Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• whitewing
    whitewing Posts: 11,852
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    :heartsmil When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because these weirdos are your true family.
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    *does one-sided Friday dance due to stiff neck*

I'm off work next week - very excited!! :D Am starting the decorating this evening.... less excited about that. I love it once I get to the painting part... it's the trying to move everything out of the way and sand woodwork part that does my head in.
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    A dog’s sense of smell is about 1,000 to 10,000,000 times more sensitive than a human’s (depending on the breed).

Dogs hear a wider range of frequencies than humans. Human hearing can detect sounds beginning at 20 hertz and ranging up to 12,000-20,000 hertz, depending on age. However dogs can hear in the range of 40-60,000 hertz, depending on breed and age

Quote:-
    "Not only can dogs perceive frequencies almost twice that of human ears, they can also hear sounds approximately four times farther away than humans. Imagine you’re in the middle of doing homework with the window open. Suddenly your dog goes running for the door, barking like crazy. It probably seems totally out of the blue, since nobody knocked or rang the doorbell.

A minute later, you hear a couple talking as they pass your house on the sidewalk with their dog. Even though you couldn’t hear the couple until they were right in front of the window, your dog heard all kinds of things long before you did. He heard their footsteps, their voices, even the jingling of tags on their pup’s collar.

This is because dogs have a much better hearing range than we do. What you hear at 20 feet, your dog can hear from 80 feet away. This super sense of hearing makes dogs well suited to guard the house and warn their owners when something is going on."
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Birdie85
    Birdie85 Posts: 9,330 Forumite
    Hello new thread! :j

WaS, I have laughed at your wild rice quandry! I don't think anyone would complain about you buying good, nutritious food with your benefits! Just think of the bad things that some people waste their money on! Oh, and drink the good coffee, for me! Life is too short for bad coffee and tea! ;)

Have fun decorating Tea! Are you got any sneak peeks to show us of what you're doing? :)

It's payday for me so I'm off to look at frivolous things [strike]that I don't need[/strike] to buy... :D
    Overcome the notion that you must be ordinary. It robs you of the chance to be extraordinary!
    Goal Weight 140lb Starting Weight: 160lb Current Weight 145lb
  • Izadora
    Izadora Posts: 2,047
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Morning All and hello new thread.

The number of times I've read the word "shiny" this morning has reminded me that my annual watching of Firefly is well overdue. Best I dust off the DVDs when I get home :D

WaS, I know it's not funny really but your rice dilemma made me laugh. It doesn't matter where it came from, it's your money to spend how you wish and buying good nutritious rice is in no way a bad way to use it. You could be blowing it all on fags and booze (not that there's anything wrong with doing that if you so desire) so try not to feel any guilt about it and enjoy the rice.
  • tea_lover
    Izadora wrote: »
    WaS, I know it's not funny really but your rice dilemma made me laugh. It doesn't matter where it came from, it's your money to spend how you wish

Exactly :) I don't tell my boss that I spend most of my wages on wool and biscuits :rotfl:.
  • jobbingmusician
    jobbingmusician Posts: 20,343
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    Ah Pyxis, but the book is about more interesting things than that. Dogs who know when their owner sets off unexpectedly for home from the other side of the world. Dogs who know when their owner is coming home unexpectedly in the middle of a war (again from a long distance) and other really unexplained phenomena. I promise you I am not totally hippy dippy - I am not into psychic phenomena, but wonder what is going on with these animals (not all dogs. African grey parrots are simply amazing!!!!)
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • Morning all on the new thread! Shiny shiny!

Aww Elsien, poor gitdog. I understand how you feel though, Sausagefeatures struggles with training - she gets terrible distracted all the time. I'm taking her to the beach on Sunday so she can see sand before we go to Sausage Dog club Easter weekend.

They must be psychic - mine knows when I'm home and when DH comes come. She knows when I'm down and need cheering up too as I normally get a little sausage in my lap and kisses on my nose.

Pay day for me today too (yey), custard slice o'clock.

Morning all, hugs and cwtches to you xx
    Back in the red :mad::mad:
    CC: £1829
    Overdraft: £2000
    Catalogues: £350
    Grocery Challenge: February 2016 £51/£300
    Earn £2016 in 2016: £0/£2016
  • tea_lover
    Have you got an actual sausage dog??? I'm so jealous! There is a sausage dog club weekend?!? That sounds like the cutest event ever :D If I ever had a dog it would be a little sausage dog.... but I think P cat might eat it :rotfl:.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback