Landline porting, VOIP, totally confused, advice sought, please.

Options
Just seeking advice as am wondering if someone could advise if there is a way to reduce or avoid the £17.99 a month we pay for our landline?
We're with VM and have a landline, tv (tivo box) and fibre broadband with a . We only use the landline perhaps 6 times a month but my other half is, understandably, reluctant to give this up because of the need for thecold folks and her disabled brother to make instant contact.
I am not a techie in any way so if anyone has advice could you please kindly use confused-friendly terms....many thanks.

Comments

• Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Options
    dugidee wrote: »
    Just seeking advice as am wondering if someone could advise if there is a way to reduce or avoid the £17.99 a month we pay for our landline?
    We're with VM and have a landline, tv (tivo box) and fibre broadband with a . We only use the landline perhaps 6 times a month but my other half is, understandably, reluctant to give this up because of the need for thecold folks and her disabled brother to make instant contact.
    I am not a techie in any way so if anyone has advice could you please kindly use confused-friendly terms....many thanks.

Before going to too much detail. Would removing the VM phone line actually reduce your monthly cost? Last time I looked there was little or no difference and sometimes it was actually cheaper to have the phone line even if not used.

As for VoIP do you want:
    Smart phone app?
    Landline type phone via an adapter?
    Both?
    Budget?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts