NST January 2020: A Turtle Quest

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,861 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Today will be NSD 13, I have been out, come back, not spent, not going out again either.

And I'm feeling good!
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • well done lcc on achieving the NSD target already!
    I have spent today as I booked one night's accommodation for DD1 and I for when we visit DD2 at uni this weekend. I booked through £co so some money is coming back my way..... I also need to buy some paneer cheese for a recipe I want to make - I have all the other ingredients including fresh coriander so I feel I need a trip to waitro$e as I think they stock it there. It is also raining heavily so I will have to drive. DD1 and I were going to go for a walk but that looks unlikely.
    Keep warm and dry everyone
    Deni
    x
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021
    2023 Mortgage Free Wannabee #92023 Mortgage free in March 23 !
    Decluttering Campaign member 2023🏅🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2024 🏅🏅
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Was going to go out walking today and then call into the little town nearby but we scrapped the walk as it is raining, DH and I don't mind but the kids moan enough when it is dry. Went to the little town instead, spent £4 in the charity shops on fabric remnants, jeans for DH and a nifty little Berghaus belt pouch which comes with its own waterproof cover - very cute. Also got red lentils, sunflower seeds, crushed chillis, rice and pasta at the zero waste shop.

Called into The Range on the way home, only the second time I've ever been in one, got two bottles of Stardrops, some button batteries and a silicon spatula - these were the things we went in for.

Am making vegan cottage pies for tea and some for the freezer.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Evening all,

Just popping in to claim NSD 12 / 16. Not sure if I will get to the target, but it definitely concentrates the mind!
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Today I am grateful for a good night's sleep, for being able to have a lazy day, for dh going shopping (still on my 'banned activities' list), for dd taking some great photos for her Eng hwk, for old mags to leaf through and discard.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Evening!

I was chuckling at the fox story. When I was younger we used to stay at my grandparents up in the mountains in Wales... totally deserted at the top. There was a walk from their house to the little chalet we stayed in and we had to do it in the pitch dark. I'd watched American Werewolf in London before this holiday and when I heard that scream/howl I was convinced it was a werewolf haha!!! Had many a sleepless night there lol.

Been off my game as was chucking up from midnight to 6am this morning on and off. Must have been something I ate. Feeling a little delicate but kept food down.

Also done my February budgets as is pay day tomorrow. I started well this month and then it all went west again! Not hugely though. I'm keeping a journal and tracking expenses, and this month am going to ban ALL credit card use. It's a false economy using it to get points if I don't clear off the amount I have used as I go. I haven't yet developed the discipline haha!!! So no CC spends this month. Just drawing out cash.

Today = NSD :starmod: 16 :T

Today I am grateful for:

1) Living on my own so I can recuperate in peace
    2) Also Star Trek: Picard!!! WOW
    3) Time spend with my folks yesterday

Night all - see you tomorrow x
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Any volunteers to run feb??
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Just accidentally deleted my post. Tough day. lots of trips back and forth across the kitchen (washing, DW, rubbish, recycling). Went out to get money from the cash machine and then went mad in the £ emporium and spent £11 (some on the list to look for, some always needed, some frivolous). Tired myself out.

Have since cleaned the freezer and all the individual drawers, then did the fridge. Had a shower and am under my duvet and no-one is getting me out of here (not even if another chunk of the kitchen ceiling falls down).

As usual, not done anywhere near as much as I wanted to but have done the essentials and I made a start and carried on (with lots of sitting down) hwen tired and dizzy.

Today I am grateful for finding a few things I was looking for, for DS3 finding the spare light bulb for my room and putting it in (only asked him to take the old one out so that I knew what I needed to buy) and for £ emporium finally getting some garden stuff in (including £1 fruit bushes).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Evening
    Just logging in to record gratitudes for today:
    Hot chocolate and biscuits at DD1's bestie's house
    Fab new recipe book given to me by DD1 and her bestie
    Supportive text from friend

Nite everyone
    Deni
    x
    LBM - October 2018; finally debt free on 16 March 2021
    2023 Mortgage Free Wannabee #92023 Mortgage free in March 23 !
    Decluttering Campaign member 2023🏅🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    Decluttering Campaign Member 2024 🏅🏅
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    abundant - hope you are feeling better today.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family