Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • skintchick
    • By skintchick 24th Oct 05, 11:50 AM
    • 14,668Posts
    • 23,339Thanks
    skintchick
    Can I freeze cream?
    • 24th Oct 05, 11:50 AM
    Can I freeze cream? 24th Oct 05 at 11:50 AM
    I freeze milk sucessfully, but can I freeze cream?

And what else can I freeze that's not obvious?

I'm single so I find stuff goes off before I can use it, so if I can freeze things like cream, cheese etc then I can portion it up when I get home and use it as I need it, without waste.

I'm thinking storecupboard/fridge type tihngs that would otherwise go off...

Also, what about eggs? I never get through a box of six before they go baaad. I'm guessing it's a no, though. Would they explode??
    DFW Nerd Club member 023...DFD 9.2.2007
    married 21 6 08 Angel babies' birth dates 3.10.08 * 4.3.11 * 11.11.11 * 17.3.12 * 2.7.12 My live baby's birth date 22 7 09 I'm due another baby at the end of July 2014!
Page 7
    • lcr24
    • By lcr24 25th Jan 12, 7:58 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    lcr24
    Freezing cream again
    There are all sorts of items in the Cooking section of the MEGA Index sticky listed under freezing - and cream and eggs are both in there to read about.

Originally posted by squeaky
    Just got to this old thread via Google and wondering what 'the Cooking section of the MEGA Index sticky' means? Apologies if it is obvious but I can't find any sections on the website with those headings from a brief browse...
  • calisto
    Damn... Just in the ASDA earlier and they had LOADS of Single Cream going for 10p per tub (600ml). I checked the label and noticed it is not suitable for freezing, so I only bought 1 tub for me, and another for the dogs (my dogs are NOT lactose intolerant).

It just hit me now, I could have bought all of them and made a mountain of Paneer (fresh Indian curd cheese). That I could have diced and frozen I am sure. Damn! Next time I will use my noodle.
    Last edited by calisto; 01-05-2012 at 2:33 AM.
    • camNolliesMUMMY
    • By camNolliesMUMMY 28th Aug 12, 3:08 PM
    • 893 Posts
    • 4,464 Thanks
    camNolliesMUMMY
    Quick cream question??
    Had mr a deliver my shopping and the cream lid is pierced!!! It tastes fine so I think it's been done in transit.
    Can I freeze the cream it was to make a curry but not till Friday or shall I just wrap it with cling?

Sorry if this has been posted or asked before but do t want it going to waste xxx
    Ds2 born 3/4/12 8lbs 8.5
    Ds1 born 28/4/07 9lb 8
    Frugal, thrifty, tight mum & wife and proud of it lol

Make money for Xmas challenge 2014 0/270
    • joshtfs
    • By joshtfs 28th Aug 12, 11:04 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    joshtfs
    I would personally just cling it up and, stored in the fridge, should keep until Friday
    What, 99p for everything? I'd take it off you if I had the room for it!
    • JulieGeorgiana
    • By JulieGeorgiana 29th Aug 12, 8:34 AM
    • 2,467 Posts
    • 12,987 Thanks
    JulieGeorgiana
    I freeze mine all the time and it works just fine.

You should phone MrT when these things happen, and they will refund you...
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!

Mortgage Free Wannabe
    Overpayments Made: 5400 - Interest Saved: 11,550 - Months Saved: 24
    • zippychick
    • By zippychick 29th Aug 12, 7:47 PM
    • 9,343 Posts
    • 17,889 Thanks
    zippychick
    ve merged this with our thread on freezing cream if you do feel it's going to go off

Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
    Norn Iron club member #380

• ostrichnomore
    So I froze some double cream without sweetening or whipping.

And it went all weird and granular - it's split I suppose. I did have some on some hot apple pie and it was ok when it all melted, just a bit lumpy. So I don't think it's going to kill us. but it's not as nice as it should be and frankly after blithely telling OH 'yes of course you can freeze cream' I'm a bit embarrassed about the result (he didn't have any).

I've got another bagful in the freezer. What can I do to disguise the damage? Cook with it? Heat it up? Any suggestions please?
    I am a long term poster using an alter ego for debts and anything where I might mention relationship problems or ex. I hope you understand
    [CENTER]LBM 08/03/11. Debts Family member 1600, HMRC NI 324.AA 137.45. Halifax credit card (debt sold to Arrow Global)673.49Mystery CCJ 252 Santander overdraft 239 0 .
  • Ajuea
    can i freeze whipping cream?
    Hi. I've got a question. I'm new in baking & decorating cakes. Yesterday I've buy the "Emborg Whipping Cream" it contain 35% -40% of fat. I have freeze it right away after I've got home. So my question is, can I still use the cream to make frosting for red velvet cupcake? what should i do, wait for it to be thaw first before whip or I can't use it at all? I'm worried if the cream wouldn't stiff and runny. Kindly advise me.
  • frugalk15
    Has anyone noticed that nearly everything in the fresh food bit in T says you can't freeze? I missed out on so many 'bargains' until I relised even things like stir fry mix, T way of making more money!!
    grocery budget Jan....26.38/200
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

338Posts Today

4,882Users online

Martin's Twitter