Saving for..?

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    What a great send off from your old work friends. It sounds like you made a real impact on them and will be sorely missed! I hope that your new work colleagues will be as nice

Well done in getting your car serviced, shopping, train tickets and also managing to put something into savings.

Have a great time with bf this weekend.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,907 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    It was never going to be easy leaving when you saw the thought put into your leaving gifts, however there is always the option of keeping in touch, but only if you are doing it for the right reasons.

I'm glad your service went well, here's to many more years of pottering around in your car!

Some of the big supermarkets are expensive, even with their own brand goods, but it was good for you to see the comparison.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend and wrap up as it's very windy and wet!
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Can't believe the weekend is almost over already! We had a quiet one eating rubbish which did bump up my weekly groceries again. I do need to up my weekly groceries to £30 I think to take weekends with BF into account but not yet, next weekends he's doing some work for the Uni which he does get paid for and he has lots of work to do. So not sure what I'm doing next weekend, will probably have a quiet one if that's ok with my neighbours :p

BF is home now and I'm doing laundry and catching up with my soaps. I'm really nervous for tomorrow but I'll soon be in the thick of it all and I know that extra money is going to help :)

Groceries: £30.59/£25
    Petrol: £15.01/£55
    Entertainment: £10.95
    Single woman doing it on my own... First house bought June 2021!
    Mortgage end date: 2041. Goal: Anything less!
    Mortgage currently paid off: 4%
  • savingwannabe
    Glad you had a good time with BF at weekend. Good luck for tomorrow. Stay positive you deserve this. :j:money::D:T:):A
  • Good luck in your new job tomorrow. Don't be nervous you will be fine. Go in with confidence that they hired you for a reason above all the others and be yourself I'm sure you will soon settle in with your new work colleagues.
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Thanks guys

First day went pretty well - I had to get a train up and looks like I will be there all this week @ £15 a day train fare... he was supposed to reimburse me today but I got busy so hopefully he does tomorrow. Had to pick up lunch and little bits and bobs but at least I know there is a fridge and cooking appliances I can use for leftovers for the rest of this week. Everyone was super nice and friendly, thank god and I'm so grateful for the friends I've made in previous jobs being so supportive and checking in on me :)

Groceries: £12.47/£25
    Petrol:£15.01/£55
    Entertainment: £10.95/£60

Nothing exciting happening this week which is probably for the best as I'm gonna be super skint this wage. Just spend it curled up in bed, pretty sure I deserve it after this week with all the new changes so my neighbours can suck it :p
  • savingwannabe
    Glad the training is going well and that work friends have been in touch. I hope you get your money refunded tomorrow.
  • I did get my money refunded and straight back into my bank :)

Don't have much to report - I had a "work from home" day aka online training. Back travelling tomorrow and then again on Monday but have plans for meetings closer to home and getting set up soon. My co-worker isn't starting until the following week which may be delaying things but I'm more than happy to get the ball rolling and then get her updated. I used to stay in low-pay jobs scared of responsibility but I think I'm ready to take some on.

Popped to Aldi today for some more groceries and spent £9.18... how expensive are oxo cubes?!

Groceries: £21.65/£25
    Petrol:£15.01/£55
    Entertainment: £10.95/£60

No plans this weekend, I do need to clean up quite a bit but don't have anything on. Looking forward to lie ins this weekend then another hopefully busy week and seeing bf at the end of it :)
  • Sounds like you are enjoying the new job well done on feeling able to take on more responsibility. Its great that your confidence is growing. Have a nice restful weekend.

Last time I bought oxo cubes I think they were from pound- land
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    Hope you are chilling. I'm sure the travelling and pressure of being with new people is quite tiring. Make sure that you treat yourself.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure