PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Lots more Sneaky Ways to save the pennies

Comments

• kerleytops
    kerleytops Posts: 346 Forumite
    As the picnic season is almost upon us ( ! ) freeze cartons of drink to use in cool boxes or bags instead of buying blocks. You then have a lovely cold drink to go with the picnic. Could use for packed lunches as well.
  • rubytuesday
    rubytuesday Posts: 22,383
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Small Nutella jars make excellent glassses.
    Here dead we lie because we did not choose
    To live and shame the land from which we sprung.
    Life, to be sure, is nothing much to lose,
    But young men think it is,
    And we were young.
    A E Housman
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,493
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Frugalista wrote: »
    Apparently (according to my chemist) you shouldn't do that as it is not good for your nails. Instead I buy a bottle of clear nail varnish (cheaper is better as they are usually more runny) and tip a little of that into the coloured varnish - give it a good shake and Voila!! It also makes a favourite colour go a lot further. :D

I think that was probably in the day when all nail varnish removers contained acetone. That was very drying to nails. I remember well being sent to the physics lab at school to have (banned) nail polish removed with pure acetone.:rotfl:
  • Mags_cat
    Mags_cat Posts: 1,427 Forumite
    unixgirluk wrote: »
    If getting to the bottom of nail varnish and its gloopy, I add a drop of nail varnish remover, close the lid give it a good shake then use. This makes it go a little further.

I always have loads of body lotion. I found it works great instead of shave gel for my legs. If its a really thick body lotion I water it down slightly so it doesn't clog the razor. Smooth silky legs in one easy step.

Keeping nail varnish in the fridge helps stop it going gloopy. Don't think it'd be up to much on toast, though :rotfl:
  • [QUOTE

I always have loads of body lotion. I found it works great instead of shave gel for my legs. If its a really thick body lotion I water it down slightly so it doesn't clog the razor. Smooth silky legs in one easy step.[/QUOTE]

just tried this ...worked brilliantly...good tip...:)
  • rubytuesday
    Forumite
    Hair conditioner can also be if you have no shaving foam.
    And we were young.
    A E Housman
  • Unity
    Unity Posts: 1,524
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Here's another one I can't take credit for :D.

I have just finished making two fake wasps nests to encourage the little blighters to go elsewhere:j, mostly because I'm allergic to the stings.

I used a couple of balloons, covered them in papier-mache (made from old newspapers plus flour and water paste) and when dry, I gave them a coat of left over coffee coloured emulsion, then a coat of varnish (odds and ends from those tins that got left in the garden shed:o). I'll be hanging one in the apple tree and one in the huge St. John's Wort bush in my garden. It's the first time I've tried this and if it works it will have cost me nothing :T.

This is supposed to work because wasps are very territorial and if they see what looks like another nest they will go elsewhere. Well, here's hoping :rotfl:.
    Some people hear voices, some see invisible people. Others have no imagination whatsoever :D
  • HariboJunkie
    HariboJunkie Posts: 7,740 Forumite
    Small Nutella jars make excellent glassses.

For short sightedness or for reading? :D
  • rubytuesday
    Forumite
    For short sightedness or for reading? :D

Ha ha yes that did cross my mind!
    And we were young.
    A E Housman
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills