MSE Poll: How do you access your bank most often?

2»

Comments

• KenSim
    KenSim Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Results will be slightly skewed as people who don't do online banking or use apps are the same people who are least likely to be doing online surveys.
  • XRAT wrote: »
    No surprises so far, young people are tech savvy and spend too much time at work to go to a branch. Older people retire to the country and have to be tech savvy because the branch is so far away.., and getting further!

You can be any age and work a lot. Nothing to do with being young.
  • 2989 wrote: »
    My local town in Worcestershire has an elderly population. We used to have 5 banks, we are now down to 1 and 1/2 - If you can call it that. . Of the 5 banks we did have we now have our TSB is only open 2 days a week and our Lloyds has one window open so long waits - Yet they have a person out front trying to get you to use the hole in the wall. when are the Banks going to realise that Not everyone wants to or can use the New Technology.

A few years ago, the que was so long I ened up using the Hole in the wall to deposit tmy money. as my car park was running out.I am signed up for online banking and I kept cheking my account and I was not credited for the cash £300.... I had to keep calling the bank, checking the account etc.. After over a MONTH the bank pulled out the Hole in the wall and it had wegdged it's self inbetween the machine and the wall. I spent WEEEEEEEKs tryong to sort it all out. I lost interest on my money. NEVER AGAIN. :mad:
    I prefer the Face to face customer service.
    They are building loads of houses in the area, yet the infastructure is not there. They want us to drive 10 miles down the road, pay for parking just to do banking. that's 20 miles round trip in petrol (For those of us who drive - have you tried bus service in rural Worcestershire ???)
    BANKS ARE YOU LISTENING ??????? Do you even care??

Same. My local Barclays had two ATMs and 4 counters. They refurbished and made it 6 ATMs and two counters, usually with one person. Always a queue for the counter, yet they have someone out front with an iPad asking if you're okay and what you're doing. Madness. People moaned before about their service and now it's even worse.

Same at Nationwide, they ask why you are in the queue. If I wanted to do or could do what I need to do on the ATM, I will, so leave me alone! These people are doing themselves out of a job, but I guess they are only doing what they are told.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure