Handmade cards

Hi all I'm new here so not sure if this is the right place to ask this question :p

I have started making handmade cards to kill some hours in my day due to spine problems, so was wondering if any one knew how much to sell handmade cards for [

Thank you Sam /B]

Comments

• This depends on so many things like where you are selling them, do you have to cover postage costs as well as materials cost etc etc.

I would browse ebay and find things similar to what you are making to give you ideas of what others charge.

Sadly a lot of people don't want to pay the extra for handmade cards...they don't take into account the cost of materials and time.

I make my own for family and friends but it's not something I see a profit in. I just do it because I want to.
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • Marcon
    Marcon Posts: 10,612 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Sadly the answer is likely to be 'much less than you hoped for/they are worth'. When you look at the ridiculous prices charged for mass produced commercial cards, it is crazy that people are only willing to pay a fraction of that for beautiful, unique, handcrafted items.

List a few on ebay and see if they sell.

Good luck!
    Googling on your question might have been both quicker and easier, if you're only after simple facts rather than opinions!  
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure