A whole new world, for now

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,284 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    Hope you’re full better. Please look after you as if your were one of your service users......

This, just this :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Had to laugh, the service users see me as the hard !!! who enforces the rules. So, Thursday,the supplier did not show and there are issues that require resolution. Friday I did a short day. There are games being played but it is what it is. I met up with my old boss and then went to the sparks food hall. I combined whoopsied with offers and paid for it bar £1.44 with sb vouchers. They have some really good clearances e.g. Irish cream ice cream at 86p a tub, bottles of Christmas liquer for £4. We got a top range pizza, full price at £6 but it had toppings we both like and that was dinner sorted. We also have their Chinese meal but the starters I got will be used as mains.

That said, I should have avoided the toffees. I’m now minus a filling but do have a dentist appointment scheduled for next wed so will hopefully get it sorted then.

I also called into home bargains and spent just under a £5 for milk, deodorant and some other forgettable essential.

Today I am going completely ibs drug free as I think it has completely sorted itself out now. I just realised, stressful as things are, I had more frequent flare ups in my last job. I know that stress is a major factor but there appears to have been some positive progress.

On other news, I’m close to reaching my £20 pa target and we won a lucky dip for tonight’s lottery. I’m going to get my accounts finished today and identify any queries before the dreaded tax return. I’m actually hopeful that I over provided.

Today I am grateful for
    Tea and toast
    People willing to pitch in
    Access to dental services
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Good to hear you are so much better. :)

As to you being the so-and-so who enforces the rules - interesting that other people aren't seen as such :D.
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    That, cherry, is my biggest challenge. Years of an ineffectual manager resulted in people doing as they please and feeling picked on if I hold them to account. I try to ignore the flouting of the lesser rules but when there are inconsistencies in how service users are dealt with, that cannot be ignored. There are equality conditions attached to the funding so I refuse to allow exceptions. That said, I also refuse to allow the application of unwritten rules informed by how things have always been done.

And now, drum roll please, I have finished my accounts and just have one query that my accountant will deal with tomorrow. Based on significant over provision, I am, by my terms, rich!
    I have decided that, provided my calculations are right, I will leave the premium bonds where they are and instead pay from current money. The premium bonds will hopefully just trundle on until this time next year and be used for that tax bill. It’ll add a tiny complication to my record keeping but worth it if there are any wins.

On other news, just had the weekly conversation with mr wii. Thanks to mr ibs, I recorded a loss and at 13 st 4 lbs I am back to being overweight. Hopefully this will inspire me for next week. Though I am currently at a loss as to what I will have for breakfast. This probably sounds incredibly ungrateful but I am fed up with dh’s control freak tendencies in the kitchen. Yes, it means my meals are provided but they are not necessarily meals I would choose to eat. You all know that I am far from a health food freak but he rarely ventures beyond mushrooms and/or onions where cooked veg are concerned. Some days I wish I could just get into the kitchen and cook without him hovering and trying to take over.
    Right, rant over for today and that’s me motoring down the house and work route though a line will be drawn on both before call the midwife starts. I do love that as my Sunday night viewing.

Today I am grateful for
    A massive, for me, influx of disposable cash
    A plan to tackle a few tolerations using a money off voucher
    Being overweight
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That all sounds really positive, and great news about the tax, that must be a huge relief!

I hope you can come to some agreement with Mr INOD about the cooking.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • beanielou
    Options
    Yah for disposible cash :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• in_need_of_direction
    in_need_of_direction Posts: 7,282 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 January 2020 at 9:42AM
    Options
    I’m completely unsure what, if anything, was achieved yesterday. I had catch up calls with two of my siblings. The overseas one has just booked a trip home for my mother’s 90th birthday later this year. Not sure if this is a good or a bad thing. Will need to ponder.

I didn’t venture out yesterday but managed to spend money on a garden table to replace the one that fell apart last year right when our kitchen was out of action. It was reduced to £80 from £130, is collapsible so can go into the garage which should prolong its life and has 4.5 out of 5 across 17 reviews plus there was 6% cash back. I’m increasingly unsure about staying in this house but it’ll be useful to put the size of the massive patio in context if for nothing else.

I wish I had won the lottery but I haven’t so need to get a move on.

Today I am grateful for
    This site giving me a safe place to vent
    A bargainous table
    A few more items disposed of
  • beanielou
    Options
    Always good to have somewhere to vent & to get rid of some stuff :)
    I have got rid of some old socks today :rotfl:

• Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 10,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    A couple of productive days, well done!

As to only mushrooms and onions... :eek: I thought the 'basic' vegetable was carrots, shows how much I know. :rotfl:
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I have suggested that noodles etc could benefit from ribbons of carrot but to no effect. Apart from the nutritional value, I think they brighten up the plate. I ended up at the client until late yesterday so dinner was a garlic flat bread with ham.
    There was yet another crisis that the trustees are all being notified of and to which they are failing to respond. I have to say though that the staff who were on were pretty amazing sorting out an issue that was absolutely not of their making. It was also lovely that when I advised their colleague of the action that had been taken, he asked for his thanks to be passed on. This is an incredibly divided staff so this was a big plus.

On other news, had a quick call from dd where she was reporting positive feedback on an important work matter that she had undertaken for the first time.

Everyday this week is going to be busy with a lot of diary entries already in place. If I’m home early enough and motivated enough, I will assign clothes to days which I find makes for a much easier week.

Today I am grateful for
    A good conclusion due to teamwork
    DD’s feedback
    Getting a task completed
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback