Eon energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• Customers with online accounts can see if the new supplier has been in touch by logging in.

Malc,

Thanks for the reply.

Where exactly on your site can I see if the new supplier has been in touch? What exactly am I supposed to look at?

It might be just me but I really do feel that you energy companies just love to make things unnecessarily complicated. ;)
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    FOREVER21 wrote: »
    I complained after been told that my congratulatory E-mail awarding me a Sky Q prize in the spin the wheel promotion had been sent out in error and no prize was due.

After numerous e-mails I have now been offered a generous good will gesture to compensate for my disappointment.

Thanks E-On for this, now all I need from you is a better fixed tariff than you are currently showing for me ,and I might just be tempted to stay with you.

Glad we've sorted your complaint FOREVER21and that you're pleased with the outcome. Sorry, though, it happened in the first place.

Just a quick heads up and for the benefit of anyone else that played 'Spin the Wheel,' winners of the £1500 prizes have been told by email. They've until 15 February 17 to accept their prize. Once we've had confirmation from all the winners, we'll make an announcement on our website and Facebook page. Timing of this depends on how quickly winners accept their prizes.

Hope this is of interest.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,506 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post

Just a quick heads up and for the benefit of anyone else that played 'Spin the Wheel,' winners of the £1500 prizes have been told by email. They've until 15 February 17 to accept their prize. Once we've had confirmation from all the winners, we'll make an announcement on our website and Facebook page. Timing of this depends on how quickly winners accept their prizes

.....must be a mistake, I haven't received my email yet - with ~ 60 entries I thought I was a shoe in for at least 1 * £1500:rotfl:
    Oh well, a bit like the Halifax prize draw -has anyone evr met someone who has won that ??
  • fredandwilma
    fredandwilma Posts: 1,251 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler I won, I won, I won! Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Glad we've sorted your complaint FOREVER21and that you're pleased with the outcome. Sorry, though, it happened in the first place.

Just a quick heads up and for the benefit of anyone else that played 'Spin the Wheel,' winners of the £1500 prizes have been told by email. They've until 15 February 17 to accept their prize. Once we've had confirmation from all the winners, we'll make an announcement on our website and Facebook page. Timing of this depends on how quickly winners accept their prizes.

Hope this is of interest.

Malc

I've a bone to pick with you Malc :naughty:

Twasn't me, your most loyal customer.:rotfl:

Ah well
    Fred - Where's your get up and go?

Barney - It just got up and went.

Carpe diem
  • Hello OhJay and welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry you've had so many poor experiences with us over such a relatively short time. Sounds like a nightmare.

I agree, suspect we haven't adjusted the billing address and are still asking for payments against a previous account before you took over. This is something your Complaint Manager will have sorted as part of their resolution.

So she said. I've said I'd supply the property's previous owner's details and ask the agent we bought through if they were the letting agent and they can go chase them that way. She admitted it's not something I should have to do but if it gets the scary letters off my doorstep...
    Not using actual meter readings isn't good and can lead to the sort of increases we've suggested. Do you know why they weren't used?

Not a clue I'm afraid. The only suggestion anyone could make was that the readings were so far out from the estimates that the system rejected them.
    For the reading I tried to supply in October 2016 I can understand, I tried to supply a reading about 5500 more than you were expecting. The person I spoke to at the time did say when I gave the number "No, that doesn't fit with what it should be here" but did record the reading in the notes.
    However for the first reading 5 months after you installed the meter I have no idea and there is simply no excuse to my mind. I don't know what I expected from you but I did feel the compensation of £5 per failed read was mildly insulting. On the other hand I do admit that's what I've used over the last 18 months so I can't expect you to wipe it clean so freely admit you're in a no win situation there, you cemented the loss 18 months ago :rotfl:
    Even if out of synch with previous readings, they can be altered. I suspect the meter exchange had something to do with this. Once this is underway, it isn't possible to make this type of change until it's all done and dusted. This is no excuse though as it shouldn't be taking over 18 months to put through. Again, as part of the resolution, your Complaint Manager will have sorted the billing so, going forward, actual readings are used. This will have a knock on effect on the payment reviews. The more actual readings we have, the more accurate they'll become.

Oh yeah, lesson learned, whoever I end up with I will be giving my own readings on a VERY regular basis!
    Monthly Direct Debits are based on current prices and usage over the past 12 to 18 months. With the readings being wrong, this will have given a completely false impression of usage and caused the sort of reviews and bills you've experienced.

We review Monthly Direct Debits every quarter but will only make changes at the mid-term and annual points. At the other times, we'll let you know if a change is necessary but leave it up to you to make any alterations. The aim is to achieve as near as possible to a zero balance by the annual review. Now we're using your readings, future reviews will be more accurate.

Totally understand why you want to leave given the nightmare you've gone through. Again, I'm sorry this has happened and that it has taken so long to sort.

Malc

See, another perfect of example of the people are lovely, just having to front a flawed system.
    Thank you Malc, appreciate the comments :beer:

Question: I am now on a 2 year payment plan system to catch up the debt I'd accrued over 18 months. I wasn't told anything at the time about I would be absolutely tied in to you and unable to leave during that period so I trust switching would still be allowed?
    And if I did would I be able to drop my monthly direct debit to you to just the amount of overpayment I'm doing now and still pay you back over the 2 years as agreed? Or would you insist I continued the monthly amount agreed now for the 6 months it would take to pay the bill off?
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    FOREVER21 wrote: »
    I said just that ages ago when they first mentioned the changes.

This was as a result of my experience with Co-Op energy who decided to update their system with disasterous results.:mad:

In reply to my post saying what you have stated, Malc assured me that the new system would be " well tested" before going live.

We will soon find out.:D

Morning FOREVER21 and can confirm, the planned changes to our website have been thoroughly tested. You may have seen a few outages over recent months with a message about planned maintenance. A lot of this has been to do with the forthcoming changes.

It's important we keep growing the website to improve our online services and keep them relevant to what many customers are telling us they want to see. I remember many years ago when the website was first launched. Just about the only thing a customer could do was enter meter readings. We've come a long way from those early footsteps. Customers can now issue their own bills through Real Time Billing, adjust their payments via the Direct Debit Manager, change tariffs, move between single rate and Economy 7 prices (provided they've a suitable two rate meter), give us details when moving home, apply for benefits like Warm Home Discount, register for Smart Meters, see how to save money by saving energy, make payments plus various other things.

The New Era website will look to keep these developments moving forward to give customers services more tailored to their particular circumstances.

Hope you like the changes FOREVER21 and would be interested in any comments/thoughts you or others might have. Helena and I talk to our digital team regularly and will be happy to pass on these thoughts.

Malc
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    Malc,

Thanks for the reply.

Where exactly on your site can I see if the new supplier has been in touch? What exactly am I supposed to look at?

It might be just me but I really do feel that you energy companies just love to make things unnecessarily complicated. ;)

Hello youravinalarrrf.

Once the new supplier is in touch to takeover, the online account will be locked down. This happens very early in the switch and at this point no tariff changes can be made, meter readings entered, bills raised or Direct Debits altered. Check any of these screens and, if unavailable, the new supplier will have applied for the account.

Hope this helps a little.

Malc
    brewerdave wrote: »
    .....must be a mistake, I haven't received my email yet - with ~ 60 entries I thought I was a shoe in for at least 1 * £1500:rotfl:
    Oh well, a bit like the Halifax prize draw -has anyone evr met someone who has won that ??

Bad luck brewerdave. With 60 entries, thought you were in with a great chance. :(

Once we've had confirmation from all the winners, we'll make an announcement on our website and Facebook page so you can see who won. Not much consolation though.

Better luck next time.

Malc
    I've a bone to pick with you Malc :naughty:

Twasn't me, your most loyal customer.:rotfl:

Ah well

Sorry to disappoint fredandwilma. Better luck next time. :D

Malc
    OhJay wrote: »
    So she said. I've said I'd supply the property's previous owner's details and ask the agent we bought through if they were the letting agent and they can go chase them that way. She admitted it's not something I should have to do but if it gets the scary letters off my doorstep...

Not a clue I'm afraid. The only suggestion anyone could make was that the readings were so far out from the estimates that the system rejected them.
    For the reading I tried to supply in October 2016 I can understand, I tried to supply a reading about 5500 more than you were expecting. The person I spoke to at the time did say when I gave the number "No, that doesn't fit with what it should be here" but did record the reading in the notes.
    However for the first reading 5 months after you installed the meter I have no idea and there is simply no excuse to my mind. I don't know what I expected from you but I did feel the compensation of £5 per failed read was mildly insulting. On the other hand I do admit that's what I've used over the last 18 months so I can't expect you to wipe it clean so freely admit you're in a no win situation there, you cemented the loss 18 months ago :rotfl:

Oh yeah, lesson learned, whoever I end up with I will be giving my own readings on a VERY regular basis!

See, another perfect of example of the people are lovely, just having to front a flawed system.
    Thank you Malc, appreciate the comments :beer:

Question: I am now on a 2 year payment plan system to catch up the debt I'd accrued over 18 months. I wasn't told anything at the time about I would be absolutely tied in to you and unable to leave during that period so I trust switching would still be allowed?
    And if I did would I be able to drop my monthly direct debit to you to just the amount of overpayment I'm doing now and still pay you back over the 2 years as agreed? Or would you insist I continued the monthly amount agreed now for the 6 months it would take to pay the bill off?

Many thanks for coming back to me and for the kind words OhJay. Happy to help.

Certainly, if possible, details of the person responsible for usage before you took over will help us direct follow up in the right direction. Thanks for doing this. As our Complaint Manager said, this isn't your responsibility so appreciate your help here.

Sorry you're unhappy with the financial resolution offered. You can send the complaint to our Reviewers for a second opinion. They'll go through the case again and either uphold the original resolution or offer an alternative. If still unacceptable, we can give you a 'Final Resolution Offer' letter. This will help if you decide to go to the Energy Ombudsman for an independent review. Please let your Complaint Manager know if you would like to do this.

As you've both an open complaint and an agreed payment plan, our usual objections to switching due to debt won't apply. You'll need to talk to us though as the arrangement will need to be reset.

With a change of supplier, a final bill is issued within 30 days of the switch. At this point, the outstanding balance usually becomes due straightaway. If there's a live Direct Debit, we'll collect the balance automatically through this arrangement about two weeks after the final bill. The actual date will be shown on the front page of the final bill.

Given your situation, you'll need to reset the payments. I assume current payments include the ongoing usage and an amount to clear the balance over 2 years. Once switched, the new amount will be to clear the balance only. This will need setting up by our Credit Operations team as only these advisors have the necessary access to make this type of arrangement on a closed account. The Complaint Manager will have left notes on the account explaining the nature of your present agreement and these will be used by Credit Ops to sort out a new arrangement following a switch.

If you do decide to stay with us, there are many ways to let us have meter readings including online through our website or phone app, by phone or text, email or letter. You can also raise your own bills online by popping in readings and choosing 'request a bill.'

Sorry again for all the difficulties OhJay and hope this points you in the right direction. Let me know if you've any more questions as happy to help.

Malc
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback