Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cornucopia
    • By Cornucopia 4th Feb 19, 11:57 AM
    • 14,040Posts
    • 17,635Thanks
    Cornucopia
    0 WOW
    Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***)
    • 4th Feb 19, 11:57 AM
    0 WOW
    Good and Bad Buying at Lidl and Aldi (***Please don't expire***) 4th Feb 19 at 11:57 AM
    Hi All,

This is the new Lidl and Aldi buying thread. Please report any good/bad deals, good/bad offers and good/bad products.

I've broadened the scope slightly, so that discussion of customer service issues and experiences won't be off-topic. But please remember that the thread works best when it's the sum of our knowledge about Lidl and Aldi, and not other supermarkets.

Thanks.

The old thread is here: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5394929
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 10-02-2019 at 9:36 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on the The Money Savers Arms, Phones & TV, Techie Stuff, In My Home,
    and Food Shopping boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there.

Any views (especially those on the UK TV Licence) are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
Page 21
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 25th Jan 20, 6:08 PM
    • 32,442 Posts
    • 67,442 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    Free with my usual shop this morning was a jute shopping bag, a 6 pack of Deluxe Scottish crisps, a packet of Deluxe shortbread fingers and a 2l bottle of juice

Something to do with the opening of the 100th store in Scotland they are giving away this goodie bag on a first come-first served basis only.

Sometimes it pays to shop early in the morning

eta Lidl
    Originally posted by duncanthedog
    We don't get 6x25g packs of Deluxe crisps in England . I end up buying the equivalent at Aldi in cheese and onion, which are lovely but I still prefer Lidl's S&V.

One a happier note, Aldi's oat cookies with fruit (the ones containing apricot pieces) are excellent but rather addictive!
    Originally posted by A. Badger
    Is this a new variation of the Oatie, or a different biscuit?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
    • A. Badger
    • By A. Badger 25th Jan 20, 7:20 PM
    • 5,396 Posts
    • 6,830 Thanks
    A. Badger
    We don't get 6x25g packs of Deluxe crisps in England . I end up buying the equivalent at Aldi in cheese and onion, which are lovely but I still prefer Lidl's S&V.

Is this a new variation of the Oatie, or a different biscuit?
    Originally posted by VfM4meplse
    New, I think (the packaging has left the premises) in their 'Specially Selected' range and rather good - you can actually taste the apricot.
    • od244051
    • By od244051 26th Jan 20, 10:13 PM
    • 152 Posts
    • 216 Thanks
    od244051
    I think that Aldi’s The Foodie Market peanut butter (the one made with 100% peanuts) is made by Meridian Foods who sell peanut butter under their own name. As the date, batch code etc on the lid are in the same layout and font. Got a jar of both.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

589Posts Today

6,551Users online

Martin's Twitter