Glasses Direct - two pairs of prescription glasses for £14 problem

Options
I needed some replacement glasses for VDU use, so thought I'd give this deal a go. I'd never used Glasses Direct before, but for only £14 it was worth a punt.

Registered with Glasses Direct and input my prescription carefully, checking (3 times) that it was correct! Put my order in and made sure I ticked the checkbox saying 'For Computer Use'. So far so good.

I got a couple of emails confirming that if there were any questions from their experienced staff they would ring me. Then further emails saying my glasses were being prepared in the laboratory. Super stuff.

My glasses arrived today, promptly delivered to be fair, but I checked the delivery note to see that my prescription was recorded as '0.0' for everything... I've tried both pairs on and, yes indeed, they are both plain uncorrected lenses with no prescription. Oh..

I've gone back online to see that yes, my prescription is recorded correctly and yes, I did click the 'For Computer Use' check box. Now, they are nice glasses and all, but I really don't need uncorrected 'fashion' glasses. If you were running an opticians lab and received an order for uncorrected glasses, would you not think to check that this was correct?

I guess much of the work is done by computer controlled machines, but even so, I don't think much of their quality control. I'm not sure I'm confident enough in their service now, so the glasses will probably go back for a refund.

I couldn't find much other feedback on Glasses Direct on the forum here, so hopefully this is an isolated error and others have got what they ordered.

Comments

• Jono111
    Jono111 Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have used them twice and both times very good.
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    I've had about 6 pairs from GD and no problems. Something's gone wrong somewhere though, but I'd be surprised if they can't correct it.

And they probably do get quite a few orders for plain lenses for fashion purposes.

But did you assign your uploaded prescription to that pair of glasses in the order? You can order multiple pairs with different prescriptions, even in the multi-buy offers.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • mamaduke
    mamaduke Posts: 281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I ordered from this promo too & received mine within 5 days, very impressed.
    They did ring me as it was an unusual prescription.
    I have ordered from 8 previous offers over the years & only once has a problem when I ordered a pair that were the wrong fit, GD were very helpful & I returned them for a new pair without issue.
    Overall I wouldn't hesitate to recommend & suggest you contact them, im sure they would be happy to exchange them for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure