NatWest £125 switch incentive

Options

Comments

• deutsch
    deutsch Posts: 398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    deutsch wrote: »
    I moved from Natwest to Clydesdale and I am now moving back.
    I applied as an existing customer as I still held working online banking credentials. Towards the end of the application I was provided with my full sort code and account number. There was also an application ref which at least starts with todays date in format YYYYMMDD and something after that. I also applied for the switch wef 30th Jan.

I haven't received any emails yet and my online banking doesn't show the account yet or any correspondence. I wasn't aware of issues until reading this thread.

Only time will tell if I have a problem.

Further to this, I received an email and SMS yesterday about the switch and logged onto my online banking and could see the new select account opened. I can't really see anything else going wrong.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    Nor can I. Do you know that I will get over £175 ?:rotfl::rotfl:
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Steve_xx wrote: »
    By doing so, won't you lose access to the M&S Monthly Saver, or aren't you bothered about it?
    Not all M&S current account holder are eligible for their Monthly Saver. You need to have switched to them, and you need to have 2 active DDs. And, for max benefit, £250/mth to lock away for up to 12 months. Not everybody can do that but everybody can easily bag the Natwest £125.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. You are repeating yourself.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    colsten wrote: »
    . . . but everybody can easily bag the Natwest £125.
    And, don't forget to factor in NatWest's 2% cash-back on DDs for (some) household bills.
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Consumerist
    Consumerist Posts: 6,310 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mchambers wrote: »
    Do you have a complaints procedure ? :)
    >:)Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Still no sign of my Tesco direct debits appearing on my Natwest account, despite switch complete this morning.
    Does anybody know if they won't appear until they first get paid out?

My main concern is that Tesco are not moving the DD elsewhere, as I requested the M&S switch, last night. And that does need 2 DDs.

This is correct, they will appear on your DD list when they are first paid out. This was confirmed to be in the paperwork I received, and I think the email I got saying my switch was progressing.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
  • cosh25
    cosh25 Posts: 116 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I applied for this account on the 1st day the switch offer went live. I'm quite new to all of this and seem to have been very lucky as my TSB to YB at the end of last year went without any problems and the £250 paid on 5th Jan. I applied for this account which was opened straight away (didn't have to upload anything to digi docs). Debit card arrived pretty soon after and the switch from YB to Natwest completed on Friday. Card reader recieved today and online banking working well and money moved in and out. Only thing I can't do is get the signature form printed and returned and no one at Natwest seems to know how to get one sent in the post... oh well no biggy! Seem to be one of the few where its all gone well.
  • Mchambers
    Mchambers Posts: 1,054 Forumite
    Options
    cosh25 wrote: »
    I applied for this account on the 1st day the switch offer went live. I'm quite new to all of this and seem to have been very lucky as my TSB to YB at the end of last year went without any problems and the £250 paid on 5th Jan. I applied for this account which was opened straight away (didn't have to upload anything to digi docs). Debit card arrived pretty soon after and the switch from YB to Natwest completed on Friday. Card reader recieved today and online banking working well and money moved in and out. Only thing I can't do is get the signature form printed and returned and no one at Natwest seems to know how to get one sent in the post... oh well no biggy! Seem to be one of the few where its all gone well.

Take you application reference number with your signature to your nearest branch.
  • Westie983
    Westie983 Posts: 5,213 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you didn't get one in the post, you shouldn't need to have a signature specimen.

especially as everything else has arrived, I got a signature to sign before the account was opened. If you have everything you don't need a signature.

As long as you have applied and opened an account online and switched, and paid in £1400, you will have qualified for the incentive.

Just sit and wait.

Westie983
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Banking & Borrowing, and Reduce Debt & Boost Income boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySaving Expert.
    Save 12k in 2023 #58 Total (£4500.00) £2500.00/£5000 = 50.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~17 #24 Total (£55.00) £0.00/£500 = 0.00%
    Xmas 2023 £1 a Day #13 Total (£85.00) £344.00/£365 = 94.24%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£500) £550.00/£500 = 110.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2023 #17 Total (£25.00) £45/£300 = 15.00%
    The 365 1p Challenge 2023 #7 Total £656.19/£667.95 = 98.23%
    Total £4095.19/£7332.95 = 55.84%
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing