Reduced bargains and yellow stickers shopping

Comments

• LadyCoupon
    LadyCoupon Posts: 718 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary
    When Lidl opens in the morning, that's when they have the best reduced items, they have a little round sticker on, blue or green sticker, can't remember the colour. I've had whole fresh chickens for 90p each, packs of pork chops 70p, chicken breasts and mince, 70p or 90p a pack, they just go in the freezer if not using that same day.
  • coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,669 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    A good haul of YS convenience meals and various other stuffs at M&S over the holiday period. Seems to be the case around every bank holiday period here.
  • dlusman
    dlusman Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    LadyCoupon wrote: »
    When Lidl opens in the morning, that's when they have the best reduced items, they have a little round sticker on, blue or green sticker, can't remember the colour. I've had whole fresh chickens for 90p each, packs of pork chops 70p, chicken breasts and mince, 70p or 90p a pack, they just go in the freezer if not using that same day.

As with all YS and reductions it very much depends on where you live , as different stores operate differently. For example in Lidl near me , they usually do the 20p/ 70p/90p stickers within the first couple of hours of opening , so not available at opening time .
  • od244051
    od244051 Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    A good haul of YS convenience meals and various other stuffs at M&S over the holiday period. Seems to be the case around every bank holiday period here.

Same everywhere as people are still eating their Christmas food or going to family to do the same. Bought loads of mince, stewing steak and other meats.
  • A._Badger
    A._Badger Posts: 5,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    It must be very regional. In my area Aldi, Morrisons, Tesco and a large indie supermarket were almost completely bargain free post Christmas. I was most surprised by Aldi as last it was a happy hunting ground for post-festive scalpers. Oh, well...
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I done well in M&S on Christmas Eve , not so well post Christmas and got nowt from Tesco or Sainsburys at all this year

Our lidl have just introduced the really big reduction tickets and I got a lot of fish for the freezer for 20p a pop - very happy with that

But tbh with the way Christmas fell this year and me back to on the Friday /Sat and Sunday I didn't have much inclination to go hunting
  • kiwi07
    kiwi07 Posts: 1,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Apparently Aldi has a "secret bargain hour" when the sale date approaching food gets reduced to 50% off. Does anyone know when this hour is? Just want to work out when is the best time to hit the shop to get the bargains. Thanks in advance.
  • kiwi07 said:
    Apparently Aldi has a "secret bargain hour" when the sale date approaching food gets reduced to 50% off. Does anyone know when this hour is? Just want to work out when is the best time to hit the shop to get the bargains. Thanks in advance.
    I've noticed some bakery goodies with red and white half-price stripes after 8pm in the evening. Its usually if I'm heading home late and need some chocolate milk.

There's never a huge amount though, I put this down to good stock control or I may just be late to the party.
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • kiwi07
    kiwi07 Posts: 1,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    kiwi07 said:
    I've noticed some bakery goodies with red and white half-price stripes after 8pm in the evening. Its usually if I'm heading home late and need some chocolate milk.

There's never a huge amount though, I put this down to good stock control or I may just be late to the party.
    According to the articles on internet, aldi's secret bargain hour is in the first hour of store opening? Hopefully someone here can confirm that?
  • MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 20 August 2020 at 7:20PM
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills