Jewsons Mis-quote

Hi, a few weeks ago I looked for the best price for a Sliding-Folding patio door. I found the best price online at Focus DIY (surprisingly!), which was £1206 including VAT & delivery.

Now, wanting to support local suppliers, I went to get a price from Jewsons. I went down there, and I told them the story above. I was quoted £1200 for the doors, so obviously I agreed to go ahead and order, as it was cheaper.

A few days later, they phoned and asked for card details, which of course I gave, as they'd said it was £1200. They did not say how much would be put on the card during the call.

A week or so later, the doors were delivered, and when I got home i was surprised to see that the actual price gone on the card was £1394 or so, and concluded they'd added VAT.

I have tried to reason with them that they mis-quoted me, but all they'll agree to is a 20% restocking fee (£275 or so – which is more than the difference I'd saved by going to Focus!).

Is there a way to get my money back by cancelling the payment – as it's wasn't what I'd authorised?

Any good advice appreciated!

Ta,

S
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills