MyHermes, advice needed

Options

Comments

• ljonski
    ljonski Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    Options
    Perhaps new title should be Mydaughter- advice needed.
    "if the state cannot find within itself a place for those who peacefully refuse to worship at its temples, then it’s the state that’s become extreme".Revd Dr Giles Fraser on Radio 4 2017
  • Bogalot
    Bogalot Posts: 1,102 Forumite
    Options
    Oh my days, *someone* reported me for saying Hermes had done nothing wrong, my post has been removed!

Do people really get offended by stating the obvious? :eek:
  • beeg0d
    beeg0d Posts: 179 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    mije1983 wrote: »
    Cheap!

Oddly enough the bad carriers are not alwaysvtte cheapest. A few years ago I was running a small online company shipping about 50 packages day. After a year using city link (where we went from 5 a day to 50) we put out delivery contract to tender, tested 3 of them (interlink/DPD, Yodel and parcel force). We did end up going for tge cheapest but not because they were the cheapest but because they had the highest success rate (95% first attept), and fewest losses/damages. You'll be surprised to learn the cheapest wasn't yodel it was interlink. (Alough there surcharges for highlands and central London were higher)
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    Options
    Bogalot wrote: »
    Oh my days, *someone* reported me for saying Hermes had done nothing wrong, my post has been removed!

Do people really get offended by stating the obvious? :eek:

Your post was the only one that made any sense.

Hermes did nothing wrong. There was no miscommunication. The only miscommunication was the OP chasing a parcel that the daughter had already picked up!

I mean common sense is ask the other people you live with if you yourself aren't expecting anything...
  • dacouch
    dacouch Posts: 21,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Reminds me of a recent post on Piston Heads, someone was complaining that the trampoline in their garden had been stolen by some local louts.

The post was the day after the recent storms...
  • parkrunner
    parkrunner Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    lady1964 wrote: »
    Why would anyone choose Hermes to deliver their parcel? Total !!!!! company

Well my Hermes delivery lady is brilliant. If I'm not in she leaves a card with her mobile number, I phone her and arrange a suitable time for the both of us, excellent service.
    It's nothing , not nothink.
  • lady1964
    lady1964 Posts: 955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Your post was the only one that made any sense.

Hermes did nothing wrong. There was no miscommunication. The only miscommunication was the OP chasing a parcel that the daughter had already picked up!

I mean common sense is ask the other people you live with if you yourself aren't expecting anything...

To answer this, my DD was out all day & when I text her about it, she said she wasn't expecting anything, it was much later that day that she said she had got something the previous day.

My point was that the card was put through my door with zero information on it other than 'in the garage' which can't be opened from the outside. If this was someone who was expecting something, they would have had no information to go on & would have had to have waited until probably Monday to contact the person who had sent it, possibly even longer if there was a window of a few days for delivery. It would also be nice to be able to speak to a human on a customer services number.

Thanks for the sensible answers though, they were appreciated.
  • marliepanda
    marliepanda Posts: 7,186 Forumite
    edited 9 March 2017 at 8:39PM
    Options
    lady1964 wrote: »
    To answer this, my DD was out all day & when I text her about it, she said she wasn't expecting anything, it was much later that day that she said she had got something the previous day.

My point was that the card was put through my door with zero information on it other than 'in the garage' which can't be opened from the outside. If this was someone who was expecting something, they would have had no information to go on & would have had to have waited until probably Monday to contact the person who had sent it, possibly even longer if there was a window of a few days for delivery. It would also be nice to be able to speak to a human on a customer services number.

Thanks for the sensible answers though, they were appreciated.

Your daughter clearly managed to get it from the info provided.

So you rang her, said something like 'got a Hermes slip here and no parcel, I'm not expecting anything, are you?' And she didn't clock on and realise it was hers that she got yesterday? The fact she wasn't bright enough to say she got something the day before or, you know, discard of her package delivery slip like a sensible person isn't the fault of Hermes.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    parkrunner wrote: »
    Well my Hermes delivery lady is brilliant. If I'm not in she leaves a card with her mobile number, I phone her and arrange a suitable time for the both of us, excellent service.

Same with the courier who covers my area, not a problem with him.
  • ThumbRemote
    ThumbRemote Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Your daughter clearly managed to get it from the info provided.

So you rang her, said something like 'got a Hermes slip here and no parcel, I'm not expecting anything, are you?' And she didn't clock on and realise it was hers that she got yesterday? The fact she wasn't bright enough to say she got something the day before or, you know, discard of her package delivery slip like a sensible person isn't the fault of Hermes.

In this post you've made up an entire phone conversation for the sole purpose of claiming the OPs daughter 'wasn't bright enough'. Why do you feel the need to try and be hurtful about someone like that?

They clearly said it was a text message, not a phone conversation. The message could easily have just said "Are you expecting a parcel delivery today?" The daughter may not have discarded the slip at all - she may never have seen it. In fact any number of other options are possible. But you've chosen to fabricate phone conversations and make numerous assumptions just so you can have a go at them. Why?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure