Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 1st Aug 13, 10:51 AM
    • 2,324Posts
    • 971Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    MSE News: Vodafone ups call costs for PAYG customers
    • 1st Aug 13, 10:51 AM
    MSE News: Vodafone ups call costs for PAYG customers 1st Aug 13 at 10:51 AM
    "From today Vodafone PAYG customers will be charged per minute for calls, rather than per second..."

Read the full story:

Vodafone ups call costs for PAYG customers

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Page 1
    • DonnySaver
    • By DonnySaver 1st Aug 13, 11:26 AM
    • 476 Posts
    • 187 Thanks
    DonnySaver
    • 1st Aug 13, 11:26 AM
    • 1st Aug 13, 11:26 AM
    Goodbye Vodafone!

Hello GiffGaff !
    • ashleyriot
    • By ashleyriot 1st Aug 13, 11:36 AM
    • 89 Posts
    • 122 Thanks
    ashleyriot
    • 1st Aug 13, 11:36 AM
    • 1st Aug 13, 11:36 AM
    Vodafone says the change means customers will "always know exactly how many minutes you have left".

As opposed to knowing how many seconds you had left?

This is still far too complex - round it to the nearest hour so that it's much easier...
    • Cisco001
    • By Cisco001 1st Aug 13, 1:40 PM
    • 3,074 Posts
    • 1,325 Thanks
    Cisco001
    • 1st Aug 13, 1:40 PM
    • 1st Aug 13, 1:40 PM
    Who cares?
    There are lots of other cheaper provider.
    • gjchester
    • By gjchester 1st Aug 13, 3:48 PM
    • 5,603 Posts
    • 1,773 Thanks
    gjchester
    • 1st Aug 13, 3:48 PM
    • 1st Aug 13, 3:48 PM
    There are lots of other cheaper provider.
    Originally posted by Cisco001
    Maybe today but some things got to go up to cover the potential profit loss due to EU roaming costs.

All providers have to implement the cuts to EU roaming costs so I'd expect all networks will start these type of moves to retain their profit margin for shareholders.
    • Orrin
    • By Orrin 1st Aug 13, 4:09 PM
    • 425 Posts
    • 312 Thanks
    Orrin
    • 1st Aug 13, 4:09 PM
    • 1st Aug 13, 4:09 PM
    Vodafone have PAYG customers?
    • ZhugeEX
    • By ZhugeEX 1st Aug 13, 5:20 PM
    • 1,154 Posts
    • 461 Thanks
    ZhugeEX
    • 1st Aug 13, 5:20 PM
    • 1st Aug 13, 5:20 PM
    Vodafone have PAYG customers?
    Originally posted by Orrin
    8 million of them.
  • happy to be here
    • 1st Aug 13, 7:15 PM
    • 1st Aug 13, 7:15 PM
    I'll be completely honest, the only reason I'm still with them after years of incompetence from them is my own laziness :/
    Going to have to make a change asap!
    • Orrin
    • By Orrin 1st Aug 13, 9:02 PM
    • 425 Posts
    • 312 Thanks
    Orrin
    • 1st Aug 13, 9:02 PM
    • 1st Aug 13, 9:02 PM
    8 million of them.
    Originally posted by ZhugeEX
    A fool and his money, etc.
  • web deb
    This explains why we have been unable to top up our phones with the Freedom Freebies package ( we have 3 phones on Vodafone) none have been able to top up with a freedom freebie either online or be phoning their number, 'service temporarily unavailable' this has been going on for about 3 weeks now. Time to look for a new provider.
  • Vodafone
    Hi web deb,

Sorry to see this.

If you still need some help could you email me with your details via the link in our profile here?

All you need to do is copy and paste the link into your web browser and it'll take you to the Contact us form on our website. To make sure it reaches me could you also quote the code WRT135 - MSE in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK
    ďOfficial Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Vigour
    I presume this is legal?
    I'll be completely honest, the only reason I'm still with them after years of incompetence from them is my own laziness :/
    Going to have to make a change asap!
    Originally posted by happy to be here
    Heard today from Vodafone (I am on a monthly contract), that from now, customers who pay there bill by any system other that direct debit, will be charged an extra £3.53 + VAT per month. Now I am sure that Vodafone have carefully checked their position but ..? also if any other payment system is used they will charge a penalty - 2% I believe.
    This to me smacks of cash flow problems! They assure me that under the terms of their agreement with customers they can do this (I challenged them on what I believed was a change in the original contract - seems they've got that covered. Anyone any comments - a way out of the contract?
  • DaveAA
    Maybe they're trying to scrape together some cash to pay their outstanding tax bill?
    • NFH
    • By NFH 11th Sep 13, 8:35 PM
    • 4,329 Posts
    • 1,415 Thanks
    NFH
    Heard today from Vodafone (I am on a monthly contract), that from now, customers who pay there bill by any system other that direct debit, will be charged an extra £3.53 + VAT per month. Now I am sure that Vodafone have carefully checked their position but ..? also if any other payment system is used they will charge a penalty - 2% I believe.
    This to me smacks of cash flow problems! They assure me that under the terms of their agreement with customers they can do this (I challenged them on what I believed was a change in the original contract - seems they've got that covered. Anyone any comments - a way out of the contract?
    Originally posted by Vigour
    There is another thread on this specific subject. Please post there.

Vodafone Direct Debit No Charge
    • Robin Davies
    • By Robin Davies 6th Nov 13, 2:45 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 26 Thanks
    Robin Davies
    Where is the cheapest PAYG MSE?
    Screwed up by ASDA mobile's U-turns I'm looking for the cheapest PAYG provider that supports a 2G phone. To my surprise, MSE does not have a ready-made answer to this. Where can I go for help, ?
    • ZhugeEX
    • By ZhugeEX 6th Nov 13, 4:08 PM
    • 1,154 Posts
    • 461 Thanks
    ZhugeEX
    Screwed up by ASDA mobile's U-turns I'm looking for the cheapest PAYG provider that supports a 2G phone. To my surprise, MSE does not have a ready-made answer to this. Where can I go for help, ?
    Originally posted by Robin Davies
    Look at Ovivo and Giff Gaff.
    • warhead
    • By warhead 6th Nov 13, 4:53 PM
    • 319 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    warhead
    As mentioned above there is Giff Gaff (which is part of O2) who charge 10p a minute and now Sainsburys supermarket have teamed up with Vodafone to offer calls at 8p a minute and according to their website there is no minimum call charge and they charge by the second.
    Ovivo work on the principle of sending adverts to your smartphone to fund the service so it's not suitable for basic 2G only phones.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,012Posts Today

7,229Users online

Martin's Twitter