1970s themed party ideas

Would be really grateful for money saving ideas for a 1970s themed party for my husband’s 50th birthday. Thinking of a 70s party buffet, so would be particularly grateful for any suggestions for that.
Cheese and pineapple hedgehogs...😂

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    the 70s huh - let me think - oh yes I remember - substantial manufacturing industry, functioning NHS, working society, same old establishment, but somehow less toxic, meaningful vote on the EU

more helpfully - spam fitters, black forest gateaux, prawn cocktail, cheese and pickled onions on sticks, angel delight, marmite cheese straws, party 7 - + flares and big hair
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • suejb2
    suejb2 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 19 January 2020 at 1:44PM
    Smash, quiche, vol au vents , scampi, avocado (with prawns), fondue, profiteroles. Celebrating with the lights out as I vividly remember the power cuts.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
  • mark55man
    mark55man Posts: 7,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Why, I'll have a babycham
    I think I saw you in an ice cream parlour
    Drinking milk shakes, cold and long
    Smiling and waving and looking so fine
  • Personally, I love the superhero-themed party because it does not have an age limitation. Kids, teenage or adult everyone love to apply
  • Twigletts, cheesy footballs, iced gems, party rings,  You need to find (charity shop?) a sectioned party platter. vol-o-vents, sausage rolls, bridge rolls. 
  • Primula cheese on Ritz crackers. Cinzano and lemonade, crispy pancakes and smash. 
  • how about some fondue, that was very popular in the 70's and seems to be all the rage again now, don't forget a nice big bowl of potent punch decorated with sliced/chopped fruit 
  • Get hold of a copy of Marguerite Patten’s Cookery In Colour for a many ideas.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure