Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sufcfan1
    • By sufcfan1 11th Jul 13, 6:52 AM
    • 42Posts
    • 10Thanks
    sufcfan1
    QuickQuid email - Have I been a victim of Fraud?
    • 11th Jul 13, 6:52 AM
    QuickQuid email - Have I been a victim of Fraud? 11th Jul 13 at 6:52 AM
    Hoping for some of the excellent advice of the people on here with regards to am email I recieved this morning, reportedly from 'QuickQuid'?

Now i may be many things, but I am not daft enough to go anywhere near these types, so I was hoping you might be able to point me in the right direction with regards to what my next step should be.

The credit licence number in the email is for the right company, so I am leaning towards this being from the company in question, but this is the first email i have ever had from them, and they have my name but the rest is a mystery.

Subject: Extended Repayment Plan Available: Prevent Sale To 3rd Party Collectors

Dear sufcfan1,
    Customer ID: *******
    Unless payment is made on your loan by 2 August 2013 it may be sold to a third party collection agency.
    To help you prevent this transfer your defaulted loan balance has been referred to the QuickQuid Final Resolution Department.
    QuickQuid will accept a re-payment plan over n/a months. Based on your outstanding balance of n/a this would be a monthly payment of n/a. Please contact our Final Resolution Department between 08:00 and 21:00 Mon - Fri at 0800 016 3114 to accept this offer or to learn about other options available. It is important to provide dates of payment when replying to this e-mail as the arrangement is incomplete without dates of payment.
    Once a payment plan is in place, collections activities will stop as long as payments are made on time. The only forms of payment accepted for this offer are Debit Card or Direct Debit Mandate. If your account information has changed please inform our agents so they can update your information.
    QuickQuid Final Resolution
Page 1
  • gb12345
    • 11th Jul 13, 6:59 AM
    • 11th Jul 13, 6:59 AM
    A quick google of the phone number would indicate that it is legitimate, so it sounds like someone has taken a loan out in your name.

What is worrying is that they have your email address, which would indicate that was used to take the loan out.

Have you noticed any suspicious transactions on your bank accounts or any other emails relating to loans?

You need to ring them and let them know that you have never taken a loan out with them. Also, check your credit histories with the 3 agencies for any other suspicious transactions
    Last edited by gb12345; 11-07-2013 at 7:01 AM. Reason: Additional info
  • Erinnire
    • 11th Jul 13, 7:05 AM
    • 11th Jul 13, 7:05 AM
    I was just about to post the exact same email! It has my name on but no debt information... I was freaking out until now. To both get the exact same email must be a scam?

QQ Final Resolution Team <escalation@email.quickquid.co.uk>
    06:09 (1 hour ago)

to me
    Click here if you are unable to see the message below

Dear Erinire,
    Customer ID: *******

Unless payment is made on your loan by 2 August 2013 it may be sold to a third party collection agency.

To help you prevent this transfer your defaulted loan balance has been referred to the QuickQuid Final Resolution Department.

QuickQuid will accept a re-payment plan over n/a months. Based on your outstanding balance of n/a this would be a monthly payment of n/a. Please contact our Final Resolution Department between 08:00 and 21:00 Mon - Fri at 0800 016 3114 to accept this offer or to learn about other options available. It is important to provide dates of payment when replying to this e-mail as the arrangement is incomplete without dates of payment.

Once a payment plan is in place, collections activities will stop as long as payments are made on time. The only forms of payment accepted for this offer are Debit Card or Direct Debit Mandate. If your account information has changed please inform our agents so they can update your information.

escalation@quickquid.co.uk
    0800 016 3114
    www.QuickQuid.co.uk
    ERIN1: Erin is a female who has the body of a goddess and the brain of a genius. Men are drawn to her good looks and her awsome sense of humour. Out of all the females in the world its the Erins who rule.
    ERIN2:
    Erin has super powers no other human could possibly fathom; She is more powerful than Chuck Norris.
  • techrigger
    • 11th Jul 13, 7:09 AM
    This is a scam, as I have also received the same email this morning, if you google the scam it is quite common, this company is a great example of why this sector needs urgent regulation and a overhaul.
    Dont even bother replying, it is against all regulations to be contacted like this with proposals which include N/A in them, apparently this is their get out.
    • djm
    • By djm 11th Jul 13, 7:09 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    djm
    I've also received a similar email. The customer number on mine is legit so I believe it's a genuine email from them rather than a scam.

However, I reckon they've made a mistake and sent out a template email to the wrong set of customers. Note that there's no details of the loan:

"QuickQuid will accept a re-payment plan over n/a months. Based on your outstanding balance of n/a this would be a monthly payment of n/a."

I've emailed them to confirm, but I suspect we'll be emailed out an apology soon.

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity" ;-)
    • Glennn
    • By Glennn 11th Jul 13, 7:15 AM
    • 127 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    Glennn
    • 11th Jul 13, 7:15 AM
    I think it is a mistake from them. I got the same email as I am registered with them but no loan. When I got the email I went onto quickquid and reset my password. Once I had logged in I checked the loan history and no loans were taken out.
  • Erinnire
    I've never had a load with QuickQuid so unsure how they even have my details? let alone a customer reference number.
    ERIN1: Erin is a female who has the body of a goddess and the brain of a genius. Men are drawn to her good looks and her awsome sense of humour. Out of all the females in the world its the Erins who rule.
    ERIN2:
    Erin has super powers no other human could possibly fathom; She is more powerful than Chuck Norris.
  • Revengeissweet
    • 11th Jul 13, 7:16 AM
    • 11th Jul 13, 7:16 AM
    Me too! I have used Quick Quid only the once, as there was a great cashback deal through Quidco. The worrying thing is it looks so legit. Think I may call and see whats going on!
  • tgtgreen
    • 11th Jul 13, 7:20 AM
    • 11th Jul 13, 7:20 AM
    I TOO HAVE HAD THE EMAIL IS MORNING AND AM NOT A QQ CUSTOMER SO WHY WOULD MY EMAIL BE ON THERE SENDERS LIST HAVE NEVER HAD A LOAN WITH THESE OR ANY OTHER PDL COMPANY.

Dear MY NAME,
    Customer ID: ******

• happygirl148
    quick quid [merged]
    just received this email and i have never had a loan with them ?

tried to contact them via live chat and it says i have to wait 30 mins to speak to someone

Extended Repayment Plan Available: Prevent Sale To 3rd Party Collectors

QQ Final Resolution Team <escalation@email.quickquid.co.uk>

Dear xxx x xxxxx
    Customer ID: xxxxxx

escalation@quickquid.co.uk
    0800 016 3114
    www.QuickQuid.co.uk
  • Erinnire
    lots of us have got these this morning. Seems its some sort of error

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4698253
    ERIN2:
  • RHansen
    Same email
    I have also received this email. I would call Quick Quid on the number provided on the website, not the one in the email, you don't know who you are talking to! I have been a victim of identity fraud recently and also would advise all of you who have received this email to check your bank statements carefully. This looks like a scam (phishing) email to me, but better safe than sorry.
  • neiltallen
    Ive ahd the same email, and i do have current loan with them - payments are all up to date, so was shocked to see this email (they norammly jsut phone from the states if there is a problem).
    Cant physically check my quickquid accoutn as it is blocked at work, but no phone calls so i assume iam ok.
  • happygirl148
    just had the same email and never had a loan with them. weird
    • djm
    • By djm 11th Jul 13, 7:26 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    djm
    It sounds like lots of people are getting this email this morning and I've seen it mentioned on other forums too. Smells to me like an email run has been triggered for the wrong customers.

I'm putting it down to an error on their part, and to be honest I'm not bothered about them asking me to pay off a loan of "n/a".

My plan is to hang-fire and wait for them to send their "oops we made a mistake" message :-)
  • RHansen
    Wrong number
    Hi all,

Don't use the number in the email. It is not listed on the Quick Quid website anywhere. I suspect phishing. Do not give out your personal details via the phone number in the email. All legit Quick Quid numbers are currently unavailable - no ring tone, disconnect tones after a pause. I just rang them. Good luck folks. Keep us all posted with your progress.
  • gb12345
    Hi all,

Don't use the number in the email. It is not listed on the Quick Quid website anywhere. I suspect phishing. Do not give out your personal details via the phone number in the email. All Quick Quid numbers are currently unavailable - no ring tone, disconnect tones after a pause. Good luck folks. Keep us all posted with your progress.
    Originally posted by RHansen
    It is listed on their website - it is on the FAQs page under "How to cnacel a CPA".
  • PaulRamone
    Both myself and My Partner got this email this morning on separate email accounts and neither of us have ever used quick quid so im guessing we just ignore it.
  • Figtree
    I've received exactly the same email this morning (with the relevant customer number). It looks like an admin error. I did use them once a long time ago.

Twitter is also full of reports of people getting the same email this morning. Nothing on quickquid's twitter account or website yet...

I hope they do the right thing and contact all the affected people to apologise for the error. There are a lot of vulnerable people who would find this sort of email very distressing.
    • Boobydoo
    • By Boobydoo 11th Jul 13, 7:31 AM
    • 111 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    Boobydoo
    Answered my question too as I received one this morning.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

878Posts Today

5,945Users online

Martin's Twitter