Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sufcfan1
    • By sufcfan1 11th Jul 13, 6:52 AM
    • 42Posts
    • 10Thanks
    sufcfan1
    QuickQuid email - Have I been a victim of Fraud?
    • 11th Jul 13, 6:52 AM
    QuickQuid email - Have I been a victim of Fraud? 11th Jul 13 at 6:52 AM
    Hoping for some of the excellent advice of the people on here with regards to am email I recieved this morning, reportedly from 'QuickQuid'?

Now i may be many things, but I am not daft enough to go anywhere near these types, so I was hoping you might be able to point me in the right direction with regards to what my next step should be.

The credit licence number in the email is for the right company, so I am leaning towards this being from the company in question, but this is the first email i have ever had from them, and they have my name but the rest is a mystery.

Subject: Extended Repayment Plan Available: Prevent Sale To 3rd Party Collectors

Dear sufcfan1,
    Customer ID: *******
    Unless payment is made on your loan by 2 August 2013 it may be sold to a third party collection agency.
    To help you prevent this transfer your defaulted loan balance has been referred to the QuickQuid Final Resolution Department.
    QuickQuid will accept a re-payment plan over n/a months. Based on your outstanding balance of n/a this would be a monthly payment of n/a. Please contact our Final Resolution Department between 08:00 and 21:00 Mon - Fri at 0800 016 3114 to accept this offer or to learn about other options available. It is important to provide dates of payment when replying to this e-mail as the arrangement is incomplete without dates of payment.
    Once a payment plan is in place, collections activities will stop as long as payments are made on time. The only forms of payment accepted for this offer are Debit Card or Direct Debit Mandate. If your account information has changed please inform our agents so they can update your information.
    QuickQuid Final Resolution
Page 4
  • AlexWilliamson
    I have spoken to them on the phone and they claim it is a 'system error'
  • AlexWilliamson
    I have spoken to them. It is a 'system error', according to the person I spoke to
  • tankmc
    Originally posted by AlexWilliamson
    They really need to send a email and FAST then stating that.
  • gb12345
    Originally posted by AlexWilliamson
    A strange 'system error' that apparently lets them hold details of people (like MarleyBoy on a previous post) who have never had any dealings with them.
    • Fruit and Nut Case
    • By Fruit and Nut Case 11th Jul 13, 10:02 AM
    • 3,982 Posts
    • 2,973 Thanks
    Fruit and Nut Case
    I'm feeling lonely and abandoned. I did not have an e-mail from them this morning. Is it something that even my best friend won't tell me?
    Originally posted by iolanthe07
    Glad it's not just me. This is for everyone who didn't get the e-mail.
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
  • AlexWilliamson
    they said to make a complaint if I so desired which I did. Here it is

DearSirs,

I wish to make a formal complaintconcerning an e-mail I received from yourselves this morning. In thee-mail(which I am happy to provide should you require it) it stated that 'Unless payment is made on your loan by 2August 2013 it may be sold to a third party collection agency'. However,the actual amount was stated as owed by the e-mail is n’/a’ which I assumedmeans not applicable (i.e, I do not have an outstanding balance). I thereforecontacted your collection team who confirmed that I did not have any suchoutstanding balance and the e-mail was as a result of a ‘system error’. Firstly,at the present time, there is currently no explanation or apology available onyour website concerning the error which has meant that I have had to use my owntime and expense in investigating a situation which has been wholly caused byyour mistake. In addition, I do notunderstand how it is possible for the e-mail to have been sent without any humanintervention.

However, itconcerns me more that your company can make such a mistake concerning the statusof my account and it leaves me unsure as to wherever I can have confidence inusing your services in the future. Asyou can no doubt understand, this e-mail has caused me a significant amount ofstress and the lack of a public acknowledgement of it leads me to believe thatthe company does not want to take reasonability for their actions. In summary,I would like a full explanation of how this situation arose and how the companycan deem it acceptable for it to have transpired.

I lookforward to your response

AlexWilliamson
    • Candy53
    • By Candy53 11th Jul 13, 10:10 AM
    • 2,471 Posts
    • 2,831 Thanks
    Candy53
    I haven't got one.

Now, most of you, and there are many, have had nothing to do with these people. They now say it was a system error, so how did they have all of your email addresses?

Candy
    What goes around, comes around.
  • Jimmy Jangle
    That's irrelevant Candy - this is a !!!! up.

I've just forwarded this and a copy of the email on to the Sun for sh*ts and giggles, let's see what they'll make of it!
  • tankmc
    A strange 'system error' that apparently lets them hold details of people (like MarleyBoy on a previous post) who have never had any dealings with them.
    Originally posted by gb12345
    As i have said they own other companies such as Pounds to Pocket, they may have had a loan with them. Even applying for a loan, once they have your email its with them for life.
    • fermi
    • By fermi 11th Jul 13, 10:14 AM
    • 39,669 Posts
    • 47,650 Thanks
    fermi
    Several threads on same topic now merged.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Debt-Free Wannabe, Bankruptcy, Credit Cards and Loans boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com. Board guides are not moderators. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
    • Former MSE Helen
    • By Former MSE Helen 11th Jul 13, 10:15 AM
    • 2,324 Posts
    • 971 Thanks
    Former MSE Helen
    MSE News: Warning: Ignore emails from 'QuickQuid' demanding non-existent debts
    "Consumers have been bombarded with emails from QuickQuid about outstanding debt, despite never having taken out a loan..."

Read the full story:

Warning: Ignore emails from 'QuickQuid' demanding non-existent debts

Click reply below to discuss. If you havenít already, join the forum to reply. If you arenít sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Last edited by Former MSE Helen; 11-07-2013 at 10:52 AM.
  • gb12345
    As i have said they own other companies such as Pounds to Pocket, they may have had a loan with them. Even applying for a loan, once they have your email its with them for life.
    Originally posted by tankmc
    Read MarleyBoys post

Funny that,

I got one this morning that went straight into my spam folder. Having NEVER signed up to them or any other Loan company, never even considered setting up an account with them or any other loan company and never even accidentally browsed a loan companies site.
    He claims to have had NO contact with ANY loan company. SO how do they manage to hold is details on their system.
  • HanBox
    I am SO RELIEVED to have found this thread! Been worrying ever since I received the exact same email this morning.

I have taken out a past loan with Quick Quid, however this was actually paid off last year and since I have sworn NEVER to use these sites again. I checked my online account this morning and it clearly states I have paid my loan off - plus the loan number differs to the one in this email. I also checked my account by phone - again it says that everything is paid.

I am a sucker for finances and know what is coming out of my account down to the last penny thanks to daily checks on my App and careful planning. Have noticed no withdrawals or payments I am not familiar with.

I am actually really angry about this and have forwarded the email to the address given on the Quick Quid site. I am not about to reply to this email or call the number (noticed it was not listed on the official site). I will keep people informed as to whether I get a reply.

However, i'm definitely breathing easy now! SCAM stamped all over it.
  • SeanCo
    Read MarleyBoys post

He claims to have had NO contact with ANY loan company. SO how do they manage to hold is details on their system.
    Originally posted by gb12345
    To me there are three possible scenarios:
    • A phishing scam using Quickquid as a convenient badge
    • The Quickquid marketing prospects, as opposed to customers, mailing list has been hacked.
    • Quickquid themeslves have accidently sent this nonesense to their marketing prospects (aka spam) mailing list.
    As others have mentioned I would not recommend calling the number quoted as if either of the first two scenarios above apply the call could end terminating at a £3 per minute recorded message outside the UK.
  • Viderz
    Same here
    Got same, complained to FOS, reported to BBC watchdog and sent email to director of quick quid. Hate these companies
  • gb12345
    As others have mentioned I would not recommend calling the number quoted as if either of the first two scenarios above apply the call could end terminating at a £3 per minute recorded message outside the UK.
    Originally posted by SeanCo

The phone number is a legitimate quickquid phone number - it is on faq.html on their website (not going to provide a link as I don't want to give them the benefit of a link from this site) under "How can a CPA be Cancelled".

I've not seen the email to know whether there are any links in it or whether the return address is legit, but to me it looks like this email has originated from QuickQuid, so that would just leave your third option as a possibility.
    • sharp82
    • By sharp82 11th Jul 13, 11:12 AM
    • 2,681 Posts
    • 2,243 Thanks
    sharp82
    I haven't got one.

Now, most of you, and there are many, have had nothing to do with these people. They now say it was a system error, so how did they have all of your email addresses?

Candy
    Originally posted by Candy53
    I imagine they brought a load of email addresses from somewhere for a marketing campaign. Then some fool sent the wrong email
    • Consumerist
    • By Consumerist 11th Jul 13, 11:22 AM
    • 5,221 Posts
    • 2,606 Thanks
    Consumerist
    . . . Even applying for a loan, once they have your email its with them for life.
    Originally posted by tankmc
    Under the Data Protection Act, however, companies are required to keep personal information only for as long as is necessary. So they should only keep the data if you actually become a customer.
    Warning: In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
  • iB1
    It would be interesting to see the e-mail headers from one of the e-mails to determine which servers this e-mail has originated from
    • Pincher
    • By Pincher 11th Jul 13, 11:40 AM
    • 6,516 Posts
    • 2,491 Thanks
    Pincher
    There is probably a monthly edition of the latest personal information database for the UK population. Facebook and Google actually have technical people to keep data safe, but the NHS and the rest of the civil service are forever losing their laptops.

I have no doubt by renewing my passport, I have just given all my personal information to the Russians.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,752Posts Today

6,236Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Channel 4 really screwed up not doing this on the Tory leaders debate last night, just think of the ratings... https://t.co/eYYfAYGdck

• Teacher/head in a London(ish) senior school? I want film a 1hr ish talk to 16-18 yr olds on student finance (to put? https://t.co/dSsSp1UVDF

• RT @thismorning: As a ban on rip-off bank fees is announced, @MartinSLewis explains if you can reclaim, and how to cut your overdraft costs?

• Follow Martin