My Excel mortgage spreadsheet

Comments

• Great spreadsheet, many thanks. I can use it on OpenOffice 1.3 with no apparent problems so far. I had to remove the protection on the monthly sheet to be able to change figures but that is all.
  • uzubairu
    uzubairu Posts: 1,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Great tool and easy to use.

Thanks Locoblade! :T
  • Locoblade
    Locoblade Posts: 795 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Version 1.4 just uploaded, this might be the last for a bit as I think there's a danger it could become too complicated to use in its current guise if I add much more.

This one adds the following:
    • Comparison for savings account/ISA against offset/overpayments on Mortgage 1
    • Comparison of two mortgages with differing fees added to loan, showing break even month
    • Seperated out fees added to loan
    Ive also realised that the fairly conservative colour scheme I chose in Excel 2007 gets converted into a rather painful colour scheme in Excel 2003, so although Ive not changed the colours, I have allowed editing of the formats so you can pick your own if you find it really offensive :D
    My Excel Mortgage Calculator Spreadsheet: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1157173
  • Locoblade

Any chance you could provide a current link to version 1.4

cheers
  • herbiesjp
    herbiesjp Posts: 8,499 Forumite
    The link is on the first post
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • Locoblade
    Locoblade Posts: 795 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Locoblade

Any chance you could provide a current link to version 1.4

cheers

Sorry, yep I updated the first post but meant to put it in the new post too

http://www.locostfireblade.co.uk/Downloads/Mortgage%20Schedule%20Calculator%20v1.4.xls
    My Excel Mortgage Calculator Spreadsheet: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1157173
  • Wow! What an amazing spreadsheet and totally addictive! I have just spent the last half hour playing around with it! Thank you so much for developing it and sharing it with us!
    MFW 2011 challenge - Aim: Overpay £414.26 a month/£5,000 a year. Overpayment Total to date: £414.26:jMortgage start 28/9/07 £46,217.00 :TMortgage balance as of 25/05/11 £24,490.58 :T
    Interest saved as of 25/05/11: £2,849.84 Projected term reduction as of 25/05/11: 9 years 11 months
  • This looks really useful. Would you mind releasing a version with all cells unlocked for editing? The locking doesn't seem to work properly on Mac Office 2008, so it's not possible to edit the yellow columns. Thanks!
  • excited
    excited Posts: 21 Forumite
    Locoblade, Thanks for making the calculator available, Can I ask say i want to make a one off payent do i jut lower the mortgage amount.

thanks
    excited.
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    Thanks to your new sheet I can see how even £200 a month overpayments on my mortgage would shave off 2 yrs!! MF in 16 yrs here I come lol!!
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family