Old cine film

Options
CEON44
CEON44 Posts: 473 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
The other day I came across an old cine film in a long forgotten box. Ultimately I would like to get it transferred onto DVD which is possible. But I was wondering if there is an easy way to view the film now to get an idea as to whats on it. I have no idea what could be on it or where it came from so worried its contents could be dodgy ;) So some way of easily viewing it would be useful. Any ideas?
I started out with nothing......And still have most of it left:p

Comments

• CEON44
    Options
    BigAl94 wrote: »

Yes something like this would do but dear enough for what I need. Was hoping for a home made idea costing zero, just to even view one frame and see if it was something I recognised before getting it converted
  • joylikes2shop
    Options
    Did you get sorted with this ?

I had my mum & dads 60yr old wedding film put on to DVD by a guy in Comber about 2 years ago...He is a really lovely guy and I imagine he'd probably be able to let you know what is on the film before you decide if you'd like to have it put on to a DVD....let me know if you'd like his contact details...and unfortunately, I cant remember how much he charged :(
  • tealady
    tealady Posts: 3,742 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    This might be a long shot so aplogies if if it doesn't work.
    Have you looked to see if there is a local photography club who might have the kit to process a frame for you.
    Or they might have details of people who could advise.
    Find out who you are and do that on purpose (thanks to Owain Wyn Jones quoting Dolly Parton)
  • CEON44
    Options
    Did you get sorted with this ?

I had my mum & dads 60yr old wedding film put on to DVD by a guy in Comber about 2 years ago...He is a really lovely guy and I imagine he'd probably be able to let you know what is on the film before you decide if you'd like to have it put on to a DVD....let me know if you'd like his contact details...and unfortunately, I cant remember how much he charged :(
    No, never got it sorted. Forgot about it to be honest. But would still be keen to get it checked out. Viewing devices are too dear to buy for one off use. PM me the details of the guy in comber if you dont mind. Thanks
  • CEON44
    Options
    tealady wrote: »
    This might be a long shot so aplogies if if it doesn't work.
    Have you looked to see if there is a local photography club who might have the kit to process a frame for you.
    Or they might have details of people who could advise.
    Never thought of that. Worth a try I'll check out if there are any clubs in the area
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport