Add your feedback on energy supplier Iresa

Comments

• icharus
    icharus Posts: 103 Forumite
    That's just the normal monthly request for meter readings.

If you've already provided Iresa with your final meter reading on the date you switched I would suggest that you don't provide Iresa with any more as it will only confuse them even further.

E.ON will have provided Iresa with your final meter reading as part of the switching process. Ask Iresa to confirm what the final reading provided to them by E.ON was and leave it at that. You could also get E.ON involved and ask them to contact Iresa to confirm the final meter reading.

I'm in exactly the same situation as Hengus with my gas switch. Final gas meter reading was provided by both myself and then by Zog as part of the switching process and then confirmed to them again by Zog for the second time and despite Iresa's promises of treating my complaint with the "utmost haste" absolutely no action has been taken by them to close my gas account.

For some reason I get the distinct impression that Iresa don't know how to close accounts through their system. Maybe we are the first of the many and the crash test dummies for this process?

I've got the pleasure of having to do exactly the same thing for my electric switch to E.ON on 1st June and then I will stand well back and watch while these bloody morons mess it up. :mad:

Needless to say to prevent Iresa taking any more money my direct debit to them will be cancelled at the bank on 2nd June after E.ON have confirmed the switch has completed.

The fight to get my credit balance refunded will begin immediately after that but at least I will have escaped from these incompetent idiots for once and for all. :D

I am interested in how you propose to achieve your cridit balance refund with this lot!!

Trustpilot experiences suggests it will be a problem.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,092 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 26 May 2017 at 3:45PM
    footyguy wrote: »
    Use your online account to contact the supplier
    No waiting at all that way
    ... also you will get a response in writing. If that is not in English, you will have the copy to provide to the ombudsman 8 weeks after you first complained.

:)

That won't work. They have a policy of file, mark 'resolved'* and ignore.

* after annotating the complaint as 'escalated, and we will get back you' then doing absolutely nothing.
  • JStewer
    JStewer Posts: 41 Forumite
    edited 24 May 2017 at 2:48PM
    Hengus wrote: »
    That won't work. They have a policy of file, mark 'resolved' and ignore.

If there is any truth behind this allegation, then all the more reason to follow the advice given by footyguy.

At least if the complaint has been marked as resolved, there can be no attempt by the supplier to claim they never received the complaint, although if the complaint is registered using their own online account I would suggest the OS would not accept such a claim anyway.

Furthermore, marking a complaint as resolved does not stop the clock; the 8 week period is still running if you are not happy with the resolution provided.

I would suggest you contact the company again, requesting either the matter be un-resolved, or if not that you are supplied with a deadlock letter so that you can go to the OS sooner.

It may even be worth asking the OS if they will accept the fact the supplier has marked the complaint as resolved as an alternative to a deadlock letter.

I think in your case, seeing the plether of critical posts you have made regarding this company, not only in this thread, the reason the supplier is not responding to you, and indeed may have marked your complaint as resolved, is that they are aware of the issue over calorific values and are addressing it, as you have been advised.
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary

I've got the pleasure of having to do exactly the same thing for my electric switch to E.ON on 1st June and then I will stand well back and watch while these bloody morons mess it up. :mad:

Needless to say to prevent Iresa taking any more money my direct debit to them will be cancelled at the bank on 2nd June after E.ON have confirmed the switch has completed.

We'll be in touch as soon as the switch has gone through youravinalarrrf. This will be once we start supplying your electricity on 1 June. If all done online, after the supply start date, we'll send an email to the registered address.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,088 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 24 May 2017 at 5:29PM
    footyguy wrote: »
    Use your online account to contact the supplier
    No waiting at all that way

... also you will get a response in writing. If that is not in English, you will have the copy to provide to the ombudsman 8 weeks after you first complained.

:)

Easier said than done-their website has been down again for most of the day. And, even when it is working, enquiries sent via the messaging system are either ignored, or answered after about a month with excuses, promises, but no actual action whatsoever. The enquiry is then marked as 'resolved'.
    Has anyone yet actually managed to successfully transfer a dual fuel account away from Iresa, get a final billing, and a refund if due? I can hardly see Iresa prioritising leaving customers.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • System
    macman wrote: »
    Easier said than done-their website has been down again for most of the day. And, even when it is working, enquiries sent via the messaging system are either ignored, or answered after about a month with excuses, promises, but no actual action whatsoever. The enquiry is then marked as 'resolved'.
    Has anyone yet actually managed to successfully transfer a dual fuel account away from Iresa, get a final billing, and a refund if due? I can hardly see Iresa prioritising leaving customers.

I am in the process of doing that now. My gas transferred over 2 weeks ago. I e-mailed Iresa to say that I was aware that they had been provided with an industry validated meter reading by my new gas supplier etc - no response whatsoever. I also e-mailed Billing last week to point out that they had more than enough credit to pay off my final bills - again no response whatsoever, and they took the monthly DD!

My electricity supply transfers on Friday. I intend to cancel my DD mandate immediately, wait 6 weeks and then, if there is no response, take them to the Small Claims Court. I harbour Iresa no ill will but they have been, by a margin, the worst company - not just energy supplier - that I think I have ever dealt with. It is impossible to do business with a company that refuses to communicate with its customers.

I note that Iresa has had another day of terrible reviews on Trustpilot and Facebook.
  • pooch
    pooch Posts: 828 Forumite
    macman wrote: »
    Easier said than done-their website has been down again for most of the day. ....

:huh:

I've not had any issues with their website today.
    Tried about 10am as I received an email from them this morning
    Tried again at about 2pm to check something else
    Have just checked again too because of your post

On all occassions, their website has been up and running, and I have accessed my online account without issue.

You actually say "again" yet I've actually never had any issue with accessing their website (although I don't try everyday, and today was a v. rare instance of checking it 3 times in 1 day)

Maybe it's an issue with your computer or ISP?
  • System
    pooch wrote: »
    :huh:

I've not had any issues with their website today.
    Tried about 10am as I received an email from them this morning
    Tried again at about 2pm to check something else
    Have just checked again too because of your post

On all occassions, their website has been up and running, and I have accessed my online account without issue.

You actually say "again" yet I've actually never had any issue with accessing their website (although I don't try everyday, and today was a v. rare instance of checking it 3 times in 1 day)

Maybe it's an issue with your computer or ISP?

You were lucky. Between 4.30 and 5, the website was timing out and any attempt to access the online support page came up with a server/capacity warning. There was then a page saying that Iresa was aware of the website problems. It appears to be working OK now.
  • pooch
    pooch Posts: 828 Forumite
    Hengus wrote: »
    .... It appears to be working OK now.

So it was experiencing capacity issues for possibly 30 mins? Not excatly most of the day as claimed by abnother user, eh?

Could be a result of a DDoS, or just everyone checking the site 24/7 to ensure it is still working. :cool:

Thanks for confirming it is working ok at present - I won't check again :)

As you said, the supplier was aware of the issue, and seems to have sorted it out. That was quick :)
  • icharus wrote: »
    I am interested in how you propose to achieve your cridit balance refund with this lot!!

Trustpilot experiences suggests it will be a problem.

Given other people's experiences I'm assuming it will be a problem before it even starts and will probably take some considerable time to achieve.

Customers have no other option but to use Iresa's formal complaints procedure and it will begin the day after my switch away completes by reminding Iresa that in order to comply with the terms and conditions of their Operators Licenses they have just 6 weeks from the date of the switch to provide me with my final bill and refund any credit balance owing to me.

If the final bill and credit refund is not forthcoming during this 6 week period after 8 weeks it will be escalated to the Ombudsman Energy for resolution. Should it still remain unresolved and unpaid after this it will eventually end up as a claim in the small claims court.

At each of these stages the additional costs to Iresa will increase but in the end I will get my credit balance refunded one way or another and it will end up costing Iresa far more than if they had complied with the regulations from the beginning.

It will be up to Iresa to decide whether they want to play a silly game which they cannot and will not be be allowed to win.

Surely Iresa can see that they cannot continue to keep racking up unnecessary additional costs through fines and/or court costs before the inevitable happens and they become insolvent and go bust. With no new customers joining them for quite some time it's more important than ever that they get their house in order immediately before any remaining cash flow they have dries up completely.

It's a battle of wills but no matter how long it takes you can be certain that I will win in the end. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure