B&Q Customer Service

I've read a thread maligning B&Q Customer services, unfortunately it degenerated into a comparison of different laminate floorings and the relevant DIY skills of the instigator of the post.

I have been through 7 weeks of sheer frustration with these people, and all so I could get a copy of my purchase receipt to return an faulty item to store. As a last resort I decided to email their CEO, even managed to find an email address of his PA. No surprise that the email was undeliverable. Has anyone else had cause to escalate a complaint to this level? Customer Services don't seem to be bothered with customer complaints, so I assume senior management take the same attitude.

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I'm a bit surprised by your experience. I don't know if there is a company rep on this forum?

I'm not a frequent B&Q customer, but my interactions with them have been good experiences. Less so online, but telephone support to track items down is usually pretty good. The staff in my local store (Fossets Park, Southend) are noticeably customer-focused, regardless of where they are sited in the store. I really value good customer service and can spot poor business culture a mile off.

Curry's on the other hand...I can predict the demise of this chain.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    I, on the other hand, am not in the slightest bit surprised. I had a long running dispute over B&Q's inability to install the laminate flooring that I had bought from them including an installation service - even once it got to their executive complaints team they were utterly hopeless and I ended up with a refund of the installation cost and I did the work myself.
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I've read a thread maligning B&Q Customer services, unfortunately it degenerated into a comparison of different laminate floorings and the relevant DIY skills of the instigator of the post.

I have been through 7 weeks of sheer frustration with these people, and all so I could get a copy of my purchase receipt to return an faulty item to store. As a last resort I decided to email their CEO, even managed to find an email address of his PA. No surprise that the email was undeliverable. Has anyone else had cause to escalate a complaint to this level? Customer Services don't seem to be bothered with customer complaints, so I assume senior management take the same attitude.

As a company do they even have copies of receipts available to print? Very few shops retain a searchable database for purchases in a way that could link to an individual receipt, it is your responsibility as purchaser to retain your proof of purchase.

If you paid by card then simply showing your statement with the transaction should be enough as proof of purchase in the case of faulty items. If you paid by cash and lost the receipt then it's a case of tough luck, be more careful next time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure