PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

O/S Daily Friday 10 March 2017

Comments

• Gooooooooood morning,

Happy Friday everyone.

Yesterday evening I had another flat viewing and I really liked the place. We met the woman who still lives there and she was lovely and kept the place spotless, and you could tell it wasn't just for show. I'm going to arrange a 2nd viewing on Tuesday and I might make a bid - we'll see.

Other than that I had a fairly quiet night.

No plans tonight. Well, I say that. I'm going to bake some low-carb cookies but that's all.

Saturday is England vs Scotland in the rugby, so I'll watch that and witness us getting beat. Sunday is the Old Firm which will be a good spectacle, until again, my team will get beat!

csarina - congratulations!!!

Have a nice day everyone :)
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Gooooooooood morning,

Happy Friday everyone.

Yesterday evening I had another flat viewing and I really liked the place. We met the woman who still lives there and she was lovely and kept the place spotless, and you could tell it wasn't just for show. I'm going to arrange a 2nd viewing on Tuesday and I might make a bid - we'll see.

Oooo how exciting Speky..keep us posted :D
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good Morning chums and a beautiful spring day here in north Kent :) my garden has suddenly come to life and the daffs are all out and even the tiny miniature tulips are pushing up.
    History club this afternoon and the big KM quiz for charity tonight so a busy day ahead.
    Good luck with your bid Speky, and happy birthday to those who are celebrating
    Must dash I am in need of an infusion of tea :):):)
    Take care all and have a great friday

JackieO xx
  • tiredmum2
    tiredmum2 Posts: 285 Forumite
    Morning all
    Hope all goes well at the dentists for those who are going
    it was a lovely day yesterday i had washing on the line blowing away and when i took Dolly out over the fields she stopped to sniff some crocuses
    Good luck Speky on the second viewing hope it all works out for you
    Dumpling Happy Birthday to your DD and Max :bdaycake:
    Tru you are doing wonders with Scampi might pop round for some tips for Dolly
    Will be washing the floors today and am thinking of getting an upright steam mop for the tiles but not sure yet
    Dinner tonight fish n wedges with parsley sauce
    Have a great day whatever you are up to
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,869 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Good Morning. I'm still reading but haven't been posting.
    Congratulations to csarina on the new arrival x
    Speky - exciting news about the flat - keep us posted x
    Life rumbles on here. Taking small wins when I can. The garden is coming into life and that always cheers me. The crocuses and daffs look lovely.
    DSis is still signed off work after nephews death. Inquest will be in May. Mum hasn't been well. DH still looking for work.
    My job going well - passed probationary period and I'm off to Birmingham next week to note take at a meeting. A long way to go, but will be okay I'm sure.
    Take care all, Coxy x
    Cross-stitch WIP: Durene Jones Haberdashery Shop 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn 12/24
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,399 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello all, had a bad nights sleep too. When I did eventually sleep I had bad/odd dreams which woke me again! Was up at 6 for a cup of tea then went back to bed for a couple of hours.
    Today's weather is foggy, grey and damp, although the sun is trying its hardest to come through now.
    Jobs for today include but not necessarily in this order, sorting ironing from non ironing and putting away, some sewing especially finishing off the Easter hats, tiding the spare bedroom, emptying the DW, sorting the chest freezer ( looked for something yesterday and made a mess :( ) and cleaning the bathroom.
    SpekyS fingers crossed on your second viewing.
    Gers sorry to hear about sister in laws father
    Tea tonight will be meatballs and pasta.
    Better get off my backside or nothing on my list will get done!
    Have a good Friday everyone.
    nan
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,013 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Back from the dentist. As fate would have it as I was brushing my teeth a white side filling crumbled away, talk about timing! All sorted now. I asked for a night time lower gum shield as I clench my teeth at night, which probably made the filing crumble. My two jaws are slightly misaligned which sometimes gives me an ache. Anyway, my most hated part of dentistry was done - an impression. I can take all manner of other more invasive or painful treatments but gag with impressions.

On my way back to the car I treated myself to a rich Italian coffee - no rich Italian to go with it unfortunately, and a scone which the assistant heated through for me. Then I waddled up to the car in drizzle. The only nice drizzle is lemon flavoured and on cakes!

Coxy - lovely to see you back.

Dumpling - happy birthday to your 17 year old and your two year old too.

Speky - exciting times. What part of Glasgow are you looking in?
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Yet another poor night's sleep. I'm really getting fed up now.... the usual way it goes is me saying to Mr LW, at roughly 10 minute intervals.

Please stop fidgeting and lie still.

Please will you stop fidgeting

Quit fidgeting. Now!

FOR THE LOVE OF HATHOR, STOP FIDGETING BEFORE I THUMP YOU!!!!!!!.

Please stop snoring.

PLEASE will you stop snoring.

Turn on your side and be quiet.

SHUT THE HELL UP! RIGHT NOW!!!

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • LameWolf - you have my sympathies but you post did make me laugh.

Gers - It's actually going to be in my hometown of Airdrie. If I don't go for this flat though I think I'll go city centre of Glasgow, probably Clyde-side.

Thanks everyone for the good luck wishes. Getting excited and I got my mortgage in principle at lunchtime there too. Have to remind myself not to get too excited!
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,238 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    LameWolf wrote: »

Please stop snoring.

PLEASE will you stop snoring.

Turn on your side and be quiet.

SHUT THE HELL UP! RIGHT NOW!!!

:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

^^ I'm the fidgeting one, but DH gets a pillow over his head to muffle him...am surprised Candygirl can't hear him at her end of the M55!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills