Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • IF
    • By IF 24th May 13, 11:40 AM
    • 34,136Posts
    • 87,523Thanks
    IF
    June's 2013 BR Club
    • 24th May 13, 11:40 AM
    June's 2013 BR Club 24th May 13 at 11:40 AM
    Hi Everyone and Welcome to the June's 2013 Bankruptcy Club

This club is for everyone who has gone or going through the process of Bankruptcy during June 2013. So please feel free to join and post.

Pop your name on here, the date that you went/are going Bankrupt. Then just keep everyone in the club updated throughout the next year about your BR journey. That way you can all stick together, compare notes and be there to support each other during the different stages of your Bankruptcies.

Remember this is your board so keep posting

Obviously anyone can come on here and post anything that will help and you are all welcome. Any important questions that need answering please still post them on the main board, as you will receive more advice and help.

~ Please do not include too much information as the IS (Insolvency Service) are known to frequent this forum and they may identify individual cases, so username and date only, thank you ~

IF

1.....................meep777..................... ... ..4th June 2013
    2..................wharty and Mrs W…………….....17th June 2013
    3......................sandie11………………………......3rd June 2013
    4......................TheGardener…………………....24th June 2013
    5......................dettelibre................. ......11th June 2013
    6..................Helpmeoutofthismess………......5th June 2013
    7.......................nikki_84…………………………...4th June 2013

Last edited by IF; 16-07-2013 at 1:25 PM.
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
Page 2
    • IF
    • By IF 13th Jun 13, 9:21 AM
    • 34,136 Posts
    • 87,523 Thanks
    IF

This club is for everyone who has gone or going through the process of Bankruptcy during June 2013. So please feel free to join and post.

Pop your name on here, the date that you went/are going Bankrupt. Then just keep everyone in the club updated throughout the next year about your BR journey. That way you can all stick together, compare notes and be there to support each other during the different stages of your Bankruptcies.

Obviously anyone can come on here and post anything that will help and you are all welcome. Any important questions that need answering please still post them on the main board, as you will receive more advice and help.

~ Please do not include too much information as the IS (Insolvency Service) are known to frequent this forum and they may identify individual cases, so username and date only, thank you ~

IF
    • wharty
    • By wharty 13th Jun 13, 5:11 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 645 Thanks
    wharty
    Hi please add me and my wife, we are filing on Monday.

Not nervous about the court, but the OR is the bit i am worried about. Nothing to hide so don't know what i am worried about. I had a business i closed last year so i suppose they will want all the accounts but that's no problem as i used an accountant.
    I am assuming i will have to have a face to face with the OR as i was in business.

Just worried they may reduce our outgoings to something stupid. We are already on the bread line so we can stay in the black on the SOA!
    • luvchocolate
    • By luvchocolate 13th Jun 13, 8:30 PM
    • 1,850 Posts
    • 1,719 Thanks
    luvchocolate
    Try not to worry I had a face to face interview as I had a few properties it was complicated. He was very understanding and moved some of my allowances around....no ipa, just be honest and cooperate as I am sure you will, and it will be ok. They want you to manage so you don't get in this situation again.
    The relief will come not always straight away......but it will come.
    Take care xx
  • sandie11
    Add me too. It's been two weeks now, the court and OR were fine, very helpful and said it's all straight forward.
    My bank closed my account though, after saying they wouldn't, completely without warning the day before money was due to go in. So that has caused a lot of stress.
    I have an appointment with Barclays tomorrow for a basic account, just hoping it goes through. I don't think it will though due to a previous business account with them.
    No idea what to do if it is refused, can you manage a year with no account until it is discharged.
    I am at the stage of wishing I hadn't done it but then it's a relief not to be getting letters every day.
    • IF
    • By IF 13th Jun 13, 8:56 PM
    • 34,136 Posts
    • 87,523 Thanks
    IF
    Hi please add me and my wife, we are filing on Monday.

Not nervous about the court, but the OR is the bit i am worried about. Nothing to hide so don't know what i am worried about. I had a business i closed last year so i suppose they will want all the accounts but that's no problem as i used an accountant.
    I am assuming i will have to have a face to face with the OR as i was in business.

Just worried they may reduce our outgoings to something stupid. We are already on the bread line so we can stay in the black on the SOA!
    Originally posted by wharty
    Hi wharty and welcome to June's BR club, I've added your name to post 1
    As ILC says you will be fine, deep breaths and we will be thinking of you on Monday.

Best wishes
    IF
    • IF
    • By IF 13th Jun 13, 8:57 PM
    • 34,136 Posts
    • 87,523 Thanks
    IF
    Add me too. It's been two weeks now, the court and OR were fine, very helpful and said it's all straight forward.
    My bank closed my account though, after saying they wouldn't, completely without warning the day before money was due to go in. So that has caused a lot of stress.
    I have an appointment with Barclays tomorrow for a basic account, just hoping it goes through. I don't think it will though due to a previous business account with them.
    No idea what to do if it is refused, can you manage a year with no account until it is discharged.
    I am at the stage of wishing I hadn't done it but then it's a relief not to be getting letters every day.
    Originally posted by sandie11
    Hi sandie11, welcome to June's BR Club. Could you let me know the date you went BR and I will add you to post 1
    IF
    • IF
    • By IF 13th Jun 13, 9:13 PM
    • 34,136 Posts
    • 87,523 Thanks
    IF
    I'm pleased court went well and sorry to hear about your bank account, who was it with?

I have my fingers crossed for you tomorrow with Barclays and do let us know how you get on.

The relief will set in soon......honest
    Best wishes
    IF
  • sandie11
    Thanks. I feel a lot better now, Barclays opened the account and the person I saw there was really nice.
    My old account was with Yorkshire Bank, I had been with them for 20 years so was a bit suprised at their behaviour.

Good Luck to anyone else going through this.
    • IF
    • By IF 14th Jun 13, 7:22 PM
    • 34,136 Posts
    • 87,523 Thanks
    IF
    Thanks. I feel a lot better now, Barclays opened the account and the person I saw there was really nice.
    My old account was with Yorkshire Bank, I had been with them for 20 years so was a bit suprised at their behaviour.

Good Luck to anyone else going through this.
    Brilliant, I'm pleased all went well with Barclays.

Unfortunately YB aren't BR friendly, even if they weren't a creditor......so unfair isn't it!!

What was the date you went BR, so I can amend post 1
    Last edited by IF; 14-06-2013 at 8:01 PM.
    • wharty
    • By wharty 17th Jun 13, 10:06 AM
    • 421 Posts
    • 645 Thanks
    wharty
    Well we have done it. Only took an hour and a half.

Clerks was very nice and the whole process was very easy.

Just gotta wait for the OR office to ring and arrange the big interview!

I actually feel really happy which isn't what i expected.

Life begins again!
    • IF
    • By IF 17th Jun 13, 1:23 PM
    • 34,136 Posts
    • 87,523 Thanks
    IF
    Well we have done it. Only took an hour and a half.

Clerks was very nice and the whole process was very easy.

Just gotta wait for the OR office to ring and arrange the big interview!

I actually feel really happy which isn't what i expected.

Life begins again!
    Originally posted by wharty

Hiya wharty, I'm pleased all went well and life so does begin again, congratulations

IF

• wharty
    • By wharty 17th Jun 13, 4:08 PM
    • 421 Posts
    • 645 Thanks
    wharty
    Hiya wharty, I'm pleased all went well and life so does begin again, congratulations

IF

Originally posted by ifwisheswerehorses...
    Hey thanks. Already making plans for the next couple of years!
    • Keeping Positive
    • By Keeping Positive 17th Jun 13, 4:49 PM
    • 4,665 Posts
    • 9,363 Thanks
    Keeping Positive
    Congratulations Wharty.
    May 2013 new beginnings
    • IF
    • By IF 21st Jun 13, 6:36 PM
    • 34,136 Posts
    • 87,523 Thanks
    IF
    Bump.........
    • TheGardener
    • By TheGardener 25th Jun 13, 12:30 PM
    • 2,913 Posts
    • 2,940 Thanks
    TheGardener
    June BR club
    Hi
    Hyperventilating over...I presented my petition at Court this morning, 25th. The process was straight forward and the Judge signed without seeing me and I am waiting for the OR's call. I'm not feeling elated or relived as such but I know it was the only practical course of action for me to take. I know the next few years will be tough but - they would have been even tougher if I hadn't done this. " sooner war - sooner peace" was my granddads way of saying best get it over with...

I have to say here that the chap from Step Change who took my call and helped me during my last minute meltdown over the BR forms yesterday was amazing and I am hugely grateful for his practical and moral support.

I'll let you know how it goes
    • dettelibre
    • By dettelibre 25th Jun 13, 4:33 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 30 Thanks
    dettelibre
    please add me to june list! i went bankrupt recently and although i had to see the judge (for less than 1 minute) the rest was fairly pain free and the OR interview was a doddle less than 15 minutes.
    • IF
    • By IF 26th Jun 13, 9:49 AM
    • 34,136 Posts
    • 87,523 Thanks
    IF
    Ok, i finally bit the bullet today and spoke to a debt adviser at Step Change.

It's a lot worse than i thought and i know things are going to get tough over the coming months, just when i really could do with a break after so many personal trauma's the last few years.

If i'm strong enough to have survived what i have then i'm sure i can hold my nerve with this..

*gulp*

Good luck staying sane everyone.
    Originally posted by bazra

I'm pleased you did bazra and please do start a new thread for any questions you need answering and maybe you will be joining July's or August's BR club in the future.

Best wishes and good luck
    IF
    • IF
    • By IF 26th Jun 13, 9:50 AM
    • 34,136 Posts
    • 87,523 Thanks
    IF
    Hi
    Hyperventilating over...I presented my petition at Court this morning, 25th. The process was straight forward and the Judge signed without seeing me and I am waiting for the OR's call. I'm not feeling elated or relived as such but I know it was the only practical course of action for me to take. I know the next few years will be tough but - they would have been even tougher if I hadn't done this. " sooner war - sooner peace" was my granddads way of saying best get it over with...

I have to say here that the chap from Step Change who took my call and helped me during my last minute meltdown over the BR forms yesterday was amazing and I am hugely grateful for his practical and moral support.

I'll let you know how it goes
    Originally posted by TheGardener

Hi TheGardener and welcome to June's BR Club, I've added your name to post 1.

I'm pleased all went well yesterday, the relief will set in soon…..honest and here's to your new start

Best wishes
    IF

• IF
    • By IF 26th Jun 13, 9:51 AM
    • 34,136 Posts
    • 87,523 Thanks
    IF
    please add me to june list! i went bankrupt recently and although i had to see the judge (for less than 1 minute) the rest was fairly pain free and the OR interview was a doddle less than 15 minutes.
    Originally posted by dettelibre
    Hi dettelibre and welcome to June's BR club, please could you let me know the date of your BR so I can amend post 1. Now your OR interview is over it's Onwards and upwards now

Best wishes
    IF
    • IF
    • By IF 26th Jun 13, 9:52 AM
    • 34,136 Posts
    • 87,523 Thanks
    IF

IF
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

103Posts Today

1,597Users online

Martin's Twitter