Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Eliza
    • By Eliza 4th Dec 17, 3:01 PM
    • 1,290Posts
    • 1,812Thanks
    Eliza
    0 WOW
    Best instant coffee?
    • 4th Dec 17, 3:01 PM
    0 WOW
    Best instant coffee? 4th Dec 17 at 3:01 PM
    Just wondered what anyone thinks is the classiest/best tasting instant coffee? I want to make up a small food-related gift for someone and include coffee in it. I know they don't have a coffee maker and are too lazy to make it from beans so thought a good jar of instant would be a good fit. They buy Gold Blend for themselves so obviously like a bit of flavour (?) but could do with some recommendations.

I tend to drink whatever's on offer myself so not very good at judging.

Thanks

ELiza
Page 3
    • maman
    • By maman 28th Mar 19, 8:55 PM
    • 20,703 Posts
    • 122,987 Thanks
    maman
    Lavazza Prontissimo is really nice, Azeera is also rather good, but the Intenso version is by far the best I have tasted lately - hot, bitter, without milk!
    Originally posted by muttley1976
    DH enjoys the Lavazza too. It's on offer in Sainsburys at £2.50 at the moment.
    • Bacman
    • By Bacman 29th Mar 19, 5:36 AM
    • 119 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    Bacman
    For me, I mix two instant coffees together; Asda own brand gold coffee and also Asda own brand dark roast. It works out a good cheap price however taste wise is far nicer than Dow Egberts, for example. The gold roast by itself is a bit bland and the dark roast a bit bitter, but mix the two together in equal proportions and it is really nice.
  • archived user
    I use supermarkets' own dark roast with half a teaspoon of Azera Intenso to give it that extra oomph
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 29th Mar 19, 7:52 AM
    • 13,345 Posts
    • 6,095 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    I was told by someone who should know only ever buy small jars of instant as it goes off to quick in big jars.
    • Bacman
    • By Bacman 29th Mar 19, 7:24 PM
    • 119 Posts
    • 101 Thanks
    Bacman
    Nope, depends on how much coffee you drink, logically.
    • ididntgetwhereiamtoday
    • By ididntgetwhereiamtoday 30th Mar 19, 5:54 AM
    • 1,375 Posts
    • 1,076 Thanks
    ididntgetwhereiamtoday
    I was told by someone who should know only ever buy small jars of instant as it goes off to quick in big jars.
    Originally posted by JJ Egan
    it does after 3 or 4 weeks. Best to keep it in the fridge.
    I really donít know why people drink instant coffee when filter coffee is so easy to make.
    Instant coffee just tastes horrible compared to real.
    I didn't get where i am today by not reading moneysavingexpert.com
    • PLRFD
    • By PLRFD 30th Mar 19, 8:39 AM
    • 843 Posts
    • 903 Thanks
    PLRFD
    The fridge thing for coffee is now regarded as a no no.
    • LadyDee
    • By LadyDee 30th Mar 19, 5:02 PM
    • 3,874 Posts
    • 4,179 Thanks
    LadyDee
    So far, of the coffees I've tried recently, I think Kenco Millicano is the best widely available, the worst in my opinion is Nescafe Azeera - which I think is gross.
    • elless80
    • By elless80 7th Apr 19, 5:55 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    elless80
    Cafedirect Machu Picchu Fair Trade - the green one. Think everywhere sells it now.

But for decaf I actually quite enjoy Sainsbury’s own.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,116Posts Today

7,797Users online

Martin's Twitter