Travel agency not passing my refund on

Hi everyone,

Just after some advice really.

I booked BA flights for my son and I to Nice through a company called Travelup - I didn't need hotels, so it was flight only. E-tickets arrived OK and then in Aug, BA cancelled my 9th Sept flights. Travelup said I should book other flights and once the cancelled flight day had passed they would process a refund. They sent an email on 21 Sept saying they had processed it... and weeks went by... and more weeks went by... I rang (7 times) emailed (8 times) etc, but was (I think deliberately) cut off, emails and voicemails ignored, or when someone actually spoke to me when I rang in Dec they told the refund had not been processes by BA (they hadn't even asked my name before telling me!). Blatant lies. I checked with BA and they refunded £138 to the company in Oct. It's now end of January.

So - how do I proceed? They've obviously decided it's not worth my while going after them for that amount of money, but it's better off in my pocket than theirs - given I had to pay EasyJet £440 for 2 single tickets from Nice-Ldn to get home after BA went on strike, I could do with the refund!!!

Any advice?

Comments

• Voyager2002
    Voyager2002 Posts: 15,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    For the sake of anyone else in this position (and sorry to say "I told you so", I know this is not very helpful), rather than agreeing to a refund and buying new tickets you should have insisted that BA get you home, if necessary by BA buying you tickets on Easyjet.

Anyway: one possible approach would be to contact BA; to say that you have not received a refund and in any case do not agree to accept one; and ask them to accept responsibility for your journey home.

A simple approach is to contact the card company that you used to pay Travelup and request a "chargeback".
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Don't know if you've left it too long but file a dispute with your cardprovider. And next time, book flight tickets direct from the airline.
  • Thanks - I paid with a debit card, so I don't think I've got any rights.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    With debitcards you can request a chargeback. Talk to your bank.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure