Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Comments

• bemaking
    bemaking Posts: 9 Forumite
    edited 21 September 2016 at 6:58AM
    Hi Csscott,

20% was all i was offered on the phone.
    I cancelled and had a 60% offer online within 24 hours. in fact i'll copy the small print of my 60% offer for forum readers.

60% off your monthly Sky+ TV subscription for 12 months: Offer only available on Sky+ Bundles for customer who left Sky in the last month. Sky TV £9.00-£32pm (normally £22.50-£80pm), Sky Sports (£11.00 extra pm). Sky Cinema (£7.20 extra pm). Sky Sports in HD is not included in the offer and will then be £6pm extra. Sky Cinema customers with Box Sets Bundle will be able to watch 11 Sky Cinema channels and get unlimited access to over 1,000 movies on demand, in stunning HD included within your Sky Cinema subscription. Requires compatible Sky box. Discount does not apply if you change your package. This offer does not include stand-alone Premium Channels. Sky Box Office, Sky Store, pay-per-view services, Multiscreen or the HD Pack. After your 12 month offer ends you will pay the full price for your Sky package £22.50-£80pm. Offer cannot be taken in conjunction with any other offer. 12 month contract applies. Subject to status. Upfront payment may be required.

As you can see you must cancel for the offer.

As for the broadband the sky operator will tell you they can leave it on whilst you swap and the new provider will arrange cancellation so they don't need to.

So I phoned back with plus nets best offer , the operator could then see I has cancelled tv and was serious about swapping, they then bettered the deal with £10.00 landline and half price broadband. I had to push the line rental very hard though.
  • Currently in middle of Virgin contract but due to latest price increase I can now leave.

Logged back into my sky account which i ended in January and was automatically offered 60% off an tv bundle + £75 credit. I went on live chat and managed to get credit to £100 pretty easily, it works out at £6.86 a month after credit.

I also want sky broadband but the offers were not so good so going to take out the moneysavingexpert offer and sign up with it under partners name as she is regarded as new to sky.

We will need a new line which is £20 and £10 for delivery of modem but after the £50 credit it works out at £7.08 a month

So in total i can get box set bundle and sky unlimited broadband for £13.94 a month!!
  • Well, I've taken the plunge and - after a discussion on live chat with sky - cancelled both phone/bb & tv.

So now I guess from reading guides on peoples experiences I either receive some kind of offer of 50% via email - or I use the "left Sky within 12 months" chat and go for the same thing.

How does the offer online usually manifest, via an email, or does it pop up when you log in to your account?
  • Fitzkepp wrote: »
    Well, I've taken the plunge and - after a discussion on live chat with sky - cancelled both phone/bb & tv.

So now I guess from reading guides on peoples experiences I either receive some kind of offer of 50% via email - or I use the "left Sky within 12 months" chat and go for the same thing.

How does the offer online usually manifest, via an email, or does it pop up when you log in to your account?

You should not have cancelled phone/bband until you have started to move to another supplier. You will probably find that you are now on a 2-week timeline to complete this move; otherwise you will not have a phone/bband service afterwards. If you can, contact sky to stop your cancellation.

No probs with your TV.
  • After cancelling my Sky 3 weeks ago the best offer I had received was 60% via email, just contacted them on the link below and got £50 credit as well, so Sky Sports for a total of £190 of year against the £480 I was paying with my original 25% discount!

https://secure.sky.com/mysky-extras/coming-back-to-sky
  • Well according to my cancellation email my phone/broadband services will be cancelled on 23/10/16 so that should allow me time to play this game of brinkmanship with them. Should it get close to the wire I can always call up and sort it out.
  • Topper1900 wrote: »
    After cancelling my Sky 3 weeks ago the best offer I had received was 60% via email, just contacted them on the link below and got £50 credit as well, so Sky Sports for a total of £190 of year against the £480 I was paying with my original 25% discount!

That's the kind of thing I'm hoping for really, fingers crossed
  • Has anyone had any offers with Sky Q??..
    Like get the box for no cost or had to pay??

Have got 6 months left on my contract and fancy upgrading to Sky Q, but don't fancy paying £148 for 2 boxes..
  • Topper1900 wrote: »
    After cancelling my Sky 3 weeks ago the best offer I had received was 60% via email, just contacted them on the link below and got £50 credit as well, so Sky Sports for a total of £190 of year against the £480 I was paying with my original 25% discount!

Wow, checked my account via the tv and theyd already put forward a 60% for 12 months offer on my TV package. I assume rather than accept it remotely I contact them via the link now to discuss?
  • Fitzkepp,

Indeed contact via live chat to discuss.

Mention the 'mail' you were sent as well offering 60% and the £50 credit.

Also state you'd like this on monthly rolling contract. So you have some firepower when that annual increase inevitably occurs.

They should put it through no problem.

Should the sky operator fail to do this politely decline the offer and try again in an hour with new operator.

I did this last night and it worked first time. I should also admit also I never got a mail offering £50 credit.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback