laminate flooring/ recommendations

looking at laminate flooring , market is vast,

any recommendations for kitchen, living room , hall appreciated.

thanks
Nice to save.

Comments

• Lisbon
    Lisbon Posts: 415 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    We've got this in the living room and hall and after nearly fours years of constant use, it still looks immaculate: https://www.homebase.co.uk/sherwood-oak-laminate-flooring_p309616
  • ceredigion
    ceredigion Posts: 3,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    LVT all day long. As a contractor I like QuickStep.
  • Any reason why you're looking just at laminate and not considering Vinyl?

There are so many products out there but We used Karndean recently for our home and we love it. We bought it from Teka services. they were able to give us a very good price on the product and offered Flooring installation service too which a lot of the suppliers online don't, especially with an installation guarantee.

If you are still thinking about laminate, we were looking at quick step.

hope this helps
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,895 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I wouldn't have laminate in the kitchen as laminate is not designed to get wet so isnt easily cleaned in the kitchen where spills etc happen.

I have quickstep in the other rooms but karndean in my bathroom and kitchen so they can be mopped.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • parcival
    parcival Posts: 949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    We have Pergo slate effect laminate in our kitchen and hall. Been down for 2 years and looks like new. No problem with spills if cleaned up straight away....
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,895 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    parcival wrote: »
    We have Pergo slate effect laminate in our kitchen and hall. Been down for 2 years and looks like new. No problem with spills if cleaned up straight away....

Pergo do water resistant laminate which is probably a lot better than cheaper non claiming water resistant makes out there.

2 years is not a lot to go by though to be honest, I have had friends who for some odd reason wanted laminate in their kitchens and one has all blown under the heat of the oven and the other has blown on joints from steam and water so both had to be replaced with Karndean.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,018 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Another vote for Karndean in wet areas. However, we went for a good quality engineered oak for the hall/lounge/dining room. So much nicer than 'plastic'.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure