You never reported back......
  • char2802
    char2802 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    You never reported back......

I did not, and I can only apologise!

Okay - yes, course is a rip off, and not useful if you have never practiced with extensions before.

My situ - I work in an established salon and I'm expanding my skill set gradually. I was given a dolly head with lashes to practice on and did so for 2 weeks before the course. So, on the course I knew how to apply as I had already been taught, and tbh - I gave out more advice to other participants than the trainers did. At the end I was allowed to stick 3 lashes onto another girl's eyelashes. They were applied awfully (I was nervous, first real person I had ever stuck lashes to), and then I was given a certificate.

The course for me did what it needed to, I got a certificate for a skill I had already picked up and needed to me insured for. I did 3-4 models in the salon and then I was charging full price.

Any same day lash course will be the same. Unfortunately you need real live humans and real hair lashes to practice on once you have been taught initially, then be assessed. Many things are only learnt once you have attempted several different lash curls, akward clients, noses/ brows that get in the way and so on.

The class was waaaaaaay too big, not enough help or supervision.

So - if you have someone who can teach you (but can't assess you for insurance) go for this course as a rubber stamp exercise.

If you need actual tuition and are based in the south east, then I highly recommend using The Beauty Barn instead - their courses are accredited mostly by Guild and having been on a couple now they are much more informative, provide real life models and the classes are very small (4-5 in my experience)

Sorry for not updating sooner. I've had a heck of a lot happening.
  • char2802
    char2802 Posts: 59 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    And a side note - there was no offer of a goody bag for positive reviews.

second side note - they do give you a kit but I have used about 0.02% of the items inside. It's rubbish.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 January 2020 at 6:04PM
    Options
    char2802 wrote: »
    I did not, and I can only apologise!

Okay - yes, course is a rip off, and not useful if you have never practiced with extensions before.

My situ - I work in an established salon and I'm expanding my skill set gradually. I was given a dolly head with lashes to practice on and did so for 2 weeks before the course. So, on the course I knew how to apply as I had already been taught, and tbh - I gave out more advice to other participants than the trainers did. At the end I was allowed to stick 3 lashes onto another girl's eyelashes. They were applied awfully (I was nervous, first real person I had ever stuck lashes to), and then I was given a certificate.

The course for me did what it needed to, I got a certificate for a skill I had already picked up and needed to me insured for. I did 3-4 models in the salon and then I was charging full price.

Any same day lash course will be the same. Unfortunately you need real live humans and real hair lashes to practice on once you have been taught initially, then be assessed. Many things are only learnt once you have attempted several different lash curls, akward clients, noses/ brows that get in the way and so on.

The class was waaaaaaay too big, not enough help or supervision.

So - if you have someone who can teach you (but can't assess you for insurance) go for this course as a rubber stamp exercise.

If you need actual tuition and are based in the south east, then I highly recommend using The Beauty Barn instead - their courses are accredited mostly by Guild and having been on a couple now they are much more informative, provide real life models and the classes are very small (4-5 in my experience)

Sorry for not updating sooner. I've had a heck of a lot happening.

Thanks for the update, but you shouldn't recommend them even just for the certificate as many other have been ripped off before they got anywhere near the course.

I see on trustpilot they have already reported about seven of their bad reviews . Here are a couple that are still showing, before they remove those too.

"Booked my full nail tech course back in for the end of September and they keep cancelling the dates since then. Its January and they moved me to February again. Easy to take £380 of someone's hard earned money but the service is awful, they lie over the phone, even I've booked myself for January, I received a message that I haven't been booked. Venues and dates changing all the time. They policy says you need to complete the course with 12 months but this includes free practical 3 sessions. Absolutely disgraceful and I recommend to avoid it, the further from you the better. AVOID!!!!

If you book with this company beware. Your invoice will show that they only charge for the online content and the practical days are free. They then encourage you to access the online content as there are things you need to do prior to your practical days. Once you access the online portal that’s it, they will claim you have had what you paid for and if they decide to cancel and rearrange the practical days you are not entitled to a refund. Sharp practice in my opinion. You have 12 days to cancel if you book online. So my advice is to book no more than 12 days in advance and do not access the portal until your practical days are confirmed and pay by credit card to get the extra protection. We booked two courses and the Practical days for both were cancelled.
    and rearranged. Fortunately I was already aware, having read the TrustPilot reviews, of the situation, so we sent in a cancellation form within 12 days, did not access the portal and after several weeks did get a full refund. If an online course is all you are looking for the risks are not as great."
  • Jodalene_c
    Options
    Wow I so wish I read the reviews for this place! I paid for a course on 8th sept on Thursday 3rd sept. On Friday 4th I had no confirmation so I called to be told the course was cancelled. They were still selling the course on their website. Been told they won’t issue a refund. So basically I’ve paid hundreds to book a course but not actually go on it! I’ve raised a dispute with my credit card company so fingers crossed I get my money back. This company is a scam!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback