uPVC Windows Quote

Jack4424
Jack4424 Posts: 8 Forumite
edited 19 January 2020 at 9:44PM in Is this quote fair?
Can anyone please comment on whether £5000 is a reasonable quote for:

supply and fit 8 Upvc windows , (3 large 3 pane approx 1700x1000, 3 medium 2 pane (1150 x 1100), 2 small single pane (500 x 900).

I'm located near Gloucester

Thanks

Comments

• Francesanne
    Francesanne Posts: 2,081 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Think you'd be wise to get several quotes. I'd get quotes from reputable local companies instead of the large national companies.
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,599 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Depends. Does the quote include a contingency for lintels if they are required - An important point to check with older houses, as many of them used the wooden (and steel) frames to support the outer leaf of brickwork.

£5K for eight windows is not excessive depending on colour & number of openings. But much is subject to what is involved during the fitting. Always worth getting other quotes from local independent installers.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • Price is reasonably competitive, but check what warranty is offered - the last guy who was much cheaper to quote for our windows was offering a reduced warranty in comparison to the industry standard which I believe is 10 years 
  • for the Manchester area i would be asking around £4200 for them in white upvc 2 side openers to wider windows and 1 each in all others 10 year insurance guarantee and fensa certificated this would not include lintels
    if you think peoples advice is helpfull please take the time to clicking the thank you button it gives great satisfaction
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback