Sainsbury’s incorrect prices

13»

Comments

• Bacman
    Bacman Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Indeed, however bottom line is you're being charged more than you agreed to pay for the items. Always checking EVERY item's price is ok when it is being scanned.
  • od244051
    od244051 Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Errors happen. They are human after all, not some super robot. The staff don't do it on purpose to try and get extra money in the till.

My friend works for Sainsburys and when they change the tickets, they have about 4.5k-5.5k to change. This isn't at Sainsburys' largest store. She had helped out in one of Sainsburys largest 6 stores and they can have 10k tickets to change when the promos change, new lines come in, price changes and product size changes
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    twin pack of digestives in a crate, (obviously on offer) meant to be £1.50
    charged £2
  • od244051 wrote: »
    My friend works for Sainsburys and when they change the tickets, they have about 4.5k-5.5k to change. This isn't at Sainsburys' largest store. She had helped out in one of Sainsburys largest 6 stores and they can have 10k tickets to change when the promos change, new lines come in, price changes and product size changes

Yep I used to work for one of the 'big 4' and know how it's done even though it wasn't my department. :)

You would get a few thousand prices changes come down in one go on the system and there would always be one or two discrepancies outside of your control until HO update the system again.

Yet you get folk like on here that accuse the staff of trying to rob you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure