Funding Circle slow selling

Options

Comments

• criston
    criston Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Investor Liquidity

Now at least 90 days to sell loan parts.

See the following.

Close gap between, ' . com'

http://p2pindependentforum. com/thread/14673/selling-loans-frame-updated-daily?page=1

Since 25/6/19, average selling times have extended by 1.7 days for every passing calendar day

If this trend continues, a sale started today (13/8/19) would complete in 243 days time (12/4/20)
  • MoneyGeoff
    MoneyGeoff Posts: 256 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Here's the link. It shouldn't be too long before you can post them, about 10 posts total I think.

http://p2pindependentforum.com/thread/14673/selling-loans-frame-updated-daily?page=1
  • criston
    criston Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Investor Liquidity

Now at least 93 days to sell loan parts.

Funding Circle state 'loan parts sold between 07/08/19 and 13/08/19 took on average 88 days to sell.' .

This is rather misleading, as it is based on a sale that was initiated 88 days previous to those dates, around mid May.

Selling times are extending by an average of 1.7 days for every passing calendar day, since 25/6/19, when processing loans were kept in the selling queue.

If the trend continues, a sell instruction initiated today (18/8/19) would take 8 months for the sale to go through.

However, if FC stand by their terms & conditions, selling could become impossible & I quote :-

'10.6. There is no guarantee that your Loan Parts will be transferred, nor any assurance as to how long it may take to do so. If a transfer has not been successful within 120 days after you make your request, we will delist the Loan Parts from the secondary market of the Funding Circle Platform. We will notify you if the transfer is not successful and you will continue to be the Investor in respect of the unsold Loan Parts.'

Hopefully Funding Circle will not allow the queue to extend that long, by changing their priorities.

The loans sold by sellers are all free from bad dept & late payments.

FC quote in their lending facts "Your funds will be lent to businesses who borrow over 6 months to 5 years, but you have options to access your money at any stage". This is also misleading.

Unable to ascertain if the wind down of the FC Investment Trust is jumping the queue.

If you are selling loans please visit the following & give your sell instruction date, especially if you have a date that fills in the gaps on the list.

http://p2pindependentforum.com/thread/14673/selling-loans-frame-updated-daily?page=1
  • danm
    danm Posts: 541 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    17th May listed - sold yesterday.
  • donstermonster
    Options
    27th may listed

9th September sold

When listed was told average of 56 days
    Actual time was 104 days

Second lot listed 7th July
    donstermonster :D
  • hahnchen
    Options
    According to Funding Circle, the average time to sell achieved last week was 101 days.

It is likely that loans being listed now will just hit the 120 day limit, and the sale will just be automatically cancelled. I wonder how they will communicate that to investors.

I opened a Funding Circle ISA 18 months ago. The annualised return is 2.6%, pathetic, considering how illiquid it turned out to be.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    hahnchen wrote: »
    I opened a Funding Circle ISA 18 months ago. The annualised return is 2.6%, pathetic, considering how illiquid it turned out to be.

2.6% beats both Gilts and Blue Chip Corporate bonds.
  • Ciprico
    Ciprico Posts: 554 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    FC is essentially out and out gambling...

As you have no say in selecting what loans you get any due diligence is impossible, so pure luck if the loans you are allocated are good or bad. (...and some are suspicious, for example "paying overdue tax bills" or "consolidating existing debts") I would suggest no one would volunteer to loan for such purposes without security or a significantly higher return.

Other P2P platforms (Ratesetter/Lending Works, +) share all the defaulted loans amongst all investors via a buffer contingency fund. (Which is ultimately funded by all investors)

Mathematically it may be the equivalent - one investor in ten taking a 100% hit compared to ten investors each taking a 10% hit - but it makes a big different to individual investors...
  • hahnchen
    Options
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    2.6% beats both Gilts and Blue Chip Corporate bonds.

Only because I have it in an ISA wrapper. I hold $JPST which has out-performed Funding Circle.
  • aroominyork
    Options
    STOP PRESS... Funding Circle now selling fast. Well, their shares are. From a launch at £4.40 less than a year ago you can now pick them up for just over a quid. Maybe that says it all about the stability and prospects of the company.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure