Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pgl3
    • By pgl3 18th Nov 18, 4:20 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    pgl3
    Charity vouchers
    • 18th Nov 18, 4:20 PM
    Charity vouchers 18th Nov 18 at 4:20 PM
    I'm thinking of giving charity vouchers as Christmas presents. I've come across a website called charityvouchers.org that says I can buy vouchers and the recipient specifies which charity gets the donation. I can't find anything online to confirm that this is reputable organisation. Does anyone out there have experience of this website? Thanks
Page 1
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 19th Nov 18, 12:14 AM
    • 40,181 Posts
    • 37,581 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    • 19th Nov 18, 12:14 AM
    • 19th Nov 18, 12:14 AM
    I don't, but they've been going since 2002 and members of NCVO, so not a flash in the pan.

I have heard of Everyclick, who seem to offer something similar, if that helps! I know the small sums I've raised through using them for searches have reached the charity I've nominated.
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
    • pgl3
    • By pgl3 19th Nov 18, 1:56 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    pgl3
    • 19th Nov 18, 1:56 PM
    • 19th Nov 18, 1:56 PM
    Thanks, Sue. I know their website says they've been operating since 2002; I just wanted some independent confirmation. It seems odd that I can't find anything online, except links to their own site. After 16 years, I would have expected to find some other references.
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 22nd Nov 18, 5:02 PM
    • 40,181 Posts
    • 37,581 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    • 22nd Nov 18, 5:02 PM
    • 22nd Nov 18, 5:02 PM
    Thanks, Sue. I know their website says they've been operating since 2002; I just wanted some independent confirmation. It seems odd that I can't find anything online, except links to their own site. After 16 years, I would have expected to find some other references.
    Originally posted by pgl3
    Yes, you would, wouldn't you? But I'd say it's good news if there are no negative reviews ... we are more prone to deliver a rant than a rave, aren't we?
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
    • PDC
    • By PDC 22nd Nov 18, 6:11 PM
    • 787 Posts
    • 551 Thanks
    PDC
    • 22nd Nov 18, 6:11 PM
    • 22nd Nov 18, 6:11 PM
    There is a mention of them from 2011 here, https://fundraising.co.uk/2011/04/01/farewell-caf-gift-vouchers/

The business running it seems to be Anglia Giving Ltd which has been around since 2002 - https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04441647/officers

And looks like the website has been there since 2007.

(I must say though from looking at the website I can see why you would question it as it doesn't really look that professional.)
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 23rd Nov 18, 1:43 AM
    • 40,181 Posts
    • 37,581 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    • 23rd Nov 18, 1:43 AM
    • 23rd Nov 18, 1:43 AM
    That's useful PDC. It makes me wonder whether most of us wouldn't prefer to decide which charities our recipients were going to support, rather than giving them that free choice - and there are so many gift vouchers for goats, loos, farms, schools etc etc etc that you can match a donation to a person quite easily.
    Still knitting!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,363Posts Today

7,753Users online

Martin's Twitter