Anyone noticed the decline in Asdas CYO pizza base quality?

For the past few month now I've noticed them getting smaller and thinner, with the crust being lighter and more crumbly, I've tried 3 different Asdas and had the same issue so obviously it's a company choice to probably change to a cheaper supplier, they've also put the price up by 30p, typical 'thinking' of big bosess in a company, charge people more for a inferior product, no wonder they are all losing out to Aldi

Comments

• sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,890 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    For the past few month now I've noticed them getting smaller and thinner, with the crust being lighter and more crumbly, I've tried 3 different Asdas and had the same issue so obviously it's a company choice to probably change to a cheaper supplier, they've also put the price up by 30p, typical 'thinking' of big bosess in a company, charge people more for a inferior product, no wonder they are all losing out to Aldi

I can’t remember the last time I bought a ready made pizza, I make my own and stonebake them.

If Asda has gone thinner, maybe that’s to make a more authentic tasting pizza?
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I used to like 4sda ones. Not had one for well over a year though and only that one in the last three years.

Increasingly pizza bases are becoming nasty and unsatisfying.... more stonebaked for example, more thin for example. Nasty .... I like to know I've bitten into a base and be able to enjoy it for its doughy soft and satisfying feeling and texture.
  • This is exactly my issue with them, last year the deep pan was extremely thick and doughy, great value for money, now the thickness of the crust is inconsistent on the base, one side will be quite thick the other side no thicker than a thin and crispy, shows who ever the supplier is obviously has no idea how to bake a base properly or just dosnt care, I'd love to make my own but I'm extremely lazy ahaha and a terrible baker, I make the impossible task of making a edible pizza quite easy.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I'm extremely lazy ahaha and a terrible baker, I make the impossible task of making a edible pizza quite easy.
    If you want soft and doughy make a scone base. It was one of the first things we did in Home Economics (stupid name) back in the day.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • gt568
    gt568 Posts: 2,494 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    VfM4meplse wrote: »
    If you want soft and doughy make a scone base. It was one of the first things we did in Home Economics (stupid name) back in the day.

You mean like what you make a fruit or cheese scone out of? That sounds quite good actually!
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
  • ToastLady
    ToastLady Posts: 323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    VfM4meplse wrote: »

I remember that too. Used to do pizzas that way at Mum & Dad's as a teenager, until I learned the proper way.
  • ToastLady
    ToastLady Posts: 323 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    gt568 wrote: »
    You mean like what you make a fruit or cheese scone out of? That sounds quite good actually!

Yes, just a plain scone dough. If you google scone base pizza, there are loads of recipes.
  • gt568
    gt568 Posts: 2,494 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    ToastLady wrote: »
    Yes, just a plain scone dough. If you google scone base pizza, there are loads of recipes.

Thanks for the reply.
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family