Awaiting Natwest PPI payment.

2»

Comments

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    My Natwest payment was made within 3 weeks of signed acceptance letter being returned to them, by BACS into my current account.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • I live abroad and heard about the PPI deadline and claimed using the Resolver service on 27/08/19

Called the Nat West PPI line on 19th December - as not a peep had been heard and they claimed to to have a record of me !

I complained to the Ombudsman re my complaint and another relative - who got a sorry letter and a 'refusal' on the same day ..dated 3 days apart

My case has MANY instances of mis-selling - being self-employed - loans, credit cards - remember Access ? and Visa and today 22/1/20 got a letter saying not '
    enough info' - even though I quoted my account number and sort code for the main account

I had a PPI claim from Lloyds and it was initiated the same day and mostly sorted two out of three claims in less than eight weeks

I have a feeling RBS are totally disorganised

I nearly choked when they refer to a 'recent complaint' when it was made 4.5 months before.

To those that complained earlier .. I salute you
  • SonOf
    SonOf Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    My case has MANY instances of mis-selling - being self-employed - loans, credit cards - remember Access ? and Visa and today 22/1/20 got a letter saying not '
    enough info' - even though I quoted my account number and sort code for the main account

Your main account is irrelevant and if we are going back to the days of Access, then records would be limited.

Self employed may not be an issue if the policy was one of those that covered self employed
    other loans and credit cards have nothing to do with misselling on an individual case.
    However, none of that matters if they have no record of you.

How far back did you close the card account?
    The records are retained longer for open accounts but once closed, data gets destroyed at various points until it is all gone.
  • I sent my agreement back in November and I'm still waiting! I have phoned them and they tell me that they are facing a huge backlog and things are taking much longer than usual.
    If you phone them they can at least tell you whether they have got around to "processing" your payment yet.
  • I used Resolver in August for Natwest when it was mentioned to me at work. Filled the forms in sent it off.
    RBS texted me that the results being sent to me and the letters arrived a few days later. They told me there was 10 cases found, the total and details of offer. These I got in Mid to late November. These offers i returned about 3 days after receiving them the total was for over £3000 when all added up.

Since then nothing, no notification they have even received them. I sent s recorded letter Mid Jan just asking if they had received them or just to let me know if there was a delay due to quantity of enquiries.

Would be nice just to hear something, even if it's just saying it's going to take longer.
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    I used Resolver in August for Natwest when it was mentioned to me at work. Filled the forms in sent it off.
    RBS texted me that the results being sent to me and the letters arrived a few days later. They told me there was 10 cases found, the total and details of offer. These I got in Mid to late November. These offers i returned about 3 days after receiving them the total was for over £3000 when all added up.

Since then nothing, no notification they have even received them. I sent s recorded letter Mid Jan just asking if they had received them or just to let me know if there was a delay due to quantity of enquiries.

Would be nice just to hear something, even if it's just saying it's going to take longer.

It IS going to take longer!
  • I claimed 2 RBS PPI refunds before the Aug 2019 deadline. I got 2 RBS PPI letters offering ~£3500 refund in Oct 2019. I sent replies accepting the terms, and since then I have received nothing. I have phoned RBS twice and been told they have a high volume of claims they are dealing with, so they cannot give an estimate of when they will pay out.

I find it strange that it took less than 2 months to calculate how much I was owed, but it is taking RBS much longer to pay out. At this rate, I could be waiting for years!

They claim I will receive 8% interest on the payout, but if they never pay out, it doesn't matter what the interest rate is, 0% or 1000000%, I will have still received nothing from them.

I cannot understand why they cannot give an estimate of when they will pay out. At this rate, I expect I will be on the phone complaining again to them in another month's time, and still getting nowhere.

For the record, I have made an official complaint, and the resulting letter received back from them told me nothing new. I still have to wait.

When I called the second time, I was cut-off under the pretext of a "fire-alarm".

Very disappointed! :-(
  • foxy-stoat
    foxy-stoat Posts: 6,879 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    What is this, PPI reclaim thread issues for new posters?
  • Well an update.
    Got the refund paid into my account yesterday, no notification about it it just appeared so it looks like about 10weeks from signing offer and getting paid. Account looks much happier now and so is it's owner.
  • lucinad
    lucinad Posts: 5,274 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    I used Resolver in August for Natwest when it was mentioned to me at work. Filled the forms in sent it off.

Ring them, their will be a number on the letter you received, they answered very quickly when I rang and although couldn’t tell me when my payment would be received, they did confirm the date they received my acceptance letter,  he was a really nice person that I spoke to
    Compers challenge 2024 wins!!!!....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport