Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Smudge's Lot
    • By Smudge's Lot 8th Nov 18, 3:47 PM
    • 58Posts
    • 17Thanks
    Smudge's Lot
    Portable Air Con Unit
    • 8th Nov 18, 3:47 PM
    Portable Air Con Unit 8th Nov 18 at 3:47 PM
    Did a search but nothing in the last 4 years..
    After the hot summer of 2018, I thought now would be the best time to buy an AC unit.
    Looking for any advice/recommendations from anyone who has one.
    It would need to cool a room of approx 4.5m x 3m.
    Looking ideally for a quietish one as this is for a bedroom.
    Do modern ones all need an outlet pipe to outside?
    I know there are some more energy efficient than others.

Any help gratefully received !!!!
Page 1
    • Nile
    • By Nile 9th Nov 18, 1:00 AM
    • 14,344 Posts
    • 14,292 Thanks
    Nile
    • 9th Nov 18, 1:00 AM
    • 9th Nov 18, 1:00 AM
    Hi, we move threads if we think they’ll get more help elsewhere (please read the forum rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.

I’ve moved your thread from the ‘I wanna’ to the ‘In my home’ board’, where it is better suited.

Regards

Nile
    Hi, I'm the Board Guide on the In my home (includes DIY) and the I wanna buy-it or do-it boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember that Board Guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com.

10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
    • Apodemus
    • By Apodemus 9th Nov 18, 7:07 AM
    • 1,147 Posts
    • 959 Thanks
    Apodemus
    • 9th Nov 18, 7:07 AM
    • 9th Nov 18, 7:07 AM
    I saw portable units in a shop last summer that (apart from the mains electricity lead) had no connection to the outside. Just how they work, I don’t know as the laws of physics dictate that the heat has to go somewhere! (The only options I could think off is that it works by evaporating a tank of water, or has a peltier which heats an insulated heat-sink).
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,317Posts Today

8,929Users online

Martin's Twitter