Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sufcfan1
    • By sufcfan1 11th Jul 13, 6:52 AM
    • 42Posts
    • 10Thanks
    sufcfan1
    QuickQuid email - Have I been a victim of Fraud?
    • 11th Jul 13, 6:52 AM
    QuickQuid email - Have I been a victim of Fraud? 11th Jul 13 at 6:52 AM
    Hoping for some of the excellent advice of the people on here with regards to am email I recieved this morning, reportedly from 'QuickQuid'?

Now i may be many things, but I am not daft enough to go anywhere near these types, so I was hoping you might be able to point me in the right direction with regards to what my next step should be.

The credit licence number in the email is for the right company, so I am leaning towards this being from the company in question, but this is the first email i have ever had from them, and they have my name but the rest is a mystery.

Subject: Extended Repayment Plan Available: Prevent Sale To 3rd Party Collectors

Dear sufcfan1,
    Customer ID: *******
    Unless payment is made on your loan by 2 August 2013 it may be sold to a third party collection agency.
    To help you prevent this transfer your defaulted loan balance has been referred to the QuickQuid Final Resolution Department.
    QuickQuid will accept a re-payment plan over n/a months. Based on your outstanding balance of n/a this would be a monthly payment of n/a. Please contact our Final Resolution Department between 08:00 and 21:00 Mon - Fri at 0800 016 3114 to accept this offer or to learn about other options available. It is important to provide dates of payment when replying to this e-mail as the arrangement is incomplete without dates of payment.
    Once a payment plan is in place, collections activities will stop as long as payments are made on time. The only forms of payment accepted for this offer are Debit Card or Direct Debit Mandate. If your account information has changed please inform our agents so they can update your information.
    QuickQuid Final Resolution
Page 6
    • rizla king
    • By rizla king 11th Jul 13, 2:06 PM
    • 2,843 Posts
    • 1,903 Thanks
    rizla king
    http://www.ico.org.uk/complaints/handling/complain
    • quidsy
    • By quidsy 11th Jul 13, 2:10 PM
    • 2,024 Posts
    • 11,144 Thanks
    quidsy
    Had the same about an hour ago, did the online chat with quick quid & they say it was a technical error. I copied the transcript in case of issue later
    I don't respond to stupid so that's why I am ignoring you.

2015 2 saver #188 = 45
  • tinks1972
    Quick Quid Theives
    I got the letter below, I suffer from depression and it took me years to clear my debts due to this, when I got this I replied and said I had no loan with them which is true I also said that I would contact the financial ombudsman I was in a right state this morning wondering if I had actually done this and not realised on one of my bad days. These people need SHUTTING DOWN...

Customer ID: 2211989

Unless payment is made on your loan by 2 August 2013 it may be sold to a third party collection agency.

To help you prevent this transfer your defaulted loan balance has been referred to the QuickQuid Final Resolution Department.

QuickQuid will accept a re-payment plan over n/a months. Based on your outstanding balance of n/a this would be a monthly payment of n/a. Please contact our Final Resolution Department between 08:00 and 21:00 Mon - Fri at 0800 016 3114 to accept this offer or to learn about other options available. It is important to provide dates of payment when replying to this e-mail as the arrangement is incomplete without dates of payment.

Once a payment plan is in place, collections activities will stop as long as payments are made on time. The only forms of payment accepted for this offer are Debit Card or Direct Debit Mandate. If your account information has changed please inform our agents so they can update your information.

QuickQuid Final Resolution
    0800 016 3114
  • vusys1
    I eventually got through, I previously had a QQ loan over 2 years ago and paid straight off. Got through to an outsourced call centre (USA) they confirmed email sent in error to about 10,000 people and not to worry (in their mickey mouse happy way) .....you threaten to send a non existant debt to a 3rd party....... best thing was she said "be glad you got a succesfull response" how about recalling the 10,000 emails and sending out 10,000 appologise
  • iB1
    I wonder if they bought a "dodgy" list of emails from a 3rd party marketing company and then mistakenly spammed them out with the wrong e-mail template?
    • clive12
    • By clive12 11th Jul 13, 2:57 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 41 Thanks
    clive12
    I wonder if they bought a "dodgy" list of emails from a 3rd party marketing company and then mistakenly spammed them out with the wrong e-mail template?
    Originally posted by iB1
    Just been speaking to them for an hour they said their records show I made an enquiry back in 2009 but they dont know how this was made and its possible its via a third party.

They are refusing to delete my details even though they have no legal right to have them and they havent been used in 4 years.
  • tankmc
    ironic... i get a sales call from them today!
  • glasgowsaver2011
    Subject: Inadvertent Email, Our Apologies
    Click here if you are unable to see the message below
    <http://enovaintl.rsys5.net/pub/cc?_ri_=X0Gzc2X%3DWQpglLjHJlYQGjzfMezdTIbEgFzbzbUa MomagCDzeszfbczeakzciRVXtpKX%3DUSTTW&_ei_=Em21Gr7B KWcpEU6YtLfpq_Yjw0ngueSW7qGEAMJfXS-OcOpI3YJEeQVSaJzb9Koz5QikqTsyNuUFf48YgThdDjTgyuI5X tMlpn02ORyxQIixD5EZVca9vOSY1hv9k5Mkm7KCL8Nvh_WUOE2 fGKncJydPmoYkA2pXdORI0Lul6GA4qM.>To ensure delivery to your inbox, please add support@email.quickquid.co.uk to your address book
    Dear Steven,
    Earlier today, an erroneous email message was sent to a number of QuickQuid customers. This email was sent in error and should be disregarded. We are working diligently to determine how this happened and apologise for any inconvenience or alarm this message may have caused.
    Any customers who wish to speak with a QuickQuid representative should contact 0808 234 4558. Please note, our call centre is currently receiving a high volume of calls and therefore customers may experience longer wait times than normal.
    Regards,
    Arad Levertov
    QuickQuid
  • happygirl148
    just got this 1 from them

Earlier today, an erroneous email message was sent to a number of QuickQuid customers. This email was sent in error and should be disregarded. We are working diligently to determine how this happened and apologise for any inconvenience or alarm this message may have caused.
    Any customers who wish to speak with a QuickQuid representative should contact 0808 234 4558. Please note, our call centre is currently receiving a high volume of calls and therefore customers may experience longer wait times than normal.

Regards,
    Arad Levertov
    QuickQuid
    • Larac
    • By Larac 11th Jul 13, 4:21 PM
    • 875 Posts
    • 560 Thanks
    Larac
    I got the apology email from them about hour ago - strange it went into my junk mail whereas the one this morning did not..
    As I have never been a client of this company, I have no idea how they got my email address. Really did not want that sort of grief at 8am this morning, not a good start to the day.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 11th Jul 13, 4:56 PM
    • 22,569 Posts
    • 24,796 Thanks
    zx81
    strange it went into my junk mail whereas the one this morning did not
    Originally posted by Larac
    I'd imagine that after having sent out two huge emails in a single day, they have at least been temporarily blacklisted by at least some ISPs.
    • InvernessIron
    • By InvernessIron 11th Jul 13, 5:53 PM
    • 71 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    InvernessIron
    Not received an apology email as of yet.
    • sexyshark
    • By sexyshark 11th Jul 13, 6:10 PM
    • 298 Posts
    • 1,081 Thanks
    sexyshark
    I got the apology email but not the email it was apologising about
    Sealed pot member 095 SPC No 7 578.32
    sealed pot No 8 Target 750 TOTAL 1059.86
    sealed pot no 9 Target 1200 TOTAL 1073.38
    sealed pot no 10 Target 1200 TOTAL 1209
    sealed pot No 11 target 1250 total TBC
    • rizla king
    • By rizla king 11th Jul 13, 6:37 PM
    • 2,843 Posts
    • 1,903 Thanks
    rizla king
    I got the apology email but not the email it was apologising about
    Originally posted by sexyshark
    lol. With QQ's stellar level of competency, they've probably spammed a new set of completely unrelated people with the apology by mistake.
  • Erinnire
    It took them nearly 10 hours to send out that apology, which looks like it took what 30secs for them to throw together... Why couldn't they have sent that when they realised what had happened at 9am (I assume office hours) this morning?
    ERIN1: Erin is a female who has the body of a goddess and the brain of a genius. Men are drawn to her good looks and her awsome sense of humour. Out of all the females in the world its the Erins who rule.
    ERIN2:
    Erin has super powers no other human could possibly fathom; She is more powerful than Chuck Norris.
    • keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    • By keepcalmandstayoutofdebt 11th Jul 13, 9:43 PM
    • 3,607 Posts
    • 1,908 Thanks
    keepcalmandstayoutofdebt
    It took them nearly 10 hours to send out that apology, which looks like it took what 30secs for them to throw together... Why couldn't they have sent that when they realised what had happened at 9am (I assume office hours) this morning?
    Originally posted by Erinnire
    ...Because their not really of this country...

Always had poor english, ...still allowed to practise
    RIP my Rags. 16/06/19 at 4am
    Know I had to moneysave but you didn't have to go
    x
  • TinyDancer2012
    I have never had a loan off Quick Quid also. Just rung Quick Quid - after getting on the phone to them after a morning of worry all the guy could say was "yes I'm sorry we accidentally sent it to everyone we have an e-mail address for" - when I explained that I had been on the phone to the bank all morning worried that I had been a victim of fraud all he could say was "Like I said I'm sorry we accidentally sent to everyone i error" with no concern for the fact that I had been running around like a headless chicken! When I said this he just put the phone down so I could hear the noise in the call centre and ignored me at which point I hung up. If we'd had a loan from them and accidentally forgotten to pay that loan off they wouldn't accept such a relaxed apology off us now would they?

Somebody needs to investigate this company - you don't just send out final demands in error and think it's alright to worry people and not even care
    • Gordon Hose
    • By Gordon Hose 12th Jul 13, 4:26 PM
    • 6,057 Posts
    • 4,113 Thanks
    Gordon Hose
    I've never had a QQ loan, so not sure how they got my email address.

Anyway, the email went straight in the bin.
    • Dave save
    • By Dave save 12th Jul 13, 8:19 PM
    • 314 Posts
    • 288 Thanks
    Dave save
    Quickquid's ''Final Resolution Department'' sounds sinister!
    • SnooksNJ
    • By SnooksNJ 13th Jul 13, 8:42 AM
    • 750 Posts
    • 1,318 Thanks
    SnooksNJ
    Is it even legal to send out emails demanding money from people who don't owe money threatening legal action if they don't pay? If a commercial with some secret subliminal message that if you borrow 300 you will live like Kerry Katona was pulled something should definitely be done about this.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,278Posts Today

7,866Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LeedsWomensAid: We are pleased to see @MartinSLewis raising awareness about the important issue of financial abuse. Have a read of his?

• Didn't get your MSE weekly email today - for some reason Microsoft (inc outlook hotmail) filed many as spam so chec? https://t.co/GH6aH9CBTn

• RT @Gumtree: @MartinSLewis Hi Martin, we do not tolerate unscrupulous advertising by third parties on the Gumtree platform and are working?

• Follow Martin