Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Easyjet ONLY

Comments

• Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    "...your EUC claim has been sanctioned...." Is what they said.

That's a bit of an odd thing to write, but perhaps you can post the paragraph in which this half-sentence fits, and colleagues can offer you advice?
  • Mark2spark
    Mark2spark Posts: 2,306 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Yeah, I've not seen them use three dots before, and four dots after, either :cool:
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 28 January 2013 at 10:03AM
    .........please delete.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • vod
    vod Posts: 21 Forumite
    Hi, I applied to Easyjet for compensation for a delayed flight under the new EU rulings in early December. I filled in the template letter which states I require a reply within 14 days. They'll now have had the letter for 5-6 weeks and I've not heard a peep from them.

Has anyone else had to wait a while to hear back?
  • vod
    vod Posts: 21 Forumite
    The letter quoted this "I look forward to a full response to this letter within 14 days. If I do not receive a satisfactory response I intend to pursue my complaint further, which could mean taking it to court."

However, given that I wrote before the Christmas holidays and have seen on here that it was taking airlines longer to respond because so many people were contacting them, I didn't chase as quickly as I usually would.

I've now emailed them and have asked them to respond within five days.

It would be helpful to know how long others have had to wait and when you heard anything back. thanks
  • I have been fobbed off BY EJ after countless emails/letters to them concerning a 10 hour delay. According to EJ, the delay was due to a technical issue with the aircraft, which they claim to be 'EC'
    I have sent both the template letters but get the same response. I contacted the CAA who tell me they can't help because the flight was from another EU country (bulgaria) This, even though the delay was caused by the technical issue at Gatwick on it's way to Bulgaria. They advised me to contact the Bulgarian authorities. This I did, but they seem unaware of recent court rulings and could only suggest that I 'contact my lawer'.
    Does anyone know where I should go with this now?
  • richardw
    Do you have legal expenses cover with an insurance policy or premium bank account?
  • I don't think I do Richard, these are the things I usually ask to get removed to save a few quid :-)
  • richardw
    If you don't want to do a small claim yourself consider http://www.easyflightclaims.com/

Are you resident in Cornwall?
  • Thanks for the link, I didn't know such a service existed yet! Yes, I am resident in Cornwall...why do you ask?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback