You Tube videos by John Glossop. I'll keep checking for them after Christmas.
    T.C. xxx
    Remember: however thin you slice something, there are always two sides to everything.
  • The market stall is in Erdington, near Birmingham, its amazing, she sells just about every card - crafting item you can think of including die cutting machines, cutters and embossing folders (A4 size too!!). So if you are anywhere near Birmingham on a Tuesday, Friday or Saturday, make your way to the Barnabas market in Erdington and spend, spend, spend!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure