PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• moneyistooshorttomention
    moneyistooshorttomention Posts: 17,940 Forumite
    edited 25 February 2018 at 9:20AM
    Options
    :rotfl:I'm keeping my fingers crossed Kittie things can be "sorted" - at least to some extent.

I did get a comment from stranger yesterday talking to me about buses I could catch and telling me about fares I would pay for them. I took that as a compliment/possible evidence "it's working" - considering that I've been eligible for a free buspass for several years now by Welsh standards and he thought I'd still be paying for my fares:). There's some YouTube videos of very glamorous/attractive women older than me - and they do look good - so "If they can...I can" imo. There's certainly one Turkish woman on there that's older than me and I'd think she looks gorgeous by 30-something standards.
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 February 2018 at 9:46AM
    Options
    Mornin all. Re vitamin D, I sometimes get my vitamin D levels checked by a bona fide lab that does NHS testing. I tend to run low in winter as do many of us, so that's when I supplement.
    Made beef stew in the slow cooker overnight. There's enough for 4 days so will divide into portions and freeze. But you can always ring the changes with flavourings and add ons anyway. That said I don't think you can beat lamb shank for unctuous flavour :tongue: - I just can't always get it here.
    Still waiting for The Beast From The East!
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I've just had a bowl of berries with Alpro cherry yoghurt and a handful of pumpkin seeds.:A Delish!

It's sunny here, but it's meant to get very cold! I felt lovely and warm last night with my pink blanket, my flannel sheet and a hot water bottle. I wore my fleecy top and the checked men's shirt that I got from a chazzer in bed too, they really keep the heat in!

I really fancy some tomato basil soup, but I don't have any fresh basil, only dried and it's not the same. Hmm. I might still make it and have it with some seeded bread rolls.

I think I will have a shower and hair wash this morning while the sun is still out as the temps seems to drop a lot after the sun goes in. I think it's because my living room is south facing.

Lots of tea today too. Hope everyone is keeping warm!
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm after slightly different to your parameters - as "clean eating" includes meat and fish (which I don't eat).

So I can't recommend any particular ones for that.

I think you are best doing the equivalent of what I do - which is to put a phrase that describes what I want up in the search bar at the top of the "page" and then hope I'll get some listings coming up for boards that focus specifically on what I want.

In your position I'd put in search term like, for instance, "clean eating meal plan" and you should get some listed off and you click on one board to start with.

You will find, after you've done this a few times, that you will get other related pins coming up beneath a specific "pinned page" you've decided you're going to save for your own Pinterest board. The "system" gets to know what info. you're asking for - and comes up with suggestions - and you'll likely find that some of the "pinned pages" down below the particular page you're currently "pinning" will also be of interest to you. And so on ad infinitum.

EDIT; I just put in "clean eating meal plan" and it came up with 3 boards:
    Clean eating meal plans/tip
    clean eating meal plans/recipes
    Clean eating/meal planning

That will be sufficient to start you off.

Thanks for this :) I try not to eat much meat or fish, so veggie ones are great for me too
    My food is all clean .... I don't drop it on the floor before I eat it. . . simples!

:)

made me giggle, if I do drop food I reackon my floor is as clean as my worktops anyhow so no probs :D
    Further thoughts on Pinterest being that it's easy to make up a variety of boards for one's own particular interests. I've got several by now. It's wise to keep a list of one's own boards somewhere - but, if you have more than one board, Pinterests "asks" you which of your boards you wish to pin the new webpage you've found and wish to pin to.

So, for instance, you decide you want to make up your own board for exercise - then any time you "ask" Pinterest for boards on exercise - then your own one is the first on the list Pinterest will give you.

I do get a bit aggravated by the number of boards on which the "board founder" has put up the odd couple of pins on a totally different subject (eg I'm thinking "Oh look there's that same dress/bras/footwear again that I saw on this board/that board/t'other board etc - but it's not a board about clothing.").

A couple of odd pins have crept onto one or two of my boards as I've been too quick off the mark to select the correct one of my boards that I wanted to put the webpage on. But I decided it was much the best idea to start up a separate board for each of the topics I'm interested in.

I'll find out, at some point, whether there's a way to delete unwanted pins from my boards - logically there should be one.

hover over the unwanted pin and click on the 'pencil' to delete :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good morning everyone,
    Another sunny but bitterly cold one here. Boy did it get chilly overnight...
    My son ended up only going out for a wee while yesterday evening so he was up sharp and headed off as he has stuff to do today before he's away with his work for most of the week.
    I had just waved him off and popped the kettle on when my Dad arrived so it has been all go here so far this morning.;)
    I need to get myself organised for this evening but I think a cuppa and a sit down are needed first:).

Brunch today will be a roll with tomato & lorne:D and tonight it's shepherdess pie with savoy cabbage, broccoli and onion gravy. My sister is bringing either are a starter or pud. I'm hoping she makes a pavlova as she makes a fab one;)
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I don't have any tinned toms! What is going on?!:rotfl: Now I really want the HM soup.

I'm off to the shops to get some toms as well as some fresh ginger and fresh basil if I can find it!

Better dry my hair first and I'm putting my gloves and scarf as well as my really warm red coat!:cool:
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Chilli's still bubbling, jar said "hot" (there being a choice of hot or mild) .... had a taste, can't taste a thing, so added a bit of chilli powder. I'm sure it's not me that "likes it super hot", but a dumbing down of the reality of how hot a chilli (which is a HOT dish) is supposed to be :)

In a pub once I enquired of their bar menu re how hot was the chilli (not if hot, but how hot) - and the Manager told me it's not hot at all as people don't like that .... and I thought "so why don't the pub sell and those customers just buy slightly flavoured MINCE"

Picked up a pack of crisps, then thought "you don't even WANT those, you just picked them up because you saw them" - so I put the pack back.

Had 2 hot sausage rolls for early lunch as I don't really fancy the chilli now it's just 1-2 hours from being ready.

Choccy eclair in a bit ....
  • caronc
    Options
    I don't have any tinned toms! What is going on?!:rotfl:
    :eek::eek::eek::eek: that would make really twitchy, I need to always have a stash of these :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • caronc
    Options
    Chilli's still bubbling, jar said "hot" (there being a choice of hot or mild) .... had a taste, can't taste a thing, so added a bit of chilli powder. I'm sure it's not me that "likes it super hot", but a dumbing down of the reality of how hot a chilli (which is a HOT dish) is supposed to be :)

In a pub once I enquired of their bar menu re how hot was the chilli (not if hot, but how hot) - and the Manager told me it's not hot at all as people don't like that .... and I thought "so why don't the pub sell and those customers just buy slightly flavoured MINCE"

Picked up a pack of crisps, then thought "you don't even WANT those, you just picked them up because you saw them" - so I put the pack back.

Had 2 hot sausage rolls for early lunch as I don't really fancy the chilli now it's just 1-2 hours from being ready.

Choccy eclair in a bit ....
    With you on that one otherwise it's just tomatoey mince with beans stirred through;)
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had a chilli taster .... meh, not hot still. Could chuck more stuff at it, CBA though, "it'll do".

Grabbed a packet of crisps ....and put them back .... grabbed a fat eclair and ate it :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback