PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Jackie0 huge thanks!

I just wanted to send a huge thank you to the wonderful JackieO for all your wonderful help and advice you post on here. I’ve got so many cookbooks that I hardy use (oops!) but I did some detective work on here and found all those wonderful recipes you combined in a cookbook..there are some great ones that even my fussy 14 year old wants to try..this is a big result so thank you!!! !!!:rotfl:

I lost my mum a few years back quite young...she was a real homemaker and loved taking care of us all, I’ve tried to continue some of her brilliant ways of frugalness and money saving as it helps me feel closer to her somehow..I know she wouldn’t mind if I asked you to adopt me too so is that ok!?! :T

There are some really brilliant people on here selflessly helping out with such fab ideas and I’m forever grateful to you all :T
Second purse £34.75/£50.00
Third purse £0.00

Paying £5.00 a week in second purse

Total stockpile value

Comments

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    How lovely of you x

Jackie is an OS national treasure, I'm sure she'll be back to add her bit, but she's on her way to holidays at the mo

Try and get you young'n to cook some of the meals they fancy - as the owner of 2 teen boys (now both early 20's) it really helped them to widen their food likes, eldest was very much dry food, no food touching on the plate etc, now he loves cooking and experimenting - just need to work on his cleaning up skills :rotfl:
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Islandmaid wrote: »
    How lovely of you x

Jackie is an OS national treasure, I'm sure she'll be back to add her bit, but she's on her way to holidays at the mo

Try and get you young'n to cook some of the meals they fancy - as the owner of 2 teen boys (now both early 20's) it really helped them to widen their food likes, eldest was very much dry food, no food touching on the plate etc, now he loves cooking and experimenting - just need to work on his cleaning up skills :rotfl:

Haha yes no food is allowed to touch on the plate ;)certain textures are a huge no no too! I love getting him involved in cooking but can’t say he shares the same enthusiasm as me just yet :rotfl: Although there’s hope yet as my eldest DS was far worse and when he went to Uni and had no choice but to eat a certain way he now he’s a changed person hallelujah!!
    Third purse £0.00

Total stockpile value
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I did some detective work on here and found all those wonderful recipes you combined in a cookbook..

Hi I agree Jackie is awesome, where can i find her cookbook?
  • I too am glad to be on the same forum as JackieO!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 8 April 2018 at 8:47AM
    Thank you chums an off on my holidays to my beloved Isle of Wight with my DD,son-in-law and my DGS, and will be back next week PM me, and I will sort it out when I come back. Fingers crossed for some dry weather, although we even don't mind if it rains we love it so much there .

Tacke care of yourselves while I am away

Cheers chums
    JackieO xxx

PS :o:o:o:o:o:o:o Dunno about national treasure ,more old relic I think:o:o:o:o:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:xxx
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    JackieO wrote: »
    PS :o:o:o:o:o:o:o Dunno about national treasure ,more old relic I think:o:o:o:o:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:xxx
    I think not! You are like an OS virtual mum to us, dispensing wisdom, common sense and practical tips in equal measures x
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • JackieO, you are wise enough to know that national treasure / old relic are 2 sides of the same coin (!)
    However, we regard you as MSE Treasure-in-Chief.
    This board shows the best of internet forums
  • VfM4meplse wrote: »
    I think not! You are like an OS virtual mum to us, dispensing wisdom, common sense and practical tips in equal measures x

Totally agree!!! :T
    Third purse £0.00

Total stockpile value
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    got to say I love to read your posts Jackie o first hand social history thankyou for all the tips and insightful things you post hope your holiday is fun
    onwards and upwards
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    VfM4meplse wrote: »

Totally agree too.
    Gem-gem
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business