IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Private parking fines UKCPS Ltd

Options

Comments

• Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 28 March 2012 at 10:16PM
    Options
    And don't forget to sue the retail park as well. The PPC is their agent. If anything, this is the important bit. It ought to make them realise just what the PPC is doing to their customers and cancel the contract.
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,689 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 October 2016 at 7:37PM
    Options
    UKCPS keeping money meant for 'charity' clicky link

EDITED FOR NEW READERS (2016)

DO NOT EVEN CONTINUE READING - THIS IS A 2011/2014 THREAD - IT IS OUT OF DATE IN ADVICE.

More importantly if you have a UKCPS new PCN now, they are banned from getting DVLA data so do not appeal and no letters can be sent (at the time of writing this at the end of 2016).

DO NOT REPLY HERE, GO TO PAGE ONE AND READ THE NEWBIES THREAD AND IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS YOU WILL THEN BE ON PAGE ONE AND CAN START A NEW THREAD

This thread is ancient - use the forum jump on the right and read the current advice instead!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Options
    Top link.

UKCPS has paid £1,000 so far, but provided a list of around 160 disabled drivers it has fined, meaning around £2,200 may still be outstanding.

Quite how a charity can fleece the very people they are supposed to help is mind boggling.

I really recommend people complain to the charity commission about DMUK.

http://www.charitycommission.gov.uk/About_us/Complaining/Complaint_about_a_charity_index.aspx
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I think you might call this a "told you so" moment for Ms. Dolphin. Several of us have repeatedly told her and the charity that they were dealing with a dodgy company. All we got in return was a refusal to answer our emails when we got too persistent.

I notice that UKCPS are still boasting about their association with DMUK:-

http://ukcps.net/dmuk.php
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 26 October 2016 at 7:38PM
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    I think you might call this a "told you so" moment for Ms. Dolphin. Several of us have repeatedly told her and the charity that they were dealing with a dodgy company. All we got in return was a refusal to answer our emails when we got too persistent.

I notice that UKCPS are still boasting about their association with DMUK:-

http://ukcps.net/dmuk.php

:eek::eek:

From that UKCPS link:

''DMuk to give an 'employee of the month' certificate as an external reward to a member of the UKCPS team in recognition of good customer service. ''

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

DO NOT EVEN CONTINUE READING - THIS IS A 2011/2014 THREAD - IT IS OUT OF DATE IN ADVICE.

More importantly if you have a UKCPS new PCN now, they are banned from getting DVLA data so do not appeal and no letters can be sent (at the time of writing this at the end of 2016).

DO NOT REPLY HERE, GO TO PAGE ONE AND READ THE NEWBIES THREAD AND IF YOU STILL HAVE QUESTIONS YOU WILL THEN BE ON PAGE ONE AND CAN START A NEW THREAD

This thread is ancient - use the forum jump on the right and read the current advice instead!

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    I can't wait for the day that a disabled motorist sues a retail park/supermarket under the Equalities act and gets a massive pay-out, hopefully paid for by the supermarket whom contracted out "management" to a 3rd party
  • Coupon-mad
    Options

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
  • Stephen_Leak
    Stephen_Leak Posts: 8,762 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Do you realise, if you Google "UKCPS", the first entry you get is for the UK Coloured Pencil Society.

Clearly not the UKCPS we know and love, as they're only allowed wax crayons. :)
    The acquisition of wealth is no longer the driving force in my life. :)
  • Bobby_Baggio
    Options
    I had a bit of a run in with getting a ticket from UkCPS last year, i followed all the advice on this forum to ignore any letters/threats which i did.

The letters dried up and i sold my house so any correspondance wasnt passed onto me.

Then recently i have applied for a new mortgage with my partner and right out of the blue was refused a mortgage because of a CCJ on my record relating to the unpaid parking fine?!?
  • Coupon-mad
    Options

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure