Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,948
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Izadora wrote: »
    The number of times I've read the word "shiny" this morning has reminded me that my annual watching of Firefly is well overdue. Best I dust off the DVDs when I get home :D
    I watched the whole series through and the film last month :D Celebration of me putting the projector and screen up in my living room was to flop on the sofa in front of it and watch scifi :o (currently on Battlestar Galactica which I haven't watched in some years, I had forgotten just how compelling it is)
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • onomatopoeia99
    onomatopoeia99 Posts: 6,948
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    tea_lover wrote: »
    I'm off work next week - very excited!! :D Am starting the decorating this evening.... less excited about that. I love it once I get to the painting part... it's the trying to move everything out of the way and sand woodwork part that does my head in.
    I've been replacing most of the woodwork in my house as I decorate, as it's the original from 1951. No sanding, but primer and undercoat in addition to the gloss, so it all balances out in terms of effort.

Hope you have a good week off :) For decorating, or are you off on hols? If you're at home, try not to do what I do, which is potter around, then realise it's lunchtime and I haven't achieved anything useful with the day yet :o
    Proud member of the wokerati, though I don't eat tofu.Home is where my books are.Solar PV 5.2kWp system, SE facing, >1% shading, installed March 2019.Mortgage free July 2023
  • Hi Tea! Yes an actual sausage dog. She's gorgeous. Its our first time to go to sausage dog club, the lady who runs it said there's often 100+ sausages there. My two cats are accepting her slowly... we've had one or two arguments though.

Hope you have a fun weekend decorating - I have to do the garden this weekend. Eurgh.

My anxiety is playing up this morning, (I've only got a week left in this job which is probably why) and I've picked all the skin off my little finger and middle finger, I'm trying really hard to limit it there though.
    Back in the red :mad::mad:
    CC: £1829
    Overdraft: £2000
    Catalogues: £350
    Grocery Challenge: February 2016 £51/£300
    Earn £2016 in 2016: £0/£2016
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Know what you mean ono - I have such big plans that they might just overwhelm me. There's a good chance I'll just end up lying on the sofa watching being human for the 10th time :rotfl:.

General sanding isn't too bad I guess, but this room also has a picture rail and the airing cupboard doors so that's going to get boring quite quickly :p.

Am so sad.... I've made myself a project plan showing what needs to happen each day (starting from 6pm tonight when I get home from work!)

Plan is to get the ceiling, walls, woodwork and wallpapering done by Thursday. Then a day off on Friday. Then have to sort out when the carpet and furniture can be delivered, but am not worrying about that part for now :rotfl:.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 18 March 2016 at 10:23AM
    Lighthearted penguin about food.....

Look here! Do you realise that sausages have been mentioned
    9 times! in the last 6 posts, and my food resolutions for today are now already in serious jeopardy! :D End penguin!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• happilymarried2013
    happilymarried2013 Posts: 174 Forumite
    edited 18 March 2016 at 10:38AM
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Lighthearted penguin about food.....

Oh No!!!! I'm sorry Pyxis - I didn't realise that this could be a penguin issue for some. hmm.... I'll have to call her mollywobbles instead. Is that better?

I'm really sorry if I've made things hard for some. I just love my dog so much that I have to talk about her. :(
  • tea_lover
    HM - I'm pretty sure Pyxis is pulling your (teeny-tiny sausage) legs :D

Aww... I want a little doggy cuddle!
  • tea_lover wrote: »
    I've made myself a project plan showing what needs to happen each day (starting from 6pm tonight when I get home from work!)
    If I did that, I'd just end up cross with myself when I'm not running on schedule, or wanted a break but the plan said it wasn't allowed :A

I'm very disorganised though, so that level of planning is never going to happen :rotfl:
  • TeaLover - fingers crossed. I really don't want to cause anyone upset. I'm a bit on edge today. Gonna have to pop out of the office in 5 for plasters for my fingers. They're so sore. :(

Ono - it takes a lot of organization to be that organised. lol - I try then fail miserably to get sorted like that....
  • tea_lover
    I'm much better at the planning than the actual work :D Plus it's the only way I can even attempt to get any sleep - if I've written down what I need to do the next day I can hopefully stop it all careering around my head so much.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback