Are my car mods going [Removed] (Insurance)

Comments

• markudman
    markudman Posts: 351 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    I once have a Volvo, that was a total lose, and the insurance company refused to pay because i modified it, All I done was sign write it, will my companies details, the insuer said I should have notified them.
    We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose.
    If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.
  • bob_a_builder
    bob_a_builder Posts: 2,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Insurance companies will always win
  • John-K_3
    John-K_3 Posts: 681 Forumite
    Well yes, insurers will generally use anything they can to protect their profits.
    That has not been my experience at all. I have unfortunately had a few motorbikes stolen and on the last two occasions they upped the payout from my declared valuation on one of them and agreed to pay out new for old on the other despite it being beyond the cutoff date where the policy offered that.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,550 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    John-K wrote: »
    That has not been my experience at all. I have unfortunately had a few motorbikes stolen and on the last two occasions they upped the payout from my declared valuation on one of them and agreed to pay out new for old on the other despite it being beyond the cutoff date where the policy offered that.

Ah, but did any of them have a pink bobble on the front?
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    markudman wrote: »
    I once have a Volvo, that was a total lose, and the insurance company refused to pay because i modified it, All I done was sign write it, will my companies details, the insuer said I should have notified them.
    And they were right.
  • I am getting the general idea that insurance companies are as ruthless as they come.

The subwoofer is an obvious choice
    The wing mirror stickers are to make me feel better about the 8 cars stuck behind me as I do the speed limit.
    Some of it is just purely to assist in my own laziness
    And the rest is a running joke between me and my mates... A 1.5 subaru doesn't have any poke.

But yeah, I didn't think I'd need to declare stuff like this given that they said the subwoofer would not need to be mentioned on the policy.

But the roundabout way I've gone about it makes me feel less positive about it.

I've just stripped everything out, excluding the enderman and the sub.

If I eventually start adding this stuff back again I guess someone at tesco is going to deal with my constant nuisance about thing that seem pathetic to need declaring.

Thanks for the input though
  • arcon5
    arcon5 Posts: 14,099 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Things like the exhaust chrome just unscrew. Then take photos carefully that the sticks aren't obvious or showing.
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary

I've just stripped everything out, excluding the enderman and the sub.
    You've probably increased the cars value.
  • Joe_Horner
    Joe_Horner Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ^^^ Ohhh, harsh. But true :rotfl:
  • bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    -Wing mirror eyebrows to reduce rain accumulation on mirror surface
    In the 31 years that I've been able to drive a car, I can honestly say that I've never found rain accumulation on wing mirrors a problem.
    -Missile switch to activate relay

A what?????
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family