Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    E34M5
    Parking eye - county court claim
    • 16th Oct 13, 7:31 PM
    Parking eye - county court claim 16th Oct 13 at 7:31 PM
    We have been ignoring letters from Parking Eye as per the advice of this forum and now my wife wants to pay, I can't attach the letter as I am a new user but I would value any advice on what to do. Do you think I should seek legal advice?

LETTER BEFORE COUNTY COURT CLAIM

Basically it says at the end of the letter that, "unless payment of 85 is made within the next 14 days further action will be taken and court proceedings will be issued, which will incur further costs. These costs will include, but are not limited to 50 solicitor's costs and 15 court claim issue fees."
Page 3
  • Pop queen
    DRP letter recv
    Watch out as PE have form for refusing to accept the driver's details and misquoting POFA 2012 as saying that you can only identify the driver within 28 days of receiving the PCN. That is complete cobblers. If you get a letter like that come back immediately.

Daisy
    Originally posted by zzzLazyDaisy
    So I stupidly ignored my originally letters from PE as I'd read old posts about this. I sent letters to DRP and PE telling them that I whilst I am the registered keeper I was not the driver and the should peruse a third party. Name and address for them was given- I used the template from here. DRP have replied stating " as per British parking associations (BPA) code of practice, point 22.7, the time to challenge the charge has now expired and therefore access to the Independant Appeals Service is no longer available. "
    They state as signs are correctly and clearly marked throughout the area, the terms have been breached and the charge is still payable.

Would be really grateful on some advise on how to proceed with this.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 21st Aug 14, 10:54 AM
    • 25,665 Posts
    • 41,653 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    You do need to start a new thread of your own, as we work on the basis of 'one case, one thread' so advice doesn't become confused and/or we have a complete free for all with any number of random cases being tagged on.

Help available via a new thread of your own.

HTH
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case papers, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day;
    show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • loopy_lass
    • By loopy_lass 28th Jan 15, 6:54 PM
    • 1,527 Posts
    • 554 Thanks
    loopy_lass
    debt recovery plus just opened RK letters as they live elsewhere
    im really confused about these parking notices, so forgive me but if i outline what has happened could someone point me in the right direction in the simpliest terms ...

the RK (and driver) no longer lives at this address but has been in touch and has given me permission to open their letters. apparently they received a parking ticket from minsterbaywatch Ltd on 27/8/2014,
    this was a train station car park and the machines were not working, the driver does not have a mobile phone so could not ring the providers.
    when they returned they had a parking ticket which was lost whilst moving away. they have now got a letter from Debt recovery plus Ltd saying reduced payment offer to avoid court proceeding ...

they have also done the rk details from DVLA, however the car was scrapped, well supposedly, as DVLA have written to say the new "registered keeper" needs the paperwork signing to transfere ownership (december 2014), DVLA have had this informaiton and lost it, this has now been rectified.

so what does this person do now? they have moved from york to london, i only have skype contact with them. what do i do if the balifs turn up???

regards LL
    THE CHAINS OF HABIT ARE TOO WEAK TO BE FELT UNTIL THEY ARE TOO STRONG TO BE BROKEN...
    • trisontana
    • By trisontana 28th Jan 15, 6:57 PM
    • 9,032 Posts
    • 13,987 Thanks
    trisontana
    im really confused about these parking notices, so forgive me but if i outline what has happened could someone point me in the right direction in the simpliest terms ...

the RK (and driver) no longer lives at this address but has been in touch and has given me permission to open their letters. apparently they received a parking ticket from minsterbaywatch Ltd on 27/8/2014,
    this was a train station car park and the machines were not working, the driver does not have a mobile phone so could not ring the providers.
    when they returned they had a parking ticket which was lost whilst moving away. they have now got a letter from Debt recovery plus Ltd saying reduced payment offer to avoid court proceeding ...

they have also done the rk details from DVLA, however the car was scrapped, well supposedly, as DVLA have written to say the new "registered keeper" needs the paperwork signing to transfere ownership (december 2014), DVLA have had this informaiton and lost it, this has now been rectified.

so what does this person do now? they have moved from york to london, i only have skype contact with them. what do i do if the balifs turn up???

regards LL
    Originally posted by loopy_lass
    Please see the post immediately above yours!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
    • loopy_lass
    • By loopy_lass 28th Jan 15, 7:19 PM
    • 1,527 Posts
    • 554 Thanks
    loopy_lass
    ive tried to understand the post you suggest sorry its too complicated... im not thick just have an illness thyat affects my memory and understanding x

ok just re read the thread you mention, i think i should start a new thread is that right?
    sorry, sound thick
    Last edited by loopy_lass; 28-01-2015 at 7:29 PM.
    THE CHAINS OF HABIT ARE TOO WEAK TO BE FELT UNTIL THEY ARE TOO STRONG TO BE BROKEN...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

89Posts Today

2,476Users online

Martin's Twitter